It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NOTurTypical

In that case, neither is love.

Correct.

I thought you were next going to refer to the OT verse where God seems to say "I create evil".

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
I don't think God would create something, only to oppose and undermine it. In this discussion, we focus on Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) for they are the most popular and influential religions in the world.

For example, in wealth, religion often says that good people will have abundance and bad people will experience poverty and misery - this is the kind of programming you'll hear in churches even if the Bible is not clear (divided) on the subject.

In reality, the greediest and often, very evil and corrupt people becomes the richest and often die in abundant material wealth. Some really good and selfless people died in misery and poverty.

This is not about materialism, but our society is so wrapped up in it that this is often how it is interpreted. In fact, there is a very famous so-called preacher who preaches the gospel from the materialist angle. So don't feel bad. Lots of Christians are confused by this, too.

What this is really about is wealth and poverty of the spirit. You can have a lot of material wealth and be very poor in spirit and vice versa. This explains the contradiction you see. You are preoccupied with matters of the flesh and the material, not the spirit. If you are poor in spirit, it doesn't matter how materially wealthy you are. And if you are wealthy in spirit, you can be the poorest man on earth in the material sense but you can never have that wealth taken from you.

Jesus taught that mercy is good while sacrifice is pointless. But there are many teachings in Abrahamic religions which result to misery. Women are treated with lesser authority than men and sometimes, even sub-humans. But studies show that women actually make better leaders than men in a business setting and results to higher productivity.

Several problems:

1. The point about Christ is disconnected from the rest.
2. You go from Christ Himself to all Abrahamic religions and list "many teachings." Hard to address without specific ones you are leveling criticism against.
3. Citing studies done by man is not a contradiction within religion.

Many of the most religious nations on the planet are also the most miserable and figures badly in observation of human rights. The most non religous nations (with the exception of communist and dictatorial nations) figures highly in the respect of human life, equality and their citizens enjoying a high quality of living on average and low crime rates.

Additional references not necessary, you'll have to be deaf and blind to not see these things happen in our world.

And now you just say that you are, of course, correct. You are in short as deaf and blind as you could accuse any religious person of being.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I already went there in my first post.

The Old Testament God revels in Hell.

edit on 26-1-2015 by windword because: GOD

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Religions are metaphoric personal histories recorded of someone that completed their sojourn to the ultimate end. It doesn't mean that life-thread will work for anyone else. The end-goal is to attain possession of the Presence but so very, very few have the courage to surrender Self which is the only way that can take place.

99.9% prefer the comfort and power of establishing their personal dwelling ON the Ladder instead of leaping off the Ladder once they get to the top. Once you leap off the Ladder, you cannot have It back, You cannot ever go back. You cannot ever be the same again. That scares the 99.9% so they retreat back into dwelling about ON the Ladder.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I already went there in my first post.

The Old Testament revels in Hell.

I didn't see it. The verse in Isaiah is better translated as "adversity/calamity". Hebrew isn't as precise as Greek is. Hebrew is like English, some words mean several different things. Example, someone 3,500 years from now could read a post of me saying, "I"m pretty blue today" and people will be arguing that my skin color was the same as Windex, and that quote is proof.

edit on 26-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
I don't think God would create something, only to oppose and undermine it. In this discussion, we focus on Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) for they are the most popular and influential religions in the world.

For example, in wealth, religion often says that good people will have abundance and bad people will experience poverty and misery - this is the kind of programming you'll hear in churches even if the Bible is not clear (divided) on the subject.

In reality, the greediest and often, very evil and corrupt people becomes the richest and often die in abundant material wealth. Some really good and selfless people died in misery and poverty.

Jesus taught that mercy is good while sacrifice is pointless. But there are many teachings in Abrahamic religions which result to misery. Women are treated with lesser authority than men and sometimes, even sub-humans. But studies show that women actually make better leaders than men in a business setting and results to higher productivity.

Many of the most religious nations on the planet are also the most miserable and figures badly in observation of human rights. The most non religous nations (with the exception of communist and dictatorial nations) figures highly in the respect of human life, equality and their citizens enjoying a high quality of living on average and low crime rates.

Additional references not necessary, you'll have to be deaf and blind to not see these things happen in our world.

Agreed. I do believe in God, but not in any religion. Religion was created by man. I think many older, eastern philosophies come close to the truth, but not any of the Abrahamic religions for sure and not any of the religions of the Greek, Romans or Norse beliefs. More like the Zen philosophies and those that speak of karma and reincarnation. I could be wrong, but not about the Abrahamic religions, they are barbaric and backwards.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So what's your point NuT? Are you trying to say that God didn't create evil or the sin that will damn most of us to the Hell that God didn't create either?

That's what I said. Some Christians don't believe that God created everything. I guess you're one of them, huh?

edit on 26-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

3 religions, same GOD, 2 know it, the 3rd has no clue of the depth of the deception and fraud perpetrated on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Wifi, weren't you one of those people complaining about offending the Muslims? LOL You could work for Charlie Hebdo if you like the sort of blasphemy on this cartoon but would never have to worry about getting blown up over it.

?

I don't recall getting involved in any of the hebdo affair.

The rest of your post is quite ironic, you seem to be complaining about a picture...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
To answer the title:

Because religion is the antithesis to God. They claim to lead you to him but they are actually leading you away from him. Contradictions are a sign of man not God, which is why the bible and other books have contradictions, they were written by man and not God.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

3 religions, same GOD, 2 know it, the 3rd has no clue of the depth of the deception and fraud perpetrated on them.

Or all three are equally as deceived as the others. The Abrahamic God seems to revel in changing his plans and totally alienating those who came before the change.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

What modern understanding are you referring to?
Nuclear war.

Air pollution

Massive crime, and war and violence

The physicist who every 10 years change what they said years earlier.

The poverty all around us as children starve in your wonderful MODERN world.

It’s not religion that’s the failure its mankind that has failed

Religion is just a theory

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Either God is not good, is not powerful, or does not exist. There being not an iota of testable evidence proving that God exists, I'll go with the latter. Religion is simply the organized control and exploitation of people.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I think you're confusing religion with belief. Religion is the performance of ritual on behalf of or in obeyance to a supernatural deity or deities.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
All you haters of religion should understand it’s just a metaphysical theory, created by human beings.

Its human beings who distort its original theory and abuse it

It’s from the human experience not outer space.

You want to deny the human experience, fine, but billions of people follow religion so whatever its truth it is likely with us for the long haul.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I think you're confusing religion with belief. Religion is the performance of ritual on behalf of or in obeyance to a supernatural deity or deities.

Belief is a major part of religion, as religion is a major part of belief often.

One often believes something before they enact its proposition, so without belief you would have an incomplete religion.

Of course people can and often do things without belief... that’s called faith

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Several problems:

1. The point about Christ is disconnected from the rest.
2. You go from Christ Himself to all Abrahamic religions and list "many teachings." Hard to address without specific ones you are leveling criticism against.
3. Citing studies done by man is not a contradiction within religion.

1. true

2. I see it by #1 Jesus is not related to abrahamic religions

3. Jesus does not belong to a religion. She is a mother to her children, not a god.

Since no worship, it can't be religion. Worship in spirit and in truth is not the same kind of worship of religious and it is not called worship.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
religion does not matter just believe in God glass canopy

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Belief is a major part of religion, as religion is a major part of belief often.

One often believes something before they enact its proposition, so without belief you would have an incomplete religion.

Of course people can and often do things without belief... that’s called faith

My point is that there's a distinction between belief and religion. You may believe that hard shell tacos are better than soft tacos. That is not a religion.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Tangerine because: typo correction

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gailmoran
religion does not matter just believe in God glass canopy

Why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join