It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metal Thread For Metal Heads

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Cool, that record by AAFCC "Lost" is really good imo, they have since deviated from that formula quite a bit and become really synth heavy, just a completely different animal. Bummed me out just a little because I thought they had it nailed already. And when I say its become ironic, I mean certain types of people that have no genuine appreciation of metal in general other than as an 'edgy' fashion statement. But you said it best, "whatever" hah

Hm I think I made the banshee connection from a book I read, I want to say American Gods but I may be misremembering. When I was a younger kid I had a bit of an obsession with Scotland, in no small part due to Shirley Manson lol. Did several school reports on Scotland and everything. My username came from a book, I think its a variation on spelling of a Sumerian goddess, Ashera. At least according to Neal Stephenson. Didn't put much thought into it

But your interpretation is pretty rad lol! I'll have to remember that
edit on 28-1-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Iowa is still good, though

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

You're a Neal Stephenson fan? Snow Crash and Anethema are two of my favorite books ever.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Is that cottage cheese in that hot dog?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
One of the finest bands to ever come out of Philly...Starkweather

The Divine Art of Exquisite Torment

Murder in Technicolor

Epiphany

Hushaby and Goodnight

Slither

Taming Leeches with Fire

edit on 29-1-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

We're very proud of oor Shirley!

I love that you know about Scotland, that's great. We didn't do so well with metal bands, sadly. The Almighty, Nazareth - oh the shame!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Haha I wanted to grow up to be Shirley when I was a kid. And Scotland produced these guys, who are awesome but they're both whats been coined as brutal death metal so its a little rough if that's not your cup of tea!

Man Must Die

Scordatura

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yessir I haven't read Anathem yet, only SC and The diamond age.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I like you Peter! You have good taste in music. Weren't you the one that posted Acid Bath? One of my favorite lyrics: Dying felt so goddamn good today! And I love Sammy Duet.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Is that cottage cheese in that hot dog?

Oh, you sick #!!

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
love this song too...not a huge Megadeath fan as Dave Mustains voice can get irritating and is a little gay...

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A lot of the things he says are way cringeworthy but he's good at what he does as a musician for sure.
I like In My Darkest Hour but I think someone's posted it here already.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Snow Crash is bad ass. To this day Hiro Protagonist remains one of the coolest... well hero protagonists ever. Diamond Age was cool but I only read it once. I liked Cryptonomicon well enough, it was a lot slower than his other books (though no where near as boring as his lengthy Baroque Cycle of books). Anethema was amazing though. One of the best sci-fi novels I have read but that's just me. Neal Stephenson is a boss.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
A little Entombed off of the Wolverine Blues album-

Demon

Wolverine Blues

Hollowman

edit on 31-1-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was never really into a lot of Death Metal but this band is one of the exceptions to that.

Gutted - Bleed for us to Live full album '94

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Burnt by the Sun

'Forlani'

Washington Tube Steak

Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom

The Wolves are Running

Cardiff Giant

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
a reply to: peter vlar

I like you Peter! You have good taste in music. Weren't you the one that posted Acid Bath? One of my favorite lyrics: Dying felt so goddamn good today! And I love Sammy Duet.

Why thank you very kindly, I appreciate the faith in my musical choices! Yes, I posted the Acid Bath. By far one of my favorite bands period let alone metal bands. Nothing beat seeing them in a tiny club....wow I'm feeling old because that show was in 94 hahaha A few of the bands I posted were bands I had played in in the past and perhaps currently. I just didn't fuss over the fact because I wasn't sure what the policy was for shameless self promotion. Others were local/friends bands and a bunch of other stuff was from every direction of the compass.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here's a little something from my back yard. Skinless is another of the random exceptions to my usual distaste for death metal.

Skinless- Crispy Kids

Extermination of my Filthy Species

Progression Towards Evil

The Optimist

Foreshadowing Our Demise

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Burning Human is another gem from my very own backyard. Jason Bittner of Shadows Fall and new drummer for Flotsam and Jetsam is in this band.

As Good as Dead-

Tormented Mind (this video was banned, why I have no clue)

Self Inflicted Crucifixion

Guilty of Insanity

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join