It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

It's quite simply "all about hypocrisy" and $$$. It goes beyond my comprehension to allow smoking ( as law dictates) at all when at the same time, castigating and penalizing all who indulge in it, and rendering it criminal and almost impossible to enjoy a smoke! NO I DO NOT SMOKE.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Your breath stinks.
Bad.
And you stink too, BTW.
All of you - your clothes, your hair - stinks.
Smoking is low class.
Sorry, but it's true.

You realize you display some of the following four defining features of personality disorders.
1) Distorted thinking patterns,
2) Problematic emotional responses,
3) Over- or under-regulated impulse control, and
4) Interpersonal difficulties

Why bother saying its true and with an apology? You dont really mean that apology otherwise you would have tempered your outburst. I didnt know classes existed in a democratic society - ow - wait...Its not enough that we smoke outside now...we are condemned to be "outcast" as in the traditional Hindu system - lowlife.

Its not enough we pay more taxes than you through our consumption of tobacco - you dare insult us as well.
As I said above you qualify for some mind altering psychotropics and some serious cognitive therapy - for your own good of course. I mean you have such a problem with clothes smelling

Do you exhibit the same tantrum against the owner in a clothing store when that new shirt with those heavy chemical smells hits you. Thought not. Show some conviction and act in public like that - whats the harm a few days in an institution maybe do it an at airport spend sometime on a no fly-list, thought not. Show some conviction

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

I used to be a smoker and I feel better for it. If your life is so stressful that you need to cling to cigarettes to get your head straight, you are a weak person, hands down

You display the same symptoms we're told about at AA when I gave up alcohol . You're dry drunking. You really feel like a cigarette so you go on to berate others as weak. I get it

It's annoying having friends who smoke since we have to stop every so often while working for a smoke break, or the entitlement of a smoke breaks smokers think they deserve while at work

Sounds to me that the sight of them smoking urges you to light up. We get it.

So what about when you're 20 and a 50 year old gets the urge to urinate 5-6 times as much as you. What I here you say...silence? Such an inconvenience that a 50 year old has 5 times more toilet breaks than you.

It's annoying having friends who smoke

Are you sure they would consider you a friend..do you even know what friendship means?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

I used to be a smoker and I feel better for it. If your life is so stressful that you need to cling to cigarettes to get your head straight, you are a weak person, hands down

You display the same symptoms we're told about at AA when I gave up alcohol . You're dry drunking. You really feel like a cigarette so you go on to berate others as weak. I get it

It's annoying having friends who smoke since we have to stop every so often while working for a smoke break, or the entitlement of a smoke breaks smokers think they deserve while at work

Sounds to me that the sight of them smoking urges you to light up. We get it.

So what about when you're 20 and a 50 year old gets the urge to urinate 5-6 times as much as you. What I here you say...silence? Such an inconvenience that a 50 year old has 5 times more toilet breaks than you.

It's annoying having friends who smoke

Are you sure they would consider you a friend..do you even know what friendship means?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DuecesxGeneral

as a smoker i agree and may The God forbid im still smoking when i have kids? Whats the point in having them when your literally killing them slowly. is it so bad to smoke outside. Second just because you "own" your house doesnt give you the right to kill your kids.

If you bothered to read any of TiredofControlFreaks posts you would see that they advocate outside smoking when kids are around.

To even bring up poisoning your kids is clearly an ad hominen attack. Start reading thread at page 1 again

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

It looks like sugar (the obesity campaign) is beating out the anti-alcohol in the race to be the "next tobacco" but there are billions of dollars at stake either way.

Only to be replaced by Corn Syrup additives - the real secret behind rising obesity levels,

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Out of interest we tried fabric softener for a few weeks - i broke out in a skin rash.

Then I read this

www.livestrong.com...

Two of the chemicals in fabric softener responsible for this reaction, states the Environmental Health Association of Nova Scotia, are quanternium and imidazolidinyl, described as formaldehyde releasers. A more severe allergy to fabric softener can cause hives -- small, swollen welts -- to form on the skin.

According to the Dayton Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgeons, Inc., fumes from fabric softener can irritate some people, leading to tiredness, difficulty breathing, anxiety, dizziness, headaches, faintness and memory troubles.

No thanks

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Smokers stink, their breath stinks, their cars stink, their homes stink and they habitually litter everywhere they go

I use bins and ashtrays, do you only fart in toilets?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't get why alcohol isn't treated like cigarettes and vice versa. It seems really backwards to me.

In Australia they are talking about being declared an addict and getting a script filed out for cigarettes and yet they wont introduce ignition controlling devices that stop alcohol affected drivers from starting their cars

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Just what was it that suddenly made so many people allergic to peanuts that companies had to stop using them to make things like peanut doughnuts and schools to ban them???

GMO peanuts and or immuno suppressed systems brought on by forced vaccinations

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

NO. He is not wrong. Every beach is littered with thousands of butts, mixed in with the sand. It's disgusting. As are pavements everywhere .

And theyre also polluted by micro particles of petrol exhaust and diesel. I dont hear you complaning about that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Your comparison does t work because people NEED cars

Theres cities around the world that encourage cycling..but whats the point of cycling under exertion behind a cough couch car. Your NEED about cars in in your mind.
edit on 2-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Says the Man with with the Molon Lave Avatar, oh the irony - what hills Thermopylae? Oh thats right Leonidas in name only.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I read somewhere that some think it was those "healthy" soy products that have become somewhat popular.

This is interesting:

"'Plants such as soy are making oral contraceptives to defend themselves', says Claude Hughes, Ph.D., a neuroendocrinologist at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. 'They evolved compounds that mimic natural estrogen. These phytoestrogens can interfere with the mammalian hormones involved in reproduction and growth -- a strategy to reduce the number and size of predators.'"

healthwyze.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

The civil war wasn't about slavery or states rights, ..ban public smoking

whatreallyhappened.com...

The public school system is as subservient to the bankers' wishes to keep certain history from you, just as the corporate media is subservient to Monsanto's wishes to keep the dangers of GMOs from you, and the global warming cult's wishes to conceal from you that the Earth has actually been cooling for the last 16 years. Thus is should come as little surprise that much of the real reasons for the events of the Civil War are not well known to the average American.

"The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests." -- The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863

You obviously didnt see history repeat itself in 2008 with the "too big too fail" bailouts did you?

link   

The public school system is as subservient to the bankers' wishes to keep certain history from you, just as the corporate media is subservient to Monsanto's wishes to keep the dangers of GMOs from you, and the global warming cult's wishes to conceal from you that the Earth has actually been cooling for the last 16 years. Thus is should come as little surprise that much of the real reasons for the events of the Civil War are not well known to the average American.

"The few who understand the system will either be so interested in its profits or be so dependent upon its favours that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests." -- The Rothschild brothers of London writing to associates in New York, 1863

You obviously didnt see history repeat itself in 2008 with the "too big too fail" bailouts did you?

link   

link   
D/P
edit on 2-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: glitch

link   

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EnemyAirship

Great post

And smokers...be respectful and find a corner where you're not inclined to have your habit bump into people

But you did find a corner and still got the glare from the SUV woman. Her brainwashing has rubbed off her onto to you. You didnt even attempt a snarky response back to her about her car fumes having travailed the pedestrian path for so long . You took it in your stride like some cowering beaten human. Oh dear me it sounds like youre apologizing for her behaviour. What more can I say?

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join