It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing Possums

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Man you haven't lived til you taste some of granny's possum tail soup

I'm sure it's muuuuuuuuuch better than roo-tail soup like they have
down under. AMERICAN mutant rat-tail soup made from a critter
blasted by an AMERICAN weapon of high caliber ALWAYS tastes
better!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It is legal to buy all the parts as long as you promise not to make an assembly into a complete unit. You'll need an extended barrel with threads. "Just in case". What specifc model is you glock...19?

Very good question. I have no idea. I just load it and shoot it.
I just LOOOOOOOOOVE the smell of the gun powder on my hands!
It's so .... so ... POWERFUL! It's so .... primal! Ah ... now you've
done it! I'm going to HAVE to go shooting at the range! Hey,
perhaps I'll go Christmas morning with my family. Nothing better
than going to church, saying my prayers for the enemy, and then
going to the range to practice blasting 'em to their judgement!

Seriously - My husband knows.
I'll ask him tonight when he gets home.

What the heck ... a silencer for his Glock 45 short would be good
too. Ya' never know when a situation would arise that you'd
need it!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The best fun is to use a "sound supression device" so they don't scatter when you pop a cap at one. They just all "hang" around and get blasted. That 10mm really sounds smooth except for the slide "click". Neighbors don't even hear a thing. But that is all speculation, such a device would be of course illegal. I am only speculating.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
and they claim neanderthals died out.

Don't knock primmal until you've tried it!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

such a device would be of course illegal.

The best things for these kind of jobs often are ....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Now youv'e done it. The smell of fresh gunpower and coffee. Gotta go kill something now. Gettin hungry. Granny wants to try a new recipe for coon-balls..............and spagetti.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hey, now here's an idea - how about a good old fashioned flame thrower?

Not only does it eliminate the need to remove any lead, but it also saves time getting it on the dinner table - no need to cook it up later. Almost as good as a drive up window!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
I had to flame (and curse, screw it, you ppl make me sick)

Oh man. I'm laughing now. This is great.

Hey Dr ... how long do you expect to have this possum problem?
I don't know how much longer I can discuss this without busting up!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
how about a good old fashioned flame thrower

Now here's a well thought out post! An excellent idea!
Cooks the critter in place so us wives don't have to do
the cooking or much cleaning up! I LOVE THIS IDEA!
Best give it a try. You might burn down an acre or two
of trees along with the critter - but hey ... what's a few
trees mean in the long run anyways??

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I had to flame (and curse, screw it, you ppl make me sick)

Oh man. I'm laughing now. This is great.

Hey Dr ... how long do you expect to have this possum problem?
I don't know how much longer I can discuss this without busting up!

My property backs up to a big old growth park of some kind. Can't go in after the critters so gotta wait till the come on to my property before I can blast them. Flame thrower sounds good though. Might cut down some of these darn old trees next door.

[edit on 17-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wow, im impressed at such display of skill and courage against a formidable Enemy! at close range too! I hope you know what your doing though, gee, you could've had your throat torn out or been dismembered by the savage predator! Surely a long range missile would have been safer?

Yeah I agree, wow! I've heard the stories of those viscous creatures taking out entire villages!

I personally would want nothing less than a chain gun to take on such a beast!

Fools! Not too long ago a single gopher was able to nearly destroy an entire golf/country club! It was able to defend itself against all sorts of armaments, including plastic explosives!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hey, now here's an idea - how about a good old fashioned flame thrower?

Not only does it eliminate the need to remove any lead, but it also saves time getting it on the dinner table - no need to cook it up later. Almost as good as a drive up window!

Would make a great chrismakwanzikka gift set if packaged along with the squirrel de-nutter and tangy bbq sauce land mines!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
An excellent idea!
Cooks the critter in place so us wives don't have to do
the cooking or much cleaning up!

Gives you goodly lasses more time to properly service yer hubbies right?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Fools! Not too long ago a single gopher was able to nearly destroy an entire golf/country club! It was able to defend itself against all sorts of armaments, including plastic explosives!

Yes, I saw that documentary! Chilling. One can never underestimate these creatures. Maybe we can find a way to get them over to Iraq. Hey forget the Marines, send in the possums - Semper Poss!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Last night I had yet another possum come onto my back porch. I got out my 10mm Glock with Black Tallon bullits to blow the "critter" into the arms of the 72 virgins. It took (6) shots two to the head to finish the darn thing off. The velocity was too fast for the "tallons" to expand. The bullit just kept blowing through. Please anyone have a better load or weapon for my future wars?

You might want to consider using a trap on that porch. Perhaps it was not another but the same one from a prior visit.

Also check your local ordinances on shooting within city/county/town limits. I know we are not allowed to shoot around here.

Also we are not allowed to trap animals, that can only be done by licenced individuals. Just a few thoughts that might save you a stiff fine or perhaps jail time.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You bunch of sadistic mother fudkers.
Kill it for the meat, ya, uh-huh - after the way you shot it (how many f'n times?) there's no damn meat left.
Kill it for the meat, ya, uh-huh - you de-evolved gore-mongering humans - you kill it because you like to kill and you know it.

Ya, I realize this forum is weaponry, but eh, the likes of ...."to blow the "critter" into the arms of the 72 virgins."...... is not weaponry, that's sadism.

@ elaine & instar

THANK YOU !!!!

I was wondering if all the replies were going to be bloody.

For the last 3 years we have a small family that lives in the garage during winter. I take them food every day and make sure they have water, and always old blankets or clothes to burrow into.

Couple weeks ago our dogs grounded one, and possum did what possum do, heh. I thought he was dead, never realized you don't even feel a heartbeat when they drop. I went back out to bury him (I bury all the aminals gone) he was gone, cool!
Was def mom or dad, critter was HUGE! lol

Right then, I had to flame (and curse, screw it, you ppl make me sick), and thank.

Misfit

What gets me is that these are the same people that are like "I can't belive that your shooting Bambi, I personally go hunting and kill Bambi's father just about every winter, you see, there is a difference between shooting and animal to shoot it and shooting an animal to use it for food. Shooting an animal to shoot it is just plain wrong, and a sad event that happens. I wouldn't be the first time that I've been walking through the woods to find a deer that was shot and left. Possum can be used for food, unfortunatly the thing would not die, therefore creating the cause to shoot it again. So all of you people that think that killing animals is wrong can go somewhere. -muzz

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Like Confucius say - If god did not want us to eat animals, he would not have made them out of meat.

Hey Doc, I'd love to try your grannies possum recipe, I'll bring the beer.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Aw come on, anybody raising livestock knows a groundhog is bad news for the animal. They make these dang holes, the horse, or cattle, step in 'em, break a leg, and PRESTO, you gotta kill the animal, sooooo, kill the groundhog first, fill the hole, and you avoid the problem.

Now, when I was a kid, we had these big old boots, called 'em either clodhoppers, or #stompers. I had a friend actually KICK a groundhog to death, singlefootedly. We were impressed, to say the least.

I imagine if a guy had the guts, he could kick a dang possum to death too.

Come to think of it, we used go bat fishin, yep, bats would go after a hook and sinker, they navigate by that ecolocation thingy.....

And also, we used to shoot bees, HAHA, yep, BUMBLEBEES, for real, you can shoot and kill 'em with a .22 birdshot, try it, it's a blast

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Wow, im impressed at such display of skill and courage against a formidable Enemy! at close range too! I hope you know what your doing though, gee, you could've had your throat torn out or been dismembered by the savage predator! Surely a long range missile would have been safer?

Yeah I agree, wow! I've heard the stories of those viscous creatures taking out entire villages!

I personally would want nothing less than a chain gun to take on such a beast!

LMAO caddyshack!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

LMAO caddyshack!

Yes a chilling documentary indeed! One must only watch it once to realize the incredible guerrilla tactics these supercreatures teach one another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join