It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Possums

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Now, when I was a kid, we had these big old boots, called 'em either clodhoppers, or #stompers. I had a friend actually KICK a groundhog to death, singlefootedly. We were impressed, to say the least.

Like I said, neanderthalls are alive and well!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe the problem is that your using "Bullits". It seems to me that "Bullits" arent an effective amunition type after reading your story.

Im not a gun person, but I would suggest that you try some "Bullets" instead of "Bullits". You may find them a more effective amuntion type.

Yeah, I would try the "Bullets", im sure that will do the trick...

Yeash!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
try some "Bullets" instead of "Bullits".
Yeah, I would try the "Bullets"

I'm sure he was saying 'Bullits' instead of 'Bullets' ...
like you said 'Yeah', instead of 'yes'.
I'm u2uing ya' on this ... you'll understand in a minute.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Now, what has shocked me is that no one thus far has suggested
using a LAZER to nab the critters! Their beady little eyes shine in the
dark so well ... they make perfect targets for high intensity light
beams. The searing heat would go straight through the eye to the
brain. They'd die instantly AND you wouldn't be picking shrapnel out
of the body before dicing it up to dinner time stew. No worries about
missing any left over metal!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Hey where do you live. Sounds like you need some critter control. I'll save you the tail. Makes really good soup. Man you haven't lived til you taste some of granny's possum tail soup. So how big was he? MMMMMM

No...we do not need "critter control"! I would be all for some human control though! I'm glad my husband said something cause I was thinking what a bunch a sad sadistic "humans" and I am using that word lightly here. They have no where to go...we are building more and more on their land. I can't stand people that kill animals and find it somehow amusing...I don't understand that mindset at all! Very sad. My sister had a couple of pet ones....she got them out the mother's pouch when she had been hit by a car...they were the best pets ever, washed them once a week...very smart and lovable....everyone that came over was just amazed at how sweet and cute they were .. She lives on a farm and would let them out to roam on "her property" and they would come home when she called them, one day they didn't come home....she went walking her property to find them and they were dead...some idiot ass hole hunter had shot them...they were so tame and trusting they probably went right up to the jerk. She has "NO HUNTING" posted all over land...after that happened...when she hears a hunter on her property...she fires into the woods.......word has gotten around and the jerks stay off her land! Now I know why I stay out of this forum.....some of you should be ashamed of yourselves! NOTHING should ever be killed for fur or "fun"....like actually taking life is "fun" more like sick! If something is killed it should be eaten

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
LadyV - look I am a brand spankin' new member, so no disrespct intended. When I read this thread it sounds like alot of satire. I don't think these are the real feelings of them. At least i hope that no one wants to nuke, or flame thrower, or laser these little animals.........
There are alot of things in this world to get mad at, however I for one think this is a thread to smile at.....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenkingfan1
LadyV - look I am a brand spankin' new member, so no disrespct intended. When I read this thread it sounds like alot of satire. I don't think these are the real feelings of them. At least i hope that no one wants to nuke, or flame thrower, or laser these little animals.........
There are alot of things in this world to get mad at, however I for one think this is a thread to smile at.....

I live in the south. The mentality here, of which you are also reading, is real ..... too real.
I've lived in the deep south and the west - it's the same all over.

Curious, is this an American thing? Ive lived a few years in other countries, and just never crossed instances as this.

As you read thru forums, you cross many people that simply have an abusive nature.

Misfit

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Why do you kill such a placid creature DrHoracid. Even one with its mouth wide-open is no threat to you. Just tap it on the nose and it will shut its mouth. I've never had one chase after me. Chances are if its running near you.... it just wants to get away. These poor animals only live a few years in the wild anyway. Okay their brain is a 'little' small and I've never been able to teach one tricks. But they are a clean little creature. Always wash their little faces, after a meal. I'll bet you don't even do that!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Okay their brain is a 'little' small and I've never been able to teach one tricks.

May be small, but it can make its body appear dead.
By my own experience, is dead, and then runs away when you're not looking, heh.

I'll bet a human can't even do that! lol

Misfit

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

May be small, but it can make its body appear dead.
By my own experience, is dead, and then runs away when you're not looking, heh.

I'll bet a human can't even do that! lol

Misfit

Playing dead is unique to the possum Misfit. Its probably saved his/hers life many a times. A human could learn from a possum. Especially if a huge Grizzly bear pounces on him. When I was a child I had a pet possum. She had 13 babies, but only ten lived because the momma possum didn't have enough teats to latch onto. They were potty trained and knew where to go. Have you ever seen their little hands in the front? They almost look human. They don't make hardly any noise, except for the males clicking sound. The possums didn't seem to mind a bath either. What lacks in gray matter makes up for in feelings. Yes, I said feelings!!! My possums would actually hug me sometimes.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
@ MountainStar,

On that last point - ya know, I don't understand why it is that, if it is not a dog/cat/bird for the house - it is not worthy of any respect of life whatsoever.

Hmmpphh.

Hell, spider/bee/etc in my house? in the glass & out to the yard it goes :=]

Misfit

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ahh possums, last year I was driving a renault 18 down my gravel road at about 90km/h a few posssums were on the road just sitting there THEY didn't move I was astonished normally you can't hit them even if you try anyway I think my old renault hit 2 of them and I totaly lost control it was like hitting a boulder, they car slid about 40m went through a fence and hit a bath tub that horses drink from. Possums are extremely tough and If I would of hit one on my motor bike I probably wouldn't be here telling you about my experience with the indestructible possums

The best way to kill possums is a spear gun (pneumatic) to the head, saves bullets and mess.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r

The best way to kill possums is a spear gun (pneumatic) to the head, saves bullets and mess.

Why!? for what possible reason?
Is this a "fun" thing for you? If it is, you need professional help.....seriously...no joking at all. It is well know and I can give links to animal "joy" killing and mental issues!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

When I read this thread it sounds like alot of satire. I don't think these are the real feelings of them. however I for one think this is a thread to smile at.....

OF COURSE! Come on LadyV ... ya' just gotta' know that!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

When I read this thread it sounds like alot of satire. I don't think these are the real feelings of them. however I for one think this is a thread to smile at.....

Well, then I guess me seeing a couple rednecks blow a chicken away, as they say, "fer da hell of it" was just satire too. hmm

Misfit

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

They may be joking around FlyersFan, but for those of us who actually know the possum it's a little disturbing....to say the least.
This little critter has a hard life from day one. It it born a fetus than has to make the 'life or death' trek to the pouch. If it falls off on the way it's toast! Finally when the fetus possum is inside the pouch he/she has to find a teat to latch onto. It's best to be one of the first borns, in this case.
If it's too crowded and there's no food source....the fetus will die. I believe all animals have the right to life.....just like you or I. Anyone who finds joy in the torture or killing something, for the thrill of it.... needs help like LadyV says.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have read enough to have gotten sick...

Killing possums for fun is sick...that is not responsible gun-ownership...

I have lived in Iowa and I have seen enough possums, none of them ever were a threat, they didn't even come near me...

I bet ya shoot poor 'coons for fun too...do they taste good?

Possums seem like cute little animals which will have a temper when threatend...which I can understand...esspecially since they are being annihilated by REDNECKS...

FlyersFan, the standard infantry support weapon is the M249 SAW, the M60 is only used on vehicles these days which use a M2 type pintle mount, and you are telling me you qualified for a weapon that isn't even widely used anymore? when was this? I assume you were in the US Army and not in the Marines, I believe some Marines and Spec-ops use the M60E3...

Well, Have fun killing helpless animals, well I shouldn't complain, they are labled as pest and population control is needed...like those damn deer running infront of cars...I swear, they do that intentionally...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I suggest using little mini land mines. Just spend a few nights making a note of thier nightly rutine. Then plant a couple dozen little mini mines. Maybe even throw a spoonfull of penutbutter on each one for a little added attraction. THEN BANG!!!! Dead possum.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I bet ya shoot poor 'coons for fun too...do they taste good?

Tastes like chicken.

Nothing like a good possum stew though.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
How about some nuclear mines? that will do the trick...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join