It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created everything, why does religion contradicts so many things??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
originally posted by: NOTurTypical
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing
originally posted by: Tangerine

Tangerine: I thought you were next going to refer to the OT verse where God seems to say "I create evil".

God does not 'create' evil; it allows for its manifestation (its up to the human to figure this one out).

Tangerine: Actually, it's up to you to cite testable evidence proving that God exists.

You first have to prove to me you exist; by your own one point perspective? I cannot see you, however I trust in the higher being that was responsible for your creation.

NOTurTypical: Don't even entertain those posts.

My posts come with/feature an 'open bar' and free entertainment (what are your preferences music wise).
edit on 27-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Okay good!

(Your) God created The Tree of GOOD and EVIL.

God created the being that is known as Satan, the embodiment of EVIL to Christians.

AND, God created Hell.

Thanks.

edit on 27-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Okay good!

God created the being that is known as Satan, the embodiment of EVIL to Christians.

AND, God created Hell.

Thanks.

It is surprising to me windword; some do not understand that their own subconscious creates the 'god' of their dreams, whether it is evil or 'good' or one to be suspicious of. They are responsible for defining a creation suited specifically for/to themselves; self designed self administered and ultimately their own burden to understand a relationship to. Some of us create another idea of a loving being (just so suited to our own distinct idea of a benevolent creator, has its flaws (big one perceived neglect of us/non disclosure) but is all forgiven in the sake of the experiment (we are miniature universes).
edit on 27-1-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: johndeere2020

Everything has to contradict God....You just don't understand it, God wants you to find him ON YOUR OWN! You must believe, if you don't and let God into your life, everything will seem to contradict everything else....See for yourself, I dare you...Open up and let God in, you will have a new outlook on this topic!

There seems to be no (reality check) teachers of this in the Western world; and it is a travesty of information lost; even though Master Jesus taught the same ideology as the Hindus/Buddhists (somehow does not translate).

Master Jesus, as you call him, probably never existed. At least there isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that he did. Even if he did, not a word of the Bible was written by anyone who witnessed him "teaching" anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing
originally posted by: Tangerine

Tangerine: I thought you were next going to refer to the OT verse where God seems to say "I create evil".

God does not 'create' evil; it allows for its manifestation (its up to the human to figure this one out).

Tangerine: Actually, it's up to you to cite testable evidence proving that God exists.

You first have to prove to me you exist; by your own one point perspective? I cannot see you, however I trust in the higher being that was responsible for your creation.

NOTurTypical: Don't even entertain those posts.

My posts come with/feature an 'open bar' and free entertainment (what are your preferences music wise).

So you don't have an iota of testable evidence proving that God exists. Thought so.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
I don't think God would create something, only to oppose and undermine it. In this discussion, we focus on Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) for they are the most popular and influential religions in the world.

For example, in wealth, religion often says that good people will have abundance and bad people will experience poverty and misery - this is the kind of programming you'll hear in churches even if the Bible is not clear (divided) on the subject.

In reality, the greediest and often, very evil and corrupt people becomes the richest and often die in abundant material wealth. Some really good and selfless people died in misery and poverty.

Jesus taught that mercy is good while sacrifice is pointless. But there are many teachings in Abrahamic religions which result to misery. Women are treated with lesser authority than men and sometimes, even sub-humans. But studies show that women actually make better leaders than men in a business setting and results to higher productivity.

Many of the most religious nations on the planet are also the most miserable and figures badly in observation of human rights. The most non religous nations (with the exception of communist and dictatorial nations) figures highly in the respect of human life, equality and their citizens enjoying a high quality of living on average and low crime rates.

Additional references not necessary, you'll have to be deaf and blind to not see these things happen in our world.

First off your OP is flawed in focusing on one version of god, when god could have infinate versions.

Now to the point of why religion is so messed up, humans were made to be stupid by various gods for various reasons which usually fit into those gods agendas.

Notice no humans are more intelligent than others, they are all pretty dumb, meaning we were made this way on purpose.
Why are the scriptures so messed up? Because stupid humans messed them up with thier own stupidity.

Unable to comprehend greater and higher truths ignorance was carried out to be the word of god.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Religions are human inventions.
But God has always been here.
God is probably DNA.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

So you don't have an iota of testable evidence proving that God exists. Thought so.

I don't need to in this thread.

Because it's a troll post, that's why I said the other member should ignore it. The OP of this thread and title already presupposes that God exists for sake of argument. Feel free to argue the existence of God till you are blue in the face, use the search feature, and there are undoubtedly 50 threads already covering that topic itself.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Master Jesus, as you call him, probably never existed. At least there isn't an iota of contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that he did. Even if he did, not a word of the Bible was written by anyone who witnessed him "teaching" anything.

Matthew, John, and Peter were His disciples, they were with Him all 3 years of His ministry. James and Jude were His half-brothers. And all 4 gospels are historical records of His life and teachings.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Okay good!

Almost, I know for a fact I said it before, either you missed it or you are purposely straw manning me. He created the tree of the "KNOWLEDGE of good and evil". Which means the ability cognitively to understand good vs bad, good vs evil.

So in layman's terms, yes, He created a tree. A material thing.

Not just Christians, Jews and Muslims as well. But anyways, when God created him he was perfect. He fell by his own choice and rebellion. He is a material thing as well.

AND, God created Hell.

Yes. It's a material thing/place.

Thanks.

LOL why getting snippy? God created everything that is material. He cannot create abstracts. Abstracts are a secondary consequence of the first cause, creation. He did know obviously, that when He created creatures with free will many would choose rebellion.

edit on 28-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Religions are human inventions.
But God has always been here.
God is probably DNA.

Close, what made us in our forms today is a virus. Go look it up in google.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Because it's a troll post, that's why I said the other member should ignore it. The OP of this thread and title already presupposes that God exists for sake of argument.

Ehem:

Matthew 10:34-35
Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;…

The bible itself shouts "I am confusion!!" and christians in particular don't hear it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I'm talking about this:

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith. Are Christians required to keep all of the 10 Commandments including the Sabbath day? Are the teachings of Mohammed peaceful, a beneficial for people today? Do Mormons really believe in polygamy? Do all Buddhist monks have flashbacks before battle? We can't begin to truly discuss these topics if we're constantly arguing about if God is real or not.

If you have questions that deal with the existence of God or want to ask if Mohammed actually was a real person or a myth, then please start a new discussion with a meaningful, appropriate title and you may then dominate a new discussion with this theme in mind. Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

abovetopsecret.com "ALL MEMBERS READ"

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You should not assume that "your" God, the biblical God, is "The" GOD or that we all agree on the Biblical God as being real or mythical, good or evil.

You should not use that thread to silence dissent to your authority to dictate what/who God is.

edit on 28-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition.

it IS stated in the thread topic.

moving on...
edit on 28-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So in layman's terms, yes, He created a tree. A material thing.

Stop being so obtuse!

The Tree of "Good and Evil" was not just any tree. It sat in the middle of the Garden Of Eden and was forbidden. So, right away, in Genesis we have the abstract thoughts of "forbidden", "good" and "evil", and therefore, they existed in (your) God's mind and within his divine plan, before Adam and Eve ever even ate of the "Magical Fruit".

A magical fruit which was created with properties to suddenly make it's consumer aware of what the actual consequences of the abstract thoughts of "forbidden". "good" and "evil" REALLY mean!

(your) Satan was already "Evil" by the time he met up with (hypothetical) Adam and Eve, and (your) God had already created "Hell" for Satan and his Minions, and quite conveniently, just for good measure, he's gonna stash those of "US" that "HE" rejects, in the long run, in there too!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Stop being so obtuse!

I'm not, this entire argument started because of me refuting the idea that God created sin or evil. Because He couldn't have, they are abstracts and immaterial. I likewise said God could not create "good or love", those two are also immaterial abstracts.

The magic tree in the garden wasn't good or evil. It's magically delicious fruit gave anyone who ate it the ability to know right from wrong. But on point and in context of this discussion, the tree was a material thing.., a tree. And thus, part of creation by God.

A magical fruit which was created with properties to suddenly make it's consumer aware of what the actual consequences of the abstract thoughts of "forbidden". "good" and "evil" REALLY mean!

Not exactly, the magical fruit gave the person the ability to discern right from wrong. To use their free will to choose one or the other in any given situation.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition.

it IS stated in the thread topic.

moving on...

I don't see anywhere in the threat title or the OP where the member questions whether or not God exists.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Because He couldn't have, they are abstracts and immaterial. I likewise said God could not create "good or love", those two are also immaterial abstracts.

God created a tree that, when its fruit is eaten it imparts a knowledge of something that you say God didn't create? That makes no sense.

You seem to want us to believe that God is incapable of abstract thought, but he, according to doctrine, planned ahead for Jesus' death and mankind's salvation at the creation, before the fall of Adam and Eve.

Whether you believe that God created original sin or not, he perpetuated it as part of his original plan, according to doctrine.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

God created a tree that, when its fruit is eaten it imparts a knowledge of something that you say God didn't create? That makes no sense.

Because you are not considering other details I have previously stated. Creation was the first cause, numerous things have come about because of free will that are secondary consequences of the first cause and free will beings. God didn't create them, they are viable outcomes of choices we make using our will. All God did was give His creatures the ability to either choose to love Him, or rebel. The latter, sadly, being a viable option for a free will being.

Secondly, you are not really understanding what the magic tree did. The fruit only gave man the knowledge of right and wrong, and free will gives us the opportunity to choose either. The tree itself didn't have "good" or "evil" fruit, those are abstracts.

You seem to want us to believe that God is incapable of abstract thought

I never said anything like that.

but he, according to doctrine, planned ahead for Jesus' death and mankind's salvation at the creation, before the fall of Adam and Eve.

Well yes, He already had a plan in place to redeem us before even creating Adam. He knew the secondary consequence of His choice to make a free will creature. That man would choose rebellion. But that's the most loving way He could create man, with the choice to love Him, not a robot.

Whether you believe that God created original sin or not, he perpetuated it as part of his original plan, according to doctrine.

Not in any way, in His omniscience he knew exactly what choice we would make. It's like a kid who you sit in a room with a piece of candy, you tell them not to eat the candy and you leave the room. You know full well that if you wait long enough that candy will be gone when you return. It's not that you made the kid eat it, you just knew what choice they would make.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join