It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lawmakers declare ‘all-out assault’ on marriage for same-sex and atheist couples in Oklahoma

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Grimpachi

Your anti religion views hurt others.

It is crystal clear is is only about destroying the church and you have alighned your views with lgbt people in order to further your agenda and you really could not give a care for what is best for everyone.

On the contrary, the Crusades, Burning Times, Eminent Domain and other acts of "the church" hurt others. I've aligned my views with lgbt? Largely good but touchy?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The only chance our world has is that we banish all religion to the history books and mythologies, where it rightfully belongs. Anything less is just dressed up slavery.

This is doubly true of "patriotism."

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Tangerine

Regardless of your view they do and will remain having that power.

A civil union as i purposed would negate that power but gay marriage will not.

Laws are subject to change and the time is a coming....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It is crystal clear is is only about destroying the church and you have alighned your views with lgbt people in order to further your agenda and you really could not give a care for what is best for everyone.

Seems to me every time a Christian gets hit with a dose of rational and reality you guys turn to the go to claim that I am out to destroy your church/religion/beliefs. It is just another form of persecution complex maybe a mental self-defense mechanism because you know your arguments are invalid/ have been thoroughly destroyed by rational.

Here is the thing I believe in equality that is why I argue for them you are arguing against equality. That is a simple fact.

It is true I don't care much for religion but why should I as you have demonstrated you think you all are special and above everyone. If you treated people equally then I wouldn't have much of a reason to be against you.

Also this thread and issue can affect me. Why the eff should I have to go to a religious leader to get married as an atheist? You guys can shove that idea. Marriage does not belong to the religious.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If there was a Gay club that offered some sort of service that only Gay people were allowed to partake in, do you think Christians would have a hope in hell at forcing their way into being a part of that?

The answer is almost funny when you look at this thread.

Edit to add: As for rational thinking Tangerine, try looking at what I just said 'logically'. Don't be a fool now.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

On the contrary, the Crusades, Burning Times, Eminent Domain and other acts of "the church" hurt others. I've aligned my views with lgbt? Largely good but touchy?

The post was referencing actions today not ages ago and it was to another member unless you just forgot to switch accounts.

grimpachi do tell me what you mean by "burning times"
edit on 25-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

If there was a Gay club that offered some sort of service that only Gay people were allowed to partake in, do you think Christians would have a hope in hell at forcing their way into being a part of that?

Why would gay people be the only ones allowed to partake? Can you give an example of one of those instances? If not then it sounds like you are building a strawman.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

And? The difference between the two types of union would end up being...?

Other than a word, absolutely not a thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why would gay people be the only ones allowed to partake? Can you give an example of one of those instances? If not then it sounds like you are building a strawman.

Christians are physically attacked when they try to protest in the vicinity of Gay events. Police clearly take sides. This is a clear example, although not entirely fitting, it is still very relevant to the point I raised and you disputed.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Jebus H Christ, why do people still want to be on the other side of this?

Let them get married!

The Right claims to champion freedom but deep down they want a Theocracy so bad they can taste it.
Total control in the bedroom, our bodies, and every facet of our lives....

God help us!

This is the direction that a lot of Americans are trying to take the country. The irony is it will lead directly down the path of a fascist society and regime that many of the Christian Americans claim they are afraid of.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Jebus H Christ, why do people still want to be on the other side of this?

Let them get married!

The Right claims to champion freedom but deep down they want a Theocracy so bad they can taste it.
Total control in the bedroom, our bodies, and every facet of our lives....

God help us!

This is the direction that a lot of Americans are trying to take the country. The irony is it will lead directly down the path of a fascist society and regime that many of the Christian Americans claim they are afraid of.

I think you mean totalitarian. Fascism is the melding of government and corporations for the good of corporations. Wait, the fundamentalists want that, too!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

That is the beauty of it. To religous it would be a big difference. To a couple straight guys or gals that want to live together they would not have to call themselves gay to get benefits. do you not see ow this is all anti religion and not pro lgbt or human.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Christians are physically attacked when they try to protest in the vicinity of Gay events. Police clearly take sides. This is a clear example, although not entirely fitting, it is still very relevant to the point I raised and you disputed.

Christians are being attacked or is it that disruptive arseholes who may be Christian are being attacked. Are you claiming they are being attacked because they a xtain are you claiming that none of the gays at the rallies are xtain?

Police in all situations will usually take sides with the group that isn't being an arse I doubt it has anything to do with the faith.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

That is the beauty of it. To religous it would be a big difference. To a couple straight guys or gals that want to live together they would not have to call themselves gay to get benefits. do you not see ow this is all anti religion and not pro lgbt or human.

Since when do I have to be gay to reap the legal benefits of marriage? Have you been getting into my brandy tonight? Your logic has to be the most backwards kind there is, taken at face value for what it is -- how you wrote it. "Straights won't have to call themselves gay to get benefits". WTF kind of logic origami is this?
edit on 1/25/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If they were gay Christians, then yes.....

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Christians are being attacked or is it that disruptive arseholes who may be Christian are being attacked. Are you claiming they are being attacked because they a xtain are you claiming that none of the gays at the rallies are xtain?

Police in all situations will usually take sides with the group that isn't being an arse I doubt it has anything to do with the faith.

The police are supposed to take sides with whoever is on the good side of the law. The implications of your comment are amazing. If you ran the world I think we'd be in a worse off position than we are in now. I take my hat off to you sir and bid you Goodnight.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

If they were gay Christians, then yes.....

Gay Christians? You're using Gay Christians as an example? Look at my example and then look at yours. It seems you are clutching at straws.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The police are supposed to take sides with whoever is on the good side of the law. The implications of your comment are amazing. If you ran the world I think we'd be in a worse off position than we are in now. I take my hat off to you sir and bid you Goodnight.

Aww you upset bro.

Who is to say who is on the good side of the law? It would be good if you linked whatever you are talking about. Far as I know that has never been a big issue was it a one off thing or are you saying Christians at gay rallies are being hunted down and beaten.

Am I just supposed to take your word for it? I only know of one instance where a Christian protestor was attacked and his attackers were arrested so that can't be what you're talking about. You wouldn't be making stuff up would you?

BTW back to this gay only club that will not let Christians participate that you were talking about. Is this a personal experience of yours, something you heard about or something you are fabricating?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Seems to me every time a Christian gets hit with a dose of rational and reality you guys turn to the go to claim that I am out to destroy your church/religion/beliefs. It is just another form of persecution complex maybe a mental self-defense mechanism because you know your arguments are invalid/ have been thoroughly destroyed by rational.

Here is the thing I believe in equality that is why I argue for them you are arguing against equality. That is a simple fact.

It is true I don't care much for religion but why should I as you have demonstrated you think you all are special and above everyone. If you treated people equally then I wouldn't have much of a reason to be against you.

Also this thread and issue can affect me. Why the eff should I have to go to a religious leader to get married as an atheist? You guys can shove that idea. Marriage does not belong to the religious.

How much of this are you making up and blabbering on about? Our discussion is done I think. If you could be bothered to, you could look for cases of Christians being attacked by Gays because of protesting or simply sharing the Gospel. You can find it, just look. Don't be ignorant.

Your arguments are lacking, but you got spunk, I'll give you that.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

How much of this are you making up and blabbering on about? Our discussion is done I think. If you could be bothered to, you could look for cases of Christians being attacked by Gays because of protesting or simply sharing the Gospel. You can find it, just look. Don't be ignorant.

Your arguments are lacking, but you got spunk, I'll give you that.

Sharing the Gospel? Does that include shouting, "God hates ****!"? Let me shock you by telling you that no one has a right to accost anyone in a public place, threaten them, prevent them from going about their business or proselytize to them against their will. Tell me, what would your response be to a gay person stopping you in public and telling you about the joys of gay sex and telling you that you'll be tortured for eternity if you don't follow him to the local motel? Thought so.

I recommend that everyone carry a compressed air bicycle horn and use it in self-defense when proselytizers accost them against their will. You wouldn't believe how high a proselytizing fundy can jump!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join