It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 yo girl killed by police--Now threats by Anonymous?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Did you not watch the vid?
Im the last guy who sticks up for the police but I can tell if I was so fawkin stupid to write "I have a gun" on my hand and aproach a cop im not sure what to expect but the obvious..the 1st cop did tackle her and for some reason let her sit on the chair..he lost control and that is the mistake.

edit on 28-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: Tusks

Jack Boot Thugs couldn't just tase her?

I don't have all the details but this seems a bit extreme to me.

Now time to queue the apologists...

Had to quote as it wouldn't let me straight reply but chose your post as it fits.....

First off, this is mostly my opinion but some are fact(s)

I was front line law enforcement for a long time. I left and have begun to realise that I am actually very anti-government and have lots of alternative views. However, I am generally supportive of cops as I know what they go through on a daily basis. I can only speak really of UK cops and they have a totally different style of Policing.

You do everything to protect yourself, victims, offenders and others. This means if someone has a knife and is slashing with it trying to maim or kill then lethal force can be used.

I was once in a situation where an old guy (but very stocky) was waving and slashing a machete around near some kids. The kids had been taunting him and he had snapped. He was spoken to and wouldn't put it down so was eventually taken down physically and detained. He could have found himself on the wrong end of an MP5. What I'm trying to say is that there are many alternatives. Lethal force should be the last.

And before anyone mentions "Cops should have shot the knife out of her hand" please don't!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Im the last guy who sticks up for the police but I can tell if I was so fawkin stupid to write "I have a gun" on my hand and aproach a cop im not sure what to expect but the obvious..the 1st cop did tackle her and for some reason let her sit on the chair..he lost control and that is the mistake.

Actually she had major mental issues...BTW anyone EVER actually see a gun? If you can tackle her once can't you do it again? This is not a 280 lb 6'6" Brown situation.

This type of stuff creates an eye for an eye situation...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: High5Ghost
This means if someone has a knife and is slashing with it trying to maim or kill then lethal force can be used.

So someone needs to ask...

You are a trained cop with full gear on... you see a small girl with a knife that seems to have mental issues, no one round but other officers, at what point do you shoot her? At what point do you trade, at worst, stitches for her life?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's a terrible situation with no winners, the girl was obviously very troubled and I feel for her and her family(I wasn't saying "she" was stupid). Why the 1st officer let her up I don't know..was he trying to not be brutal with her or a step back to re-access the situation when he spotted the knife?

edit on 28-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

BTW anyone EVER actually see a gun?

No, because there wasn't one.

If you can tackle her once can't you do it again?

Are you serious? She lunged at the cop with a knife after being tazed. Why should the cop risk being stabbed or sliced trying to subdue her at that point?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

At what point do you trade, at worst, stitches for her life?

I'm sure if he was only worried about getting a couple stitches things would be different. A knife is deadly, it doesn't matter who is wielding it. He was worried about getting stabbed in the gut or chest, or any other major organ, worried about getting something major in his leg or arm sliced open.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I'm sure if he was only worried about getting a couple stitches things would be different. A knife is deadly, it doesn't matter who is wielding it. He was worried about getting stabbed in the gut or chest, or any other major organ, worried about getting something major in his leg or arm sliced open.

I'm sure all that went though his head, really...

Maybe it is my own perspective in all this for if she came at me it wouldn't be much of a fight. A knight is really not deadly unless a person knows how to use it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Are you serious? She lunged at the cop with a knife after being tazed. Why should the cop risk being stabbed or sliced trying to subdue her at that point?

Because he is a cop? Because there was like a bunch of cops there most likely, or am I stretching it here...

Maybe he is in the wrong profession if at any point he is fearful of a young girl ...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

was he trying to not be brutal with her or a step back to re-access the situation when he spotted the knife?

At what point does a full grown man trained cop fearful of his life from a small young girl holding a knife??

Holy crap... They get zero training other than to pull a trigger?
edit on 29-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

cops and killers have the same pyscalogical profile not much conscience there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

was he trying to not be brutal with her or a step back to re-access the situation when he spotted the knife?

At what point does a full grown man trained cop fearful of his life from a small young girl holding a knife??

Holy crap... They get zero training other than to pull a trigger?

yep and from what we can see in the vid he wrestled with her for around 6 minutes till he realized she was even armed with a knife..if indeed she really was....what is even stranger he wrestled her for that 6 minutes thinking she had a gun...

most definitely a training issue..or should i say lack of it

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

most definitely a training issue..or should i say lack of it

Can't overpower a teenage girl that weighed about 90 pounds..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

cops and killers have the same pyscalogical profile not much conscience there.

Has anyone ever done a study on how many sociopaths become cops...hehe

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
And as usual the armchair experts are still churning away with how they would have done it better. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing, I bet none of you ever make any mistakes right? Oh let me guess, you do but it doesn't cost someone their life, right? Probably more to do with the fact that pen pushing, keyboard bashing, farming, etc, etc rarely has the potential to put people's lives at risk. Some people seem to forget that good or bad, by it's nature a cop's job isn't exactly the safest and the situations they find themselves in are often unpredictable.

Even the best trained professionals in any field can make mistakes, and sometimes it could be something as seemingly mundane as an engineer carrying out a welding repair which fails, in the end costing hundreds of people their lives in a plane crash.

It could be a programmer making a runtime error in a line of code causing billions of dollars worth of space launch vehicle to lose control and explode.

Or it could be an engineer forgetting to set the system to test when loading in a simulation tape and being incredibly close to starting Global Nuclear Conflict.

The point is, human beings do make mistakes and sometimes with less than desirable consequences. Maybe they could have done some things better, but it's easy to criticise after the incident. We can't even hear what's being said which doesn't help, but in any case strutting around with your noses in the air dribbling on about how you all could do a much better job doesn't help and is complete and utter BS anyway.

Go back to your Jackie Chan and Die Hard movies, this is the real world now where there isn't a script, there isn't a choreographer and you don't get as many takes as you want to get it 'just right'.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Specifically to the topic, you can see in this still that she is holding the knife seemingly in a reverse grip when she lunges at the officer. The officer in the middle at this point tried to tase her I believe and when it failed the first officer and the female officer fired on her. I'm sure the Jackie Chan's in the thread would have been able to deal, but the real people with only one take in life in the video clearly felt they had no other option at that moment in time.

Close up with knife

The alleged knife

When you watch the whole video, you can see from their reactions afterwards their pretty shaken up and can't believe what happened. Hardly a bunch of thugs itching to kill, unlike some people in these types of threads.

Sad, but the girl clearly had mental issues and was hoping for this outcome. Not sure why some people think that someone with a mental issue is somehow less threatening than someone without. If anything, they're worse by being unpredictable, impulsive and having no regard for their own or anyone else's safety.
You can see in the close up video on Live Leak that she holds up her palm (and in no way can it be interpreted as a defensive gesture, she's clearly showing something) as per the official narrative. In fact the whole video backs up the official narrative if you watch it properly, the only thing that would make it clearer is if there were sound.

And 90 pounds or not, the energy required to kill someone with a knife is the same for a 90 pound girl or a 290 pound gym gorilla and perfectly within either's capability.

And people moaning that he let her get up? Apparently he withdrew because he suddenly saw the knife and she was going for it on the floor. But if anything it seems he wasn't rough enough in restraining her. Some of you are just never happy, too much force, too little force, *chomp chomp* on the popcorn like some sick voyeur...

Could we and should we have hoped for a less fatal outcome? Of course, but it wasn't and I don't see from the evidence so far why the officer's should be crucified for their actions.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

If he would have smashed her a few times in the face and knocked her out, she might be alive, .........of course then this would be discussed as evil cops beating on 90 pound weakling girl.

It's clear this was justified as well as really sad.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It sure is rough to be a cop. Those 90 pound teenage girls are deadly! She could have been a ninja-like expert knife thrower from Kill Bill 1 and 2. A tazer is just not a viable option.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Let's face it, in general our society feels it is OK for police to shot someone in almost any situation. It's been that for quite a while.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimmyJackjohn

It sure is rough to be a cop. Those 90 pound teenage girls are deadly! She could have been a ninja-like expert knife thrower from Kill Bill 1 and 2. A tazer is just not a viable option.

Nice, now try watching the video. You know, the thing that contains all the facts we have been discussing. the one that shows a tazer being used.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join