It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Killing Possums

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A pair of possums was found attempting to breech security measures in a classified location last night. The guards opened fire and they fell to the ground. Only later after an unarmed medic arrived did they find out that the insurgents were only "playing possum". The pair ran off and escaped custody.







[edit on 30-12-2004 by dbates]




posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
A pair of possums was found attempting to breech security measures in a classified location last night. The guards opened fire and they fell to the ground. Only later after an unarmed medic arrived did they find out that the insurgents were only "playing possum". The pair ran off and escaped custody.







[edit on 30-12-2004 by dbates]


Thanks for the data. I'll post their mug-shots around and see if anyone spots them.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What a waste of bandwidth this turned into.
Jeez you ppl like 12 or something?
Oh, I guess Dr isn't, since there was the "back in my sniper days", uh-huh.
You folks are a clone of an AOL chat room.

Misfit



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
What a waste of bandwidth this turned into.
Jeez you ppl like 12 or something?
Oh, I guess Dr isn't, since there was the "back in my sniper days", uh-huh.
You folks are a clone of an AOL chat room.

Misfit


Do you have something constructive to add or did you just want to insult people?



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Multi pages of BS and you call me on it?

Jeez

Misfit



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
After reading about 4 pages i was on the floor laughing at some of the suggestions.
BTW can i ask , do american babies get a "12 gauge" injection or something?
Also no its not just an american thing, a few guys i know use BB and air rifles to take down rabbits and stuff.
Though we where tempted to "misfire" on the cadet target rifle course.
Hmm wonder what a 7.62 sniper rifle round will do to a sheep at 400 yards...
Although i agree killing just for killing may be fun but it is in my mind not right, killing an inocent animal just isnt right in my eyes.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Multi pages of BS and you call me on it?

Jeez

Misfit


Yes, if you have an issue with the quality of a thread you can use the complaint function to alert the staff. Dont walk into a thread throwing insults around, this has always been unacceptable and can result in a warning.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I didnt walk in.
I was already here.
My posts are within the spectrum of the thread, not as the fantasy land posts.
Curious what the disgruntle over one usless post sniping the posts before it is, as opposed to those 3-5 pages before it of utterly usless posts.
Hell at least mine brought attention to the grandeose shift to blatant off-topic drivel that this thread was not initialy intended to be.
Complaint button? That gets either argument or ignorance (as in: "ignore"). So I quit using it from the few times I did.

Later

tifsiM



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
I didnt walk in.
I was already here.
My posts are within the spectrum of the thread, not as the fantasy land posts.
Curious what the disgruntle over one usless post sniping the posts before it is, as opposed to those 3-5 pages before it of utterly usless posts.
Hell at least mine brought attention to the grandeose shift to blatant off-topic drivel that this thread was not initialy intended to be.
Complaint button? That gets either argument or ignorance (as in: "ignore"). So I quit using it from the few times I did.

Later

tifsiM

Can i ask what gives you the right to insult me? or infact any one else here?
I have done nothing to you there fore this is an unwanted or unneeded act of agression....i ask again why?
If you do not like this thread then get the thing back on subject or just stop replying on that thread.



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I do agree with the fact this topic is a bit useless...

I think raccoons caused more problems than those possums, but I have never been in area's that are very populated with possums....



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The eternal question!- How do you vanquish a possum effectively?
If you want to get a good clean shot - you know - separate the head from the torso I would suggest that you go in for a 98 Mauser-make sure it has a scope!. One shot in the head and I guarantee that any possum will be headless- if it isn't then it's not a possum and you better get that M16 out of the gun locker!

In my personal opinion I would go in for a trusty .45 Magnum with a soft point clip but the down side is you have to get it the first time.
I haven't tried this but I've heard that the Beretta Storm 9mm is one mean peice! Try that out



IAF....

[edit on 30-12-2004 by IAF101]



posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I too am a bit miffed as to what the deal is with this thread. My reasoning is that I thought this was a serious site except over at BTS chit chat....I guess we could all do this in every forum and turn the whole site into a big chit chat, joke, fool ass around type of place......I thought the mods were to keep things in line....not add to not following site protocol...I'm serious here guys...not playing around.....are we are aren't we supposed to keep trivial drivel for the chit chat area or not? When I first joined, I had one of my threads moved to chit chat for just that...yet....look at this thread. I understand that you guys are having a fun time of it but I honestly thought this forum was for serious discussion of weaponry....don't address anything to my husband, I don't think he'll he be back to this site.



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Lady V and Misfit, give the mods a break. This thread is on the light side and needs to be. Too much death and destruction in recent weeks. Iraq and the Quake produces a lot of pain. Laugh a little. There was actually some pretty good data on weaponry in this thread, it does "fit" the profile, yet makes people laugh.

Mods' thanks for your contributions and patience.

We have signed a new years Human/Possum Peace accord and Koffi Annan is sending us French peacekeepers (haha new recipes).



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
From an Australian point of view this is a weird thread.

Aussie possums are protected, cute and get fed by everyone. Mind you they run around the roof all night like a herd of elephants but they are damned cute and love being hand fed dried bananas.

And the talk of guns, his and hers, I wish........but once again, this is Australia, handguns are illegal unless you use them in a pro pistol club.



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
From an Australian point of view this is a weird thread.

Aussie possums are protected, cute and get fed by everyone. Mind you they run around the roof all night like a herd of elephants but they are damned cute and love being hand fed dried bananas.

And the talk of guns, his and hers, I wish........but once again, this is Australia, handguns are illegal unless you use them in a pro pistol club.



I have friends in "Pretty", they tell me the possums have already won there and control "Parliament" Be strong my friend, we are training an "anti-possum deltaforce of super special services" to aid victim worldwide. Many are battle hardened from fighting in Afganistain and Iraq. "Godspeed"



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ah............... so the possums have guns but we don't...............



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Lady V and Misfit, give the mods a break

I really don't mean to be too hard...it's just that I have left two boards that when I joined seemed like great boards with growth potential (though this board is already way past where they were) little by little this type of stuff crept in and before too long they were the typical BS boards...after a while it was threads like, "what's in your CD player right now" and "what's your dream car?" BS



posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ah, Possum stew ya just cant beat it, has a flavour of its own, they pinch my fruit, keep me awake all night, just put a few traps out, then Bingo-Possum Stew



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
If ya eat possum meat....

You could get Possum Spongiform Encephalopathy or better know as P.S.E.
This is compared to Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease or Mad Cow, except in the Marsupial form!!!

Sign and Symptoms of P.S.E. are but not limited to the following........

1. Intermittently looking dead!
2. Your nose will grow out of proportion with your face!

3. Human males with P.S.E. will make clicking noises.
4. All your teeth will grow pointy!

5. Ladies you won't need a purse to carry your make-up.
6. Food in the garbage will appeal to you.

7. You honestly will believe that pedestrians rule the roadways.
8. You can pick your teeth without a toothpick!
9. You will start prowling at night
10. And last, but not least....you can hang upside down and swing in the breeze!



posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You guys have it all wrong, the best possum wasting weapon is two Desert Eagles...............SPLAT!!!!




top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join