It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Someone else brought up rome but did the spartans marry same sex? no To my knowledge they were married to women.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Someone else brought up rome but did the spartans marry same sex? no To my knowledge they were married to women.

They weren't married in a civic sense but more of a military sense. One of the Spartan armies, "The Sacred Band of Thebes" were exclusively made from same-sex couples but even the "straightest" of the Spartan units were encouraged to have sexual relations with one another in order to form a closer camaraderie.

It wasn't secret nor was it something frowned upon. I mean, look at those capes. You really never knew?
edit on 25-1-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That can be viewed two different ways.

One could say that the dose of morality givin to rome by christianity was the cause for the fall.

Any type of morality that brings about the destruction of an advanced civilization and ushers in a dark age can't be a morality worth keeping.

One has to be effing blind to deny that traditional marriage and christian morality formed the greatest country on earth and the most reveloutionary time in earths history.

Actually secularism formed the greatest country on earth and don't you forget it. The last thing the founders wanted was a theocracy and xtains still seem pissed about it till this day.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Did i know they were bi? yes but i also know that many were married to women and marring a man in the same fashion as a woman was not accepted. Actually i remember much from that time. There was a point that even the bi thing was frowned upon but took place often in secret until it was accepted by the leader.

I have damn good spiritual reasoning as too why such should remain taboo. Even though it seems like bending over is just fine for some however at a later point after death they will deeply regret it. and not because God will judge them this way or that way but because of unknown forces that man can not percieve. Just ask your spirit guide if i am lying.

It is spiritually healthy for a man or a woman to have a release and no longer than 2 or 3 days apart from the last. It is spiritually unhealthy to bow to others. The reason is simply because we are all wearing a flesh suit and we have no real way to know who others really are beyond our feelings. Some acts leave spiritual imprints upon the soul and therefore condoning being gay is helping some gay couples feelings but at the same time others can be hurt more severly in the long term by not knowing the implications of their actions. we see and we do
edit on 25-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Am I not allowed to openly criticize the Roman Catholic Church? In case I offend someone? Don't try and silence me with political correctness. If I broke a rule in the ATS T&C please feel free to point it out.

If you wish to disagree with me that the Roman Catholic church is 'Messed up' then please feel free to do so and we can have a debate. But you didn't disagree did you? You just told me to 'be careful'

Awesome.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: Sremmos80

Christian Marriage is Christian Marriage. The state turned it into a commodity and wants to go AGAINST Christian rules in order to enforce public opinion into the Christian domain. If Marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman, a Christian man and a woman at that, then the church should have every right to keep it that way.

The same goes for a pastor that wants to marry a gay couple. The law shouldn't stop it happening OR not happening. It should be down to the individual circumstances, who is ordaining the marriage and who is getting married.

This is fake liberalism. 'Everyone should be free to do everything, unless you are refusing to do something for someone, in which case you will be forced to do so, even if it goes against your personal beliefs' Again, this is fake liberalism.

I fail to see how people get so wrapped up in the hysteria surrounding Gay marriage. Do gays NEED to get married and have the title of marriage in order to live together the same as a married couple do?

Why can't you have a different name for Gay marriage that doesn't blaspheme God? You do realize that marrying a gay couple in a Christian church is blasphemy right?

Marriage is property law and always has been. Yes, gays need the protection of property law when they join households. Why can't Christians have a different name for marriage? After all, they didn't invent it. Not everyone recognizes the existence of your invisible magic hobbit. Marriage is a legal contract. Perhaps if churches got out of the business of providing legal contracts this problem wouldn't exist. They could, instead, offer a religious ceremony with no legal standing.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I can not forget something that never was.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

They weren't married in a civic sense but more of a military sense. One of the Spartan armies, "The Sacred Band of Thebes" were exclusively made from same-sex couples but even the "straightest" of the Spartan units were encouraged to have sexual relations with one another in order to form a closer camaraderie.

It wasn't secret nor was it something frowned upon. I mean, look at those capes. You really never knew?

Are you saying their marriages were not legally binding? Yes or no.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You seem to be heading in the right direction but it would be wiser to just leave marriage as it is and create a civil union that also bonds property in the same manner as marriage. All the benefits of marriage but regardless of the factor of sex. This would be wiser because more than just gays couldd benefit from such. Even two people not joined in sexual relationship but decide to get by together would not have to claim to be gay to get health care and tax breaks.

Then lgbt civil unions could even go out and find a church that would recognize there union as a marriage if they wanted to think God is cool with them.
edit on 25-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I said perhaps as in i am not sure but it is possible.

God please protect me from satan's minions and ground troops for they have touchy feelings now days.

Are you accusing me of being one of Satan's minions? Insulting another Christian because I don't have the narrow Biblical
view?

You just confirmed what I stated in my previous post.

Anyone who promotes one of Satan's greatest sins of temptation, is a minion of Satan, whether they believe to be or not. Homosexuality is a way of Blaspheming God. Satan loves to do that. Gangster rappers are minions of Satan. Celebrity idols are minions of Satan. In fact, most people in this fallen age are minions of Satan.

This is precisely why everything will be rectified in the (probably not too distant) future. It's unfortunate that there is so much confusion and sickness in the world at the moment but all things must come to pass..

This world is a test. I am failing it because I sin everyday. I am not yet fully saved or 'Freed' from sin so please don't think that I'm passing judgement. I am merely relaying to you information that is the inspired word of God. Maybe you should check out the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and see what God thinks of the world today.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

God please protect me from satan's minions and ground troops for they have touchy feelings now days.

Are you accusing me of being one of Satan's minions? Insulting another Christian because I don't have the narrow Biblical
view?

Anyone who promotes one of Satan's greatest sins of temptation, is a minion of Satan, whether they believe to be or not. Homosexuality is a way of Blaspheming God. Satan loves to do that. Gangster rappers are minions of Satan. Celebrity idols are minions of Satan. In fact, most people in this fallen age are minions of Satan.

This is precisely why everything will be rectified in the (probably not too distant) future. It's unfortunate that there is so much confusion and sickness in the world at the moment but all things must come to pass..

This world is a test. I am failing it because I sin everyday. I am not yet fully saved or 'Freed' from sin so please don't think that I'm passing judgement. I am merely relaying to you information that is the inspired word of God. Maybe you should check out the story of Sodom and Gomorrah and see what God thinks of the world today.

How about proving that Satan exists outside of your storybook? Cite the testable evidence. While you're at it, prove that God exists, too.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

view?

How about spiritually arrogant hypocrites looking down their nose at other Christians; And feeling entitled to pass judgement on those they feel inferior to themselves.

Check this out....

Matthew 7:13 KJV
edit on 25-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

You seem to be heading in the right direction but it would be wiser to just leave marriage as it is and create a civil union that also bonds property in the same manner as marriage. All the benefits of marriage but regardless of the factor of sex. This would be wiser because more than just gays couldd benefit from such. Even two people not joined in sexual relationship but decide to get by together would not have to claim to be gay to get health care and tax breaks.

Then lgbt civil unions could even go out and find a church that would recognize there union as a marriage if they wanted to think God is cool with them.

I agree with this comment wholeheartedly. There doesn't need to be all this contention, the matter could be resolved overnight with something like this.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Funny because that is similar to how I feel about deities and demons.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Cuervo

Are you saying their marriages were not legally binding? Yes or no.

They would pledge themselves to each other and it would be binding in the context of that military unit. The Spartan example was just an afterthought. The other examples in other cultures I brought up were, indeed, socially (legally) binding.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

If they could make it about everyone benefitting then it would work. By ignoring all the calls for civil unions they just prove the theory that they are pissed at religions more than they care about helping the two collage students putting themselves through collage or the two homeless men taken off the street in ohio and givin a roof over their head by the state. Many states alreadu have common law marriage for the reason of helping them out but if their hearts are true then they should get behind civil unions.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

view?

How about proving that Satan exists outside of your storybook? Cite the testable evidence. While you're at it, prove that God exists, too.

Prove that Satan exists? There are millions of testimonies. Go check them out. Oh wait now, they must all be crazy right?

It wouldn't matter what I presented to you. It really wouldn't would it?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Funny because that is similar to how I feel about deities and demons.

OK
Do you see how a civil union would level the playing field for more than just sexual partners?

Do you see how it would end all this bickering over gay marriage and religion?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

view?

How about spiritually arrogant hypocrites looking down their nose at other Christians; And feeling entitled to pass judgement on those they feel inferior to themselves.

Check this out....

Matthew 7:13 KJV

When did I look down my nose at anyone? You have clearly misrepresented me. Either that or you have misunderstood me. Quote where I looked down my nose at anyone and I will apologize. It has to be a full quote in context though.

Eagerly waiting your participation.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

view?

Prove that Satan exists? There are millions of testimonies. Go check them out. Oh wait now, they must all be crazy right?

It wouldn't matter what I presented to you. It really wouldn't would it?

Testimonies? Oh, you mean claims. Claims are not testable evidence of anything. There are "testimonies" that reptoids exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join