It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Begins: Muslim Brotherhood Starts USA Political Party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Islamaphobic is an appropriate term.

Hardly appropriate.

Basically means anyone daring to criticize a bunch of right wing necons do in the name of ALLAH gets me labeled, and everyone else that has a problem with it an 'islamophobe'.

That is utter nonsense.

Especially when they turn around and show their bigotry towards other groups of people LIKE:

Jews,Christians,Republicans, Tea Party,Gun owners,rich people,bankers,corporations etc.

In a nut shell anyone who uses the term 'islamophobe' is the GD pot calling the kettle.

edit on 14-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This is a current meme. Using the word Islamaphobe to coerce people into not speaking out about the dangers of letting muslims even put their toe in our government is an effort to shut us up.

Liberals are so readable and predictable.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I fear the hyperbole and stubbornness from the deep right more than I fear muslims gaining a foothold in this country. I'm a Libertarian by the way.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheArrow

Sooooo what is he going to do with the military? Ever heard of Posse Comitatus? And power over the Justice department is just power over the ability to enforce existing laws. Sharia Law isn't an existing law. How is he going to enforce that?

If he were to even TRY to use the Justice Department to enforce Sharia Law, Republicans would be drawing up impeachment paperwork within minutes. I mean how often do Republicans call to impeach Obama for flimsy reasons? Give them a REAL reason to do so, and they'd trample each other to sign off on it. Seriously, do you even know how the government's checks and balances work?

To suggest that ONE muslim president could enact sharia law...

You are actually suggesting that ONE muslim president could enact sharia law. I made no such claim.

You are also implying that I meant the President would use the military against the citizenry of the United States, which is why you invoked Posse Comitatus. I made no such claim.

You also made an obvious logical lapse when you implied that the Presidents control over the Justice Department is just power over the ability to enforce existing laws. Which, while true, is exactly what I'm talking about, however you went the wrong way with it.

1. The President could decide to help The Muslim Brotherhood however he deemed necessary in the Middle East without so much as a glance at Congress under the banner of the War on Terror.

2. The President could suspend federal prosecutions at any time, and he could stop the federal terrorism investigations.

3. Neither of those actions would be illegal, so an impeachment wouldn't stick.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

This is a current meme. Using the word Islamaphobe to coerce people into not speaking out about the dangers of letting muslims even put their toe in our government is an effort to shut us up.

Liberals are so readable and predictable.

Yeah they do it with 'RACIST ' too.

Definitely agree.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They can't be any worse than the republicans!

LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
a reply to: TrueAmerican

this is a christian nation

Last time i checked The U.S. was a secular nation.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
You are actually suggesting that ONE muslim president could enact sharia law. I made no such claim.

Huh? Didn't you say this in response to Tardacus explaining how Sharia Law would be implemented?

All it would take was one sitting official to change his political party to Muslim Brotherhood while in office.

The President.

That's pretty much saying that it would take ONE muslim president to enact sharia law.

You are also implying that I meant the President would use the military against the citizenry of the United States, which is why you invoked Posse Comitatus. I made no such claim.

If he's not going to use it to enact Sharia Law, then why bring up the power of the military? Seems like a moot point to me.

You also made an obvious logical lapse when you implied that the Presidents control over the Justice Department is just power over the ability to enforce existing laws. Which, while true, is exactly what I'm talking about, however you went the wrong way with it.

1. The President could decide to help The Muslim Brotherhood however he deemed necessary in the Middle East without so much as a glance at Congress under the banner of the War on Terror.

2. The President could suspend federal prosecutions at any time, and he could stop the federal terrorism investigations.

3. Neither of those actions would be illegal, so an impeachment wouldn't stick.

So how does that cause sharia law to get enacted here? Presidents have supported many different violent regimes in the past. This is nothing new and hasn't subverted our government actions. I fail to see how any of this is going to change the landscape of the US.

I mean, we already support Israel and Saudia Arabia. We've supported Afghani extremists in the past, Syrian extremists. We've militarized corporations and set them up as defacto governments (banana republics). Give me a VALID way that a muslim president could actually change america into a muslim country ran by sharia law.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Islamaphobic is an appropriate term.

Hardly appropriate.

Basically means anyone daring to criticize a bunch of right wing necons do in the name of ALLAH gets me labeled, and everyone else that has a problem with it an 'islamophobe'.

That is utter nonsense.

Especially when they turn around and show their bigotry towards other groups of people LIKE:

Jews,Christians,Republicans, Tea Party,Gun owners,rich people,bankers,corporations etc.

In a nut shell anyone who uses the term 'islamophobe' is the GD pot calling the kettle.

The MSM coverage is islamophobic.

How people treat you over it, or how you allow any of it to effect you personally, is entirely up to you.

But when you hear the word "Muslim" on television, it is always with the connotation of a bomb strapped to someone's chest. If that isn't islamophobic, I don't know what is.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I fear the hyperbole and stubbornness from the deep right more than I fear muslims gaining a foothold in this country. I'm a Libertarian by the way.

Oh, for heaven's sake! Well...that does say a lot. Wow! Just wow.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Tell me, with a realistic basis of evidence,
How those things will ever affect the United States of America...

I'm interested to hear the theories behind the fearmongering that it is coming to the States!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Amen! Amen!

Don't need anyone ramming religion down my throat. Not a Christian or a Muslim. However, if things got totally crazy and out of hand, the Christians and Muslims could take each other down, leaving the rest of us to survive and carry on this great nation.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

But when you hear the word "Muslim" on television, it is always with the connotation of a bomb strapped to someone's chest. If that isn't islamophobic, I don't know what is.

Is that the same media that turns in o Republicanphobes that coined the term the party of no ?

Is that the same media that turns in to Gunphobes every time there is a shooing ?

Is that the same media that turned in to copphobes in Ferguson, and New York.

I say again: Pot calling the Kettle.
edit on 14-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Care to elucidate? The right most DEFINITELY is the chief exporter in hyperbole politically and stubbornness is a key part of being a conservative (unwilling to change). So where did I go wrong?

It's not like I've seen a single person in this thread back up their fears with valid reasoning to fear the oncoming Muslim bogeyman. Just more fear, hyperbole, and stereotyping. Par the course for the right.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

LOL Stephen Lennon often gets made a fool of..

I'll watch it as soon as I get a chance, although I've probably seen it before...

A racist's wet dream when he is in the spotlight.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So you outline a good point about the media. That it gets stupid people riled about "scary things" through fear mongering and hyperbole, THEN you use that good point to justify why YOU are letting yourself get riled up by the fear mongering and hyperbole that the media is using. Wow.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Huh? Didn't you say this in response to Tardacus explaining how Sharia Law would be implemented?

Nope.

If he's not going to use it to enact Sharia Law, then why bring up the power of the military? Seems like a moot point to me.

Your ability to understand my very clear points is a reflection of your abilities, not mine.

So how does that cause sharia law to get enacted here? Presidents have supported many different violent regimes in the past. This is nothing new and hasn't subverted our government actions. I fail to see how any of this is going to change the landscape of the US.

I mean, we already support Israel and Saudia Arabia. We've supported Afghani extremists in the past, Syrian extremists. We've militarized corporations and set them up as defacto governments (banana republics). Give me a VALID way that a muslim president could actually change america into a muslim country ran by sharia law.

Again, you're bringing up Sharia law here, not me.

You're asking questions that I am not going to answer because, frankly, there stupid.
edit on 14-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Amen! Amen!

Don't need anyone ramming religion down my throat. Not a Christian or a Muslim. However, if things got totally crazy and out of hand, the Christians and Muslims could take each other down, leaving the rest of us to survive and carry on this great nation.

I once read somewhere that The U.S. was a land for those who where fleeing religious persecution from elsewhere. A land where every religion would be tolerated without fear or favour. Is that correct ?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I make no GD apology for not liking a bunch of RIGHT WING NEOCONS thumping their Qu'ran'a, and clinging to their guns, and religion going around killing in the name of ALLAH.

And that makes me an 'Islamophobe'.

What the hell ever.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Amen! Amen!

I once read somewhere that The U.S. was a land for those who where fleeing religious persecution from elsewhere. A land where every religion would be tolerated without fear or favour. Is that correct ?

It used to be! It's becoming a nation of Evangelical Christians trying to grab power though.

It's a bit sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join