It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Bans - Where will it end?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

This is how they ignore the please from family and friends, the stern warnings from doctors,

The same caring doctors who inject vaccination death to unwiling babies. The same doctors who have no unified voice lobbying for banning alcohol...yea right I get it..the same caring doctors that pump chemotherapy toxic chemicals where no study has ever proven the efficacy of chemotherapy in the prolonging of life in cancer patient.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

"Vaccination Death"...lol... Millions of lives saved, but don't let the science or facts get in your way. Clearly you have issues with the medical sciences. The question is who put those thoughts in your head, and what were they trying to accomplish?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It makes anti-vaxers look rational

We are rational, but you refuse to look at basic assumptions about vaccinations or even why a need for a federally funded adverse reaction compensation fund (note Pharma gets let off the hook). Do the research it may wake you up. But then again why do you deflect with attacks. What was the purpose of that post if any?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

It's over folks. All that's left is the mop-up operation. Enjoy every public or private drag off your tobacco of choice, revel in it's growing scarcity. Savour it, remember where you were at the time...

Ah yes at it again...Molon lave...such a spirit of freedom' all for intrusion of Govt into people smoking habits at home. Such a shining light. Was there a purpose to your oratory rhetoric?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I sure hope you don't approve of the war on drugs

What this? oh goody Orwell wins

War as metaphor
en.wikipedia.org...

The use of war as metaphor is a longstanding literary and rhetorical trope. In political usage, war metaphors are used to manage a perceived societal problem, with the concept taking the place of an individual or state enemy in true war. James Childress describes the use of war as a metaphor as a dilemma: "In debating social policy through the language of war, we often forget the moral reality of war."
United States
Early examples of war as metaphor in US political discourse include J. Edgar Hoover's "war on crime" in the 1930s. Various conflicts and demographic trends in US history have been described as a culture war. In Metaphors We Live By, George Lakoff and Mark Johnson describe Jimmy Carter's application of "war" as metaphor for the energy crisis of 1974. Other high-profile examples include the War on Poverty, War on Cancer, War on Drugs, War on Gangs, War on Women, and the War on Christmas.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I've stopped reading this travesty of a thread, so forgive me, but I cannot figure out if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bandersn4tch

First off if you don't smoke, cool good for you. Don't go out of your way to belittle someone for doing it cause you walked by them on the side walk. It won't kill you. you'll live, I promise. Calling someone out on it will just make you look like a self important asshat, and possibly just cause a confrontation.

It's all good till you get killed by some self important asshat

www.maafirm.com...

Study Shows Smoking Is A Leading Cause Of Fire Disaster And Death Worldwide, Costing Over $27 Billion Yearly

Turns out smoking can kill you even if you don't smoke or breathe secondhand smoke. Holy short-pants, Batman!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

Then I guess we better ban candles, incense, cooking and fireplaces.

Those things have already caused thousands of death through fires.

Lets face it - some drunk comes home and he hungry and decides he can cook. or some drunk comes home and decides he can smoke in bed.

Cigarettes aren't the problem in these types of fires. Its alcohol. You can start a fire with any source of ignition, and it it happens to be a cigarette, that doesn't absolve alcohol from being the source of the problem.

BTW - haven't you heard? They put fire retardant chemicals in the paper around the tobacco to prevent fires about 10 years ago.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The "Unhamanly" consumption of Soy (animal fodder) upests the endocrine system by introducing phyto-estrogens, no wonder Birth rates are declining in Health conscious western societies that push Soy. Its in most canned foods as is Corn Syrup

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oops didnt read the rest of your post...what a great population reduction policy. Eugenics at its finest

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Millions of lives saved, but don't let the science or facts get in your way

Theres a vaccination thread going on at the moment on ats.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

WellI dont know what your intentions were in bringing up the "war on drugs" I do agree with most of your arguments on this thread so far even if I an smoker.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Then lets ban the Car, lets ban fire starters, better yet lets ban mobile phones in cars...where are the stats for that?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
If the smoke coming my cigarette is slowly killing you then I've got to tell ya the industries are committing mass genocide on the workers that are producing the products you buy and well those who buy them!

No, to someone like me (but with a worse reaction), smoke may kill him/her in minutes.
edit on 2/2/2015 by ArMaP because: added the (but with a worse reaction)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
I think its about time I revisited the City - i love it when I light up and people 2-3 meters away from me give me foul looks - whilst standing at a busy intersection breathing in diesel and so called safe unleaded petrol - oh the irony.

That reminded me of one thing: unleaded gasoline affects me more than the old one.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

BTW - haven't you heard? They put fire retardant chemicals in the paper around the tobacco to prevent fires about 10 years ago.

Tired of Control Freaks

Bonus, directly inhaling more industrial chemicals. Maybe I should go have a pack, for my health.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Then lets ban the Car, lets ban fire starters, better yet lets ban mobile phones in cars...where are the stats for that?

Mobile phone use in cars is banned where I live. Then again, 50% + of the drivers on the road here should not be qualified to even hold a driver license.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

to get up and leave the building on multiple occasions during a meal you have someone who is highly prone to irritability in between fixes.
It's people who insist on indulging in a bad habit in public no matter how much it disturbs others who are self-entitled. You don't realize that because you are a smoker.

Sorry me having to get up for a smoke in a restaurant offends you.

Why don't you go back and read my post in context? I didn't say getting up to leave for a smoke offended me, I was answering a previous post with an explanation of what I have observed about the irritability of many smokers and their low tolerance for annoyances in their own personal space.

The level of distortion and misrepresentation of other's comments on this thread is high even by online standards.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Well, from the only knowledge that second-smoke may cause an increase of CO in the blood (which is NOT harmful) and the increases of cotinan (which is a harmless by-product of nicotene),
Tired of Control Freaks

So, you think you should be allowed to indulge in public in a habit which by your own admission above CHANGES THE CHEMISTRY OF THE BLOOD of those around you?

Would you put up with that? After all your whining about Big Pharma?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

do you eat tomatoes, eggplant or potatoes - of course you do - so you are changing your blood chemistry by ingesting nicotene and increasing the metabolite cotinine.

Do you ever light a candle, turn on a gas stove, sit by a fireplace, stand beside a busy road - of course you do - so your changing your own blood chemistry by increasing the Carbon monoxide in your blood.

Drama queen much?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join