It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

God didn't create evil. God is Holy and Pure. The Lord is a consuming Fire, Love, The Fire of His Holy Spirit and sin and evil is death. Burnt out fire - cold and dark, no love.

It's not God's fault if some people choose not to fuel the Fire of The Spirit within them through Love.

Know Love, Know God for God is Love (Epistle of John)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Because people are most likely designed by various gods to be idots by nature.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

"God didn't create evil. God is Holy and Pure. The Lord is a consuming Fire, Love, The Fire of His Holy Spirit and sin and evil is death. Burnt out fire - cold and dark, no love."

Good and evil are simply human constructs. If there is a God or Gods then they are above such petty shades of grey. Just sounds like you are quoting scripture.

"It's not God's fault if some people choose not to fuel the Fire of The Spirit within them through Love."

I think you may find it is indeed Gods fault considering he is the one that apparently gave us freewill hence the ability to choose.

"Know Love, Know God for God is Love (Epistle of John)"

That may well be the case but do you care to explain the contradictions below pertaining to said book?

Genesis 1:11-12 and 1:26-27 Trees came before Adam. Genesis 2:4-9 Trees came after Adam.

Genesis 1:20-21 and 26-27 Birds were created before Adam. Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 Birds were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:24-27 Animals were created before Adam. Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 Animals were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:26-27 Adam and Eve were created at the same time. Genesis 2:7 and 2:21-22 Adam was created first, woman sometime later.

And that's just one chapter of our Bible. Im not saying one way or the other as to the existence of a creator or creators. I am saying our perception and/or interpretation of such leaves a lot to be desired.

edit on 27-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NOTurTypical

So what's your point NuT? Are you trying to say that God didn't create evil or the sin that will damn most of us to the Hell that God didn't create either?

That's what I said. Some Christians don't believe that God created everything. I guess you're one of them, huh?

My point was previously stated, that God didn't create non-material things or abstract concepts.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

God didn't create non-material things or abstract concepts

Why not? Is God incapable of forming abstract thoughts?

Who invented math?

What is God's admonition "Don't eat of the Tree of Good and Evil" all about, then?

Do parents "create" bratty kids? Did God create the environment that made Satan "too cool for school"?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Why not? Is God incapable of forming abstract thoughts?

Sure, but that doesn't make an abstract a tangible, material thing. It's still an abstract.

Do parents "create" bratty kids? Did God create the environment that made Satan "too cool for school"?

The word "create" in your example would be a metaphor/hyperbole. ^

If it makes you feel any better God also didn't create "good" or "love".

edit on 27-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

First of all, I don't believe in your God, so your only explaining your beliefs to me, not dictating reality.

I find it absurd your continuing to argue and insist on all the things that your God didn't create and isn't responsible for.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: johndeere2020

The Gnostic faith also implies that this reality is hell.

Humanity is clever in the singular sense but add any form of group dynamics into the mix and they are generally only as intelligent as the loudest, stupidest person present.

Thats essentially the reason religion works as a mass control construct.

By the human in its natural environment; greediness and/ or ingenuity to control others for personal self benefit RULES; totally against God and humanities potential betterment. Gnostic faith is my glue/adherence. Nice post andy06shake.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Everything has to contradict God....You just don't understand it, God wants you to find him ON YOUR OWN! You must believe, if you don't and let God into your life, everything will seem to contradict everything else....See for yourself, I dare you...Open up and let God in, you will have a new outlook on this topic!

There seems to be no (reality check) teachers of this in the Western world; and it is a travesty of information lost; even though Master Jesus taught the same ideology as the Hindus/Buddhists (somehow does not translate).
edit on 27-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

its a pretty easy answer. all the texts which attest god's word are FAKE.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Because people are most likely designed by various gods to be idots by nature.

Various Gods, which ones; does God or Gods enjoy watching its creation (ITSELF expressed in human form) dancing to the tune of an idiot by it's OWN natural design have a chance of improving itself. Is God then a spectator that enjoys the voyeurism of seeing itself in comedic failure (seems masochistic and twisted). You would think God had some faith in us (after all we are it).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

First of all, I don't believe in your God, so your only explaining your beliefs to me, not dictating reality.

I find it absurd your continuing to argue and insist on all the things that your God didn't create and isn't responsible for.

I don't see how this is so hard to understand. Love, good, evil, and sin are not things, they are immaterial. They are abstracts. God created the reality we know, down to the last molecule and atom. Abstracts that develop out of that creation are not the original creation, and likewise not material things.

And don't play that game now, you asked questions on the last page of me that presupposed for the sake of argument that God exists.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

And don't play that game now, you asked questions on the last page of me that presupposed for the sake of argument that God exists.

You know my stance on the biblical God. Do I always have to modify my statements with "your" God or "this hypothetical God" for you?

I don't see how this is so hard to understand. Love, good, evil, and sin are not things, they are immaterial.

What was "The Tree of Good and Evil" that God CREATED all about?

Did God create (your) Satan? Who's fault is it that (hypothetical) Satan is evil?

Did God create a place called Hell?

edit on 27-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

In that case, neither is love.

Correct.

I thought you were next going to refer to the OT verse where God seems to say "I create evil".

God does not 'create' evil; it just allows for its manifestation (its up to the human to self determine the consequences of utilizing this negative form of energy; whether fanning the flames/to profligate or take the higher road in neutralizing it).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Correct.

I thought you were next going to refer to the OT verse where God seems to say "I create evil".

God does not 'create' evil; it allows for its manifestation (its up to the human to figure this one out).

Actually, it's up to you to cite testable evidence proving that God exists.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Correct.

God does not 'create' evil; it allows for its manifestation (its up to the human to figure this one out).

Actually the specific verse I was mentioning in that post, "evil" is best translated "calamity/disaster/destruction" in modern English.

I know He doesn't "create" evil any more than He creates good or love. They are all abstracts. Which is my point.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Correct.

You first have to prove to me you exist; by your own one point perspective? I cannot see you, however I trust in the higher being that was responsible for your creation.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

What was "The Tree of Good and Evil" that God CREATED all about?

If I remember correctly, it was the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil. Meaning their understanding was given to know right from wrong.

Did God create (your) Satan?

Not exactly, He created the cherub who would fall and we would give the title satan to. Ha' Shatan is only a title, it means "the accuser". I don't think anyone knows what his proper name is. I don't know myself. But "iniquity was found in him" quite some time after his initial creation, he developed pride because of his beauty and position as the head of worship in heaven.

Who's fault is it that (hypothetical) Satan is evil?

His fault, he has free will. He chose rebellion.

Did God create a place called Hell?

I'll assume you mean the Hebrew "Gehenna", and yes. It was created for the devil and the other fallen angels. I believe this chamber was created when the Earth was judged before Adam was created. I personally lean towards the gap theory, but I don't fault other Christians who don't believe in it.

Hell "Gehenna", would be a material place. But not sure myself if it is in the spiritual dimension or the physical. I dunno, never cared that much about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Correct.

You first have to prove to me you exist; by your own one point perspective? I cannot see you, however I trust in the higher being that was responsible for your creation.

Don't even entertain those posts.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Correct.

Actually the specific verse I was mentioning in that post, "evil"is best translated "calamity/disaster/destruction" in modern English.
I know He doesn't "create" evil any more than He creates good or love. They are all abstracts. Which is my point.

I will put it this way; as evil has manifested in the consciousness of the human; the husbandry of it is best left to mankind; so as (allowed) can manipulate it to great advantage points. Sometimes somewhere in history there is a stand taken to disallow its nurturing, but its always there in the background lurking. Its a given chaos changer in any social dynamic, just as the dynamic of love operates in the same way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join