It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I don't think God would create something, only to oppose and undermine it. In this discussion, we focus on Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) for they are the most popular and influential religions in the world.

For example, in wealth, religion often says that good people will have abundance and bad people will experience poverty and misery - this is the kind of programming you'll hear in churches even if the Bible is not clear (divided) on the subject.

In reality, the greediest and often, very evil and corrupt people becomes the richest and often die in abundant material wealth. Some really good and selfless people died in misery and poverty.

Jesus taught that mercy is good while sacrifice is pointless. But there are many teachings in Abrahamic religions which result to misery. Women are treated with lesser authority than men and sometimes, even sub-humans. But studies show that women actually make better leaders than men in a business setting and results to higher productivity.

Many of the most religious nations on the planet are also the most miserable and figures badly in observation of human rights. The most non religous nations (with the exception of communist and dictatorial nations) figures highly in the respect of human life, equality and their citizens enjoying a high quality of living on average and low crime rates.

Additional references not necessary, you'll have to be deaf and blind to not see these things happen in our world.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Religions are, in general a joke.
i can grant you they were a good first attempt at creating order, morality and philosophy.
But now they are painfully outdated, and should be replaced by our modern understanding of the world and the centuries of experience we have gathered.
As for the contradictions you point to, and why they are there, it's just because those books were written by people. People like you and me, with no special powers, no visions, no magical abilities.
Just people with their personal agendas, hypocrisies and limitations.
That or we have to accept that a supreme being made a instruction manual on how we should live our lives and even though he is perfect and can see the future, still managed to do a sloppy job writing it, or didn't have enough control over the people the asked to write it to make sure they would not put their own agendas into motion, or in short, this supreme being is not supreme at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

If you look at the Eastern religions they are more about personal spiritual growth - which probably comes with the long, long root in shamanism, however when you look at judaism - borrowed from other peoples myths and twisted to suit the priesthood's and then elite to conjoin rag-bag families of people into a group, its start was political using religioun to unite its group, christianity was the same only on more recent and clearer grounds of a priesthood getting power through the emperor by designing a religion with no circumcision but out of current judaism and its newer rival christian groups again into one huge religious group. The of course islam which mohammad started and was put into an orthodox religion by a group of men who designed its dogma which included - surprise a political system.

When you bring in religions that have no true basis of spirituality for the individual by choice and rely on strict obedience, your authenticity is not clear so anyone writing about it can put their own agenda into its history and unfortunately the type of individual that in truth most woulod never give the time of day to, or any power over them willingly, in short its the easy step to unquestionable power over the public - and all of them by dressing up identify themselves as apart and above, whether they are mealy mouthed or "Yeh all Sinners!" bawler. Most of them are snakes though. To find an altruistic and genuine man you should probably look to doctors, fire fighters etc, not the comfortable smocked guy at the back out of harms way.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

For example, in wealth, religion often says that good people will have abundance and bad people will experience poverty and misery - this is the kind of programming you'll hear in churches even if the Bible is not clear (divided) on the subject.

I think you are confusing "prosperity" with "rich". Someone who is financially free is prosperous, but not necessarily "rich". And money itself isn't the root of all evil, "the lust of" money is.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Religion is a lie/joke/false/confusing/horror

Why do we need religion to believe in God?
Because then religion cannot scam the people anymore into giving money.

Spiritual growth is imo the best way. Requires only believe in God and yourself. Because God is within everybody.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The problem is that our spirit (will/desire/purpose/function) is that of materialism, and so when trying to understand things, we misunderstand, confuse, and often completely miss, their spiritual meaning.

What we do is similar to trying to measure the height of a number to see its meaning, and as you know, it doesn't work like that - meaning is in a things purpose, or spirit, not its measure.

All things are spiritual, but we cannot properly see them as such - all we can "see" is material things/physical things, and so that is what we "see" instead of interpreting/translating the spirit of things (as we are meant to do.) e.g. My words are meant to lead you to my awareness and my awareness is of my will/desires - but materialists will try to measure the letters as if they are factoids and not see the purpose of my words (helping you understand).
edit on 1/26/2015 by Bleeeeep because: rearranged my post for better structure and added some stuff for clarity

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Religion is a lie/joke/false/confusing/horror

Why do we need religion to believe in God?
Because then religion cannot scam the people anymore into giving money.

Spiritual growth is imo the best way. Requires only believe in God and yourself. Because God is within everybody.

Definition of religion: "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

That is what the word religion means. If you believe in God then you are by the definition religious. All this trendy talk about oh I'm not religious, but I do believe in God is a contradiction and abuse of the English language.

I'm religious.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

"Jesus taught that mercy is good while sacrifice is pointless".

This is a complete fabrication and lie. Nowhere did Jesus say that. Jesus' life WAS a sacrifice. Does the metaphor "sacrificial lamb" ring any bells with you? He laid down His life as the offering for atonement of human sin. That is Scripture.

You have got all confused with Hosea 6:6; "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings."

It is an OT prophet's speech to Israel to put into context what is most important. It does not mean abolish the Law of offerings, but to know what is more important. It stresses love and mercy as the most important aspects of the Law.

Jesus came later to fulfil the Law. The meaning of his life is the sacrifice that He made.

It is not fair to deceive people when you do not even understand the subject you are dealing with. That is why I have challenged you here.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The only pertinent contradiction with far teaching consequences is that people think the US is a Christian country or should strive to be more Christian. Christianity has tainted all the institutions and if you want to lead the world you shouldn't become the Holy Roman Empire because many will want nothing to do with you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
It is an OT prophet's speech to Israel to put into context what is most important. It does not mean abolish the Law of offerings, but to know what is more important. It stresses love and mercy as the most important aspects of the Law.

Actually, it does, in Hosea 6.6. It's very clear ....NOT sacrifice.

This is classic Christian justification... When Jesus said hate, it means love a lot less according to Christian dogma. This why many Christians strive to be different than most but outwardly, they are not. They are "evil" as the ones they accuse.

Fact is most people in the world are hypocrites. Hypocrisy is the product of our self-preservation instincts in a world that is mostly evil or corrupt.

This is why Jesus said, you can't love your life and be saved (John 12:25) Love in the context of putting yourself above the welfare of others - self preservation. You cannot be successful in this world without being corrupt yourself or promoting values which are ultimately destructive to life. This is why floating garbage is abundant even in the remotest part of the seas and easily visible in satellites.

I was a Christian for the last 20 years. I know the drill like the back of my hand. I care for the welfare of not just the less-fortunate people but also other living creatures. Religion falls desperately short in showing love in such context.

The Bible only has small fragments of teachings which can bring positive results on our world. Most of it is junk.
edit on 26-1-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

"If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??"

Possibly because our God or Gods just offer crap technical support?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
Definition of religion: "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

That is what the word religion means. If you believe in God then you are by the definition religious. All this trendy talk about oh I'm not religious, but I do believe in God is a contradiction and abuse of the English language.

To satisfy that definition, you need two conditions: belief AND worship.

I believe in my heavenly mother but I don't worship her but I love her a lot! She doesn't give me the truth, she wants me to find it on my own.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Because man created religion and god to explain things it could not understand. Also to create rule of law. Someday sheeple will move beyond it. Wishing and waiting. Sure i will be long dead before people wake up and use science and history to evaluate things. No profit and control in that though. So it won't serve the elite.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??"

Possibly because our God or Gods just offer crap technical support?

The Gnostics believe that the god of this world(universe) is evil but the best of mankind is actually smarter than this false god. And yet, this not-so-smart evil-god managed to deceive most of humanity.

We are all smart but most preferred foolishness instead.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Because man created religion and god to explain things it could not understand. Also to create rule of law. Someday sheeple will move beyond it. Wishing and waiting. Sure i will be long dead before people wake up and use science and history to evaluate things. No profit and control in that though. So it won't serve the elite.

You will be alive to see it - if it ever happens. You'll only "remember" this day in random nightmares.

We already use statistics for evaluation but only few people takes action. Hopefully the colonisation of Mars and beyond will prove that things can workout better without money, abuse of power, and greed.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Your op is hacky, choppy and just flat out messed up.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The Gnostic faith also implies that this reality is hell.

Humanity is clever in the singular sense but add any form of group dynamics into the mix and they are generally only as intelligent as the loudest, stupidest person present.

Thats essentially the reason religion works as a mass control construct.
edit on 26-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
God created everything into existence and us humans too and i think our purpose was something really special in the begin with but apparently some of the other creations did not like our special status so much, i do not know what was this special status really, maybe it got to do with our graduation day, day when we would arise to the next kingdom, where we would be equal to other creations, or something like that.

I think this earth and human life is our test ground.
Keep the God in the mind and in the spirit and not even religion can corrupt it.
Maybe religion got corrupted long time ago by it very meaning but still it aint the problem, since God does not disappear even if religions would, God does not corrupt even religion does and so on..

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
OP, even if you don't understand it, God does. That's why you're not God. Nothing opposes anything. It all balances out. Look at anything--you yourself, a blade of grass, anything. Even the evil in the world only serves to create more good. That's why evil never wins.

The bible explains all of this. There's no contradiction. Evil is allowed because everything happens for a reason, and that's where faith comes in. Faith and logic are two different things. Faith doesn't require logic--and that's why it's faith. Logic will only get you so far. That's where faith is supposed to come in.

The human existence is a spiritual one. Because we are wholly spiritual--even though we currently have a physical body. This isn't about logic at all. It's about the spirit and about faith. That's what this reality is. This reality doesn't even run on logic half of the time. All those crazy unexplainable things that people get so mindfked over--spiritual. Logic can't help you understand things like that. But faith can.

Poo-poo it all you want, until you try it you won't ever know. Nor will you be able to disprove faith with logic because you're comparing apples and oranges. Go read an ethics book or study some philosophy. The definitions are there too. Which supports the bible and disproves what you're saying entirely.
edit on 26-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join