It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Possums

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i used to could hit them in my old car , but not my new, well its kinda lower to the ground.
(but the body is totally stock, its the engine thats not
)

we have possum on a half shell down hurr in bama LOL.

id just assume use my Mouser on them from a distance so i dont get gore on me

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Problem solved.
www.armalite.com...

Read the specs at the bottom of the page, kinda funny.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Jihard is over, our freedom fighters have captured the stonghold of the evil empire...............signed...........General Osma Possum.............

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Some folks say you should have the possum or raccoon
put aside in a cage for 2 weeks before eatting, to be sure
he isn't rabid or diseased. Some folks say it isn't needed.
Possum/ Raccoon Roast

1 possum, dressed
2 red pepper pods
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp sage
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 large yams, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger

Place dressed possum/Raccoon in a kettle with the pepper pod. Cover with
cold water and bring to a boil; simmer for 1 hr. Remove and place
on a rack in a dutch oven or roasting pan. Add 1 cup of water.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sage and lemon juice. Place yams around the
roast. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and ginger; sprinkle on top of yams.
Cover and cook over very low temp on top of stove or bake at 325 for 2
hrs or until the meat is crisp and brown. Transfer possum/raccoon and yams to a hot platter to serve.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Long thread and I haven't read it all but did anyone reccomend ratshot doc?
Kinda like buckshot only smaller, fits in a .22 only draw back is you gotta load each round seperatly as they wont fit in a clip or auto feeding set up.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Long thread and I haven't read it all but did anyone reccomend ratshot doc?
Kinda like buckshot only smaller, fits in a .22 only draw back is you gotta load each round seperatly as they wont fit in a clip or auto feeding set up.

Actually i am finding my 7.62 x 39 dragonov to be very effective now. We were breifly overrun by Osama Possum but have recaptured home base. now as they storm the fences we pick them off a long range. Just ordered a 50 cal sniper rifle, should be fun.........

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why kill 'em in the first place?

What's wrong with you yanks?

Why do you have to keep on killing things?

I'd have thought you'd had enough killing for the time being.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

You didn't read the recipe that I just posted,
did ya'. MMMMMMMMMMM. Looks yummmmy!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

What's wrong with you yanks?

Why do you have to keep on killing things?

I'd have thought you'd had enough killing for the time being.

Do you know what a possum is? Have you ever looked down the nose at one and had them "hiss" at you? Possums are tree dwelling "rats".

But actually fairly "tasty" the way Flyer cooks'em.........MMMMMMMMMMMM

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I agree, They just leave a trail of destruction, Me living in England dont have too contend with these, I did kill a few pigeons from my bedroom window last night, Only a 22 air rifle, Nice and clean, then the dog plays with it for a while

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SC class 1
I agree, They just leave a trail of destruction, Me living in England dont have too contend with these, I did kill a few pigeons from my bedroom window last night, Only a 22 air rifle, Nice and clean, then the dog plays with it for a while

Oh, man.........you just doomed yourself to a covert possum attack to retrieve the bodies of their airborn spies. remember possums have taken over the bodies of humans..they call themselves "Peta"......

Possums for the Eventual Takeover of America............

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
They'll never make it past the forcefield of catfood I have placed around my fortress

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
banana's..a possum will do anything for a banana....

Feed him a a banana and the next thing he's rolling his little bed out inside your house, trailed closely by mum and twenty or so kids and varied relatives and he won't move out until you give him more bananas.

Of course once you give him more banana's he isn't going anywhere anyway. He knows where his bananas are buttered.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Uh-oh - I just came back from the grocery store and found a masked group of possums hiding behind the trash canister. I think that one of the masked marauders was actually a Raccoon. Oh man this is not good at all. I pulled up, and they were caught in the headlights. The leader stood his ground, hissing at me, while the remaining troops surrounded my vehicle. Running on sheer adrenaline, I climbed out my sunroof and jumped onto my porch. As they quickly began chase, I ran inside to grab armament. When I opened the front door armed with an 8mm Mauser sniper rifle, they were no where to be found, however a note was pinned to the front door. These vermin are demanding 10 trash cans filled with food leftovers, or they will begin a holy war on all those opposed to marsupialism.

hold on, they are closing in, I gotta run. I'll report back - assuming I survive this onslaught.....

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Possums are mean little bastards, my brothers pit bull kills about one a month. Im sure their meaner back east than here in California. Last summer I had to go into my bosses attic with a 12 Ga. and a flashlight and kill a whole family of Racoons.

PS: We have a Gamo Silver-Shadow pellet rifle (1000 fps) and that sucker nails the squirrels dead.

Maximu§

[edit on 103131p://666 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have a Gamo Shadowmatic, it fires at 850FPS according to the manual, but actually all Gamo rifles fire at 850FPS.

I hate the fibre optic sight since it keeps falling out...very annoying...

I never shot an animal with it though...

Heh, my wife accidentally road-killed a Possum 2 years ago, it was looking straight in the headlights and it was like BUMP!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I have a Gamo Shadowmatic, it fires at 850FPS according to the manual, but actually all Gamo rifles fire at 850FPS.

I hate the fibre optic sight since it keeps falling out...very annoying...

I never shot an animal with it though...

Heh, my wife accidentally road-killed a Possum 2 years ago, it was looking straight in the headlights and it was like BUMP!

Glad to here there is still other "resistance" fighters around the world. Unfortunately as previously reported the raccoons are teaching the possums how to cross the road. Now they are laying in tank mines across the roads down here, the possums are drinking high amounts of jack daniels whiskey then committing suicide in mass on the road hopeing to explode. Psy ops works doesn't it

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I can relate to the possum threat... I got cornered by one in one of the warehouses where I work, Ever tried to jump over one of them to get away? I still have nightmares about it...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Have you thought seriously about calling in an airstrike?? 10 or 15 Rockeye cluster bombs ought to do the job. I don't condone the killing of animals for fun. Thats why I quit deer hunting when my dad passed away. I don't like eating venison that much. Right now where I live rabies is running rampant. It has gotten so bad that nobody is going to complain about the killing of Possums, raccoons and other vermin. If you have a revolver try to get some snakeshot loads. These are basically shotgun pellets in a plastic shell for a handgun. Warning snakeshot rounds are not for use in semi-automatics they jam real easy. Glaser safety slugs do a nice job as well. As far as supressors go just take a small plastic pop bottle and loosly stuff it full of paper towels and secure it over the barrel of your .22 rifle. This will give you 5 or 6 reasonably quiet shots.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have a solution that kills the Possums for you cooks and skins them all at the same time in a matter of seconds. Now this weapon is made for people but it can kill those damn possums more easily.

Fenton is now the director of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate. He was at the Pentagon yesterday to demonstrate the latest non-lethal idea: focusing a beam of millimeter wave energy on someone for a few seconds, just long enough to make them feel an intense burning sensation. The individual would move out of the way of the weapon and the sensation would diminish.

The energy beam would produce heat in the targeted person the same way a microwave oven heats up food, by agitating water molecules. But microwave oven rays are longer and at a much lower frequency so they penetrate the food being cooked, while the beams from this new weapon theoretically affect only the skin's surface to a depth of 1/64th of an inch. If the weapons power output is increased and held on a person’s skin for prolonged periods of time, there is the possibility it could burn the skin right off a person, And potentially cook their insides.

Possums, beware.

West Point, Out.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join