It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
and an overdose is more likely to occur with an e-cig mishap.
don't think I've ever heard of anyone overdosing on nicotine from actually smoking tobacco.

so one could say that many smokers are reducing the risk to the general public by increasing their own risk substantially by switching to the e-cigs couldn't they.

I've known two people in my life that were actually allergic to cigarettes. One being my nephew. Who is also allergic to many other things. Matter of fact his doctor told my sister that he was allergic to the dirt and to keep him from playing out in the dirt!

Me, I'm allergic to cleaning products that contain pine oil. I've gone into the hospital feeling bad and left feeling worse because what did they use to clean everything?? Why of course PineSol! My occupation before I got hurt and found it just too painful to do anymore was screen printing. I did alot of research into the chemicals that were involved in the business. I was exposed to alot of VOCs (www.health.ny.gov...). Many of those same chemicals are for some reason added to cigarettes also..

One of the shops I worked at was next door to a child care center. I was stunned one day when I went behind the building and found a boatload of empty barrels that once held our solvents in them.. One guy had to quit mainly because the chemicals left his hands broke out beyond belief and he couldn't find any other way to clear them up. A women developed respiratory symptoms and was told by her doctor it was from cigarette smoke.

We would leave the bay doors open while we worked even on the coldest of days and well the birds would fly into the place. Those that didn't find their way out by the end of the day well, we found them laying around dead the next day!! Somehow though this company always got an all clear from osha!!
Nope all those chemicals aren't any problem when it involves profits for companies!! Heck no!!
Heck they can even add them into the cigarettes along with a ton of other products on the market! It's cheaper than having to dispose of them properly!

But well it didn't go over too well with my boss when he decided to ban smoking from the shop! I told him that it was like he was telling me that it's perfectly okay to kill myself breathing that crap in all day but well God forbid I should kill myself by smoking a cigarette!

If the smoke coming my cigarette is slowly killing you then I've got to tell ya the industries are committing mass genocide on the workers that are producing the products you buy and well those who buy them!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thenewguy1987

Automobiles are necessary in most cases for the world to function

When was the last time you attacked the evil Big Oil/Car manufacturing cartels?

Saying they are a necessity for the world to function is as ignorant as the Doctors in the 50s who said it was alright to smoke.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why don't you think of that before you use those bulbs or put on that stinky stuff?

While we're at it - why should I not kick someone out of a lift wearing corduroy full of cat hairs.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

BTW - the burning of organic material produces the same 7000 toxic chemcials in smoke

But but... we need stoves like the person above said we need cars - never mind the 7000 chemicals. Howabout the volatile toxic chemicals given off when my neighbours upgrade to some new laminex or new carpet.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thenewguy1987

His motives were not to better peoples health but to crush a population.

Oh he didnt try to free his people from usurious world war 1 reparations imposed by the British? I must have read the wrong history books. Stop it before you make yourself look even more foolish by saying Hitler won the hearts of his people by calling for the extermination of jews.
edit on 2-2-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

the planet took precedence.

Haha never mind that they cost 5 times as much, dont last anything like the 3000 hours guaranteed

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

main cause of Disease was the consumption of triglycerides from animal products

When the smoking population reduces to some ludicrously low % - they'll say that even 1ppm of tobacco smoke is the leading caquse of cancer. Cant let the food industry be blamed!!

Riddle me this - why are cancers rising and yet smoking is in decline? They'll just use the old throaway spin "we have better detection methods now"

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yeah I get it - first they came for the Gypsys and no one raised an eyebrow etc..Very apt

Conditioning for an agenda- take the Carbon credit scam - Industry gets initial credits that they can trade on markets - the markets controlled by JPmorgan - the same scoundrels who get bailed out by the taxpayers as they're too big to allow to fail.

I think its about time I revisited the City - i love it when I light up and people 2-3 meters away from me give me foul looks - whilst standing at a busy intersection breathing in diesel and so called safe unleaded petrol - oh the irony.

Some councils have introduced smoking bans in public parks - totally unenforceable - they'll need informers (busybodies/gestapos) to have any success in enforcement. A friend of mine works in council. They said to me good luck enforcing it. Most of the outdoor council staff smoke - hehe

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Second-hand smoke is a health danger. I propose that tobacco products only be sold in liquid form with syringes. That way, you can shoot-up all you want so long as you dispose of the needles properly

What so we hang out at needle exchange centers? Youre insane and the facts behind the 2nd hand smoke prove otherwise

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The difference is that marijuana has health benefits, smoking tobacco has none.

Are you eqaully vitriolic to the switch between sugar to corn syrup and its links to rising obesity and extra health costs? Do you find the food "science" industry too big to attack compared to tobacco smokers?

So MJ smoke doesnt contribute to lung disease health benefits notwithstanding?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

They knew it was lies but it was a fine moral cause - marijuana free society.

Instigated by those stalwarts of industry Du Pont - they had just created rayon - hemp was a competitor

on Du Pont
corporatewatch.org...

However critics of the company see them in a somewhat different light:

"The business of Du Pont has been dangerous from the start"

Philip Mattera, World Class Business, 1992[2]

“The company has consistently treated the long-term interests of humanity as largely irrelevant" Curtis Moore, Former Counsel to the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works,[3]

There is hardly a single chemical toxin in which DuPont has not played a major role in developing. “The company pioneered the production of sulphur dioxide, leaded petrol, CFC's and recently deep well injection of hazardous waste. The company then used dubious science, political manipulation and cover up to avoid restrictions on their use.” [4] During its 200 years of existence, DuPont has committed a staggering amount of corporate crimes (far too many to mention here). The following section contains just a selection of these.

Arms manufacturing
Control of the food chain
Working conditions
Moving production to the developing world
Endangering the public’s health
Pollution

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Along with the transfat thing that had us all eating poison for some 3 decades before they finally admitted their error

LOL I still see 80/90% of shoppers head for the margarine instead of butter

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I can get rid of my house cleaning products or not.

My choice.

Oh as I said to another poster - chemical industry too big for you to take on? Or do you mind-brain-selectively poison your own body

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

to get up and leave the building on multiple occasions during a meal you have someone who is highly prone to irritability in between fixes.
It's people who insist on indulging in a bad habit in public no matter how much it disturbs others who are self-entitled. You don't realize that because you are a smoker.

Sorry me having to get up for a smoke in a restaurant offends you. Do different coloured shirts or people blowing their nose or little ankle-biters in a restaurant offend you. They sure do me. I blow my nose in a toilet not in public. When the chef calls out to the waiter that a meal is ready offends my fragile sensibilities as to the treatment of the waiting staff -

What say do I have when someone farts in a lift as per your "bad habit" do I act like a psychopath and have a tissy fit like you jusrt displayed. Now I have to hold my breath knowing that their fecal matter still penetrates my skin and clothing

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Does the public OWN the bar? or the restaurants? When did that happen? Did we take over the mortgages? Do we pay the staff wages? Do we pay the rent or the business taxes.

When did hospitality venues become "publically owned"

And there in lies the real crux of the problem that even staunch anti-smokers dare not tread or think about. You only own you own land to I think 3 meters below surface (cant remember) Miners can still come in and claim mineral rights. You think you own it but Eminent domain/forced resumption says otherwise, meanwhile paying Govts various fees to regulate your so called quite enjoyment of your illusory block.

Buy registrating any property you effectively have lost control of that.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Great! So, let's blitz every country in the Western world with gazillions of 3rd world people still struggling to climb out of the stone age, and who view human rights as a quaint cultural oddity.

Got a problem with that, Nazi?

Multi-culturism at its finest! But never allowed to be neighbours of Politicans or Bankesr

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Straw Man. No one is talking about just the sight of someone lighting up across the street.

So you deflected - breathing car exhausts dont give you angst? Or you cant pick on a "moving" target

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

no we drive cars and just can't imagine life without them!!!

it's much easier to just blame our problems on smokers and over eaters and big macs!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Surefire

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, some magical undocumented study comes up saying that smokers, even years after they quit, are somehow hurting everyone's health

How else are they gonna explain the rise in cancer rates from - lead free petrol (DU Pont again) or asthma triggers due to enforced vaccinations compromising the immune system

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

meanwhile - back in the UK

The smoking bans have now become an issue in the general election and repeal of the smoking ban is being publically discussed.

www.silversurfers.com...

For those who would point out that the poll is 64 % against repeal - please - its already well known that the anti-smokers call out their volunteers to participate in the poll. I have participated in this type of poll-fixing myself.

The only thing that will tell the true story is the results of the general election itself. If UKIP rises in power and becomes the third power in English politics, there will be only few issues that brought it there. 1. Getting the UK out of the European alliance. 2. Immigation and 3 Smoking bans.

If UKIP succeeds in the general election, other parties will be taking notes that the smoking ban is not so popular as they have been led to believe. Other "heros" will arise!

Tired of control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join