It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metal Thread For Metal Heads

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

These guys are from Australia, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
a reply to: beansidhe

Hah! @ "Overgothing"

Unfortunately I didn't even exist until the tail end of the 80's so I missed out, apparently!

Don't laugh, it's an affliction of mine.

And jings, I've got a leather jacket older than you!!!! Urrrgh, I feel old!
I'm loving your new avatar though, uber cool.

B x

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

No, no I was laughing at the word you used "overgothing". Has a nice ring to it

Would this be considered remotely goth? I have no idea!

And here's some metal just because this is a metal thread

And thank you! Certainly beats my other avatar lol

edit on 27-1-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Hmm...kind of.
THIS, my young friend, is Goth!

(Oh, how I love Siouxsie, lol!)

And some kind of crossover metally/goth to bring it back full circle:

Enjoy some 80's! (probably enough to be getting on with
).

ETA - Not at all, your other avatar was gorgeous!
edit on 27-1-2015 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

LIke me ..an old school goth so here you go...

Faith and the Muse = Sovereign..
FatM are primarily made up of 2 constants..William Faith and Monica Richards.. William Faith was in Christian Death, Mephitzo Waltz , Shadow Project .. Monica Richards was in Strange Boutique. I have been lucky enough to FatM live multiple times and from the first time I saw them to the last they are one of the better live bands out there...

Besides their version of Running Up That Hill this song, Sparks, is one of their more popular among fans...

The Mission UK ..
Similar in Sound to the Sisters which could be because they have previous members of SoM in the band...

Rosetta Stone

The Last Dance ....

edit on 27-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Not metal, but a metal band?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

OK, thanks for schooling me hah I clearly had no idea what I was talking about. I thought for sure Chelsea Wolfe fell within the realm of goth as I'm not quite sure what else to call it, but I do love that song.

As for what you posted, I can definitely appreciate it and I think they have really cool voices ( and they can shred on a tambourine lol). I have actually heard of siouxie and the banshees and Bauhaus but this is the first occasion I've had to actually listen. That was nice of you to take the time!

This is a track from one of my favorite albums, don't know that you'll like it, its got a black metal feel to it, but I suppose its worth a try. Apparently its become very trendy and ironic to listen to stuff like this, so that kinda sucks.

I could be incredibly wrong but doesn't your username basically translate to banshee?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Obscura and beyond creation are actually new to me, although I've seen people with Obscura shirts quite a few times. Like them both! It seems a lot of the stuff I like nowadays is all 7 or 8 string guitar and 4 string basses are virtually nonexistent. And suddenly everyone is a badass drummer. Not that I'm complaining!

I posted a track from a band earlier called rivers of nihil that's not too shabby.

Heard of Fallujah?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Im a big fan of Chelsea Wolfe and the video you posted for Feral Love has a great visual sense to it.
Thanks for posting it!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ashirah, Hey I appreciate your response, thank you. Yeah the Evile video was pretty good, though they sound like they are fans of Testament, and very, very big fans of the early 90's German band Kreator, who in my opinion are one of the best Metal (Thrash or death metal ect whatever one wishes to call it) bands ever in regards to growling and screaming vocals, while still presenting a perfect art, ever. Well, other than Slayer or Testament.

Now to address the growling. The entire growling metal era of the 2000's left me with a sick taste in my stomach. I mean, Most of it is absolute garbage. It's ok if someone wants to break my balls over that statement too, I want to have the discussion and debate here on ATS. To me, Kreator pulled off the growling vocals better than any other band ever in the history of Heavy Metal back in the early 90's.

Again kids, I am talking growling. Which is not singing. ~$heopleNation

edit on 27-1-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Nice opethPA, I like your first Mournful Congregation video, the instrumentals in the song are very good. The vocals just do it for me. Great music though bro. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I really love that Psychonaut song my friend. As I got older I realized how great 80's Goth was. It's powerful music. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Damn! That is a powerful song, growling and all. The name of the band is powerful too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Just for the record my friends, This is one of my top 3 heavy metal songs of all time in my opinion, by the best heavy metal band of all time. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Couldn't agree with you more, evile are NOT doing anything new and arguably they are not the best at doing it. I mainly posted them because I thought maybe it would give you something new to listen to in the same vein as music by bands that you are into. That and I'm not too knowledgeable in the area of thrash, case in point, the most obscure thrash band I know of is Forced Entry ( whom I love). What did you think about that revocation play through video I posted? No vocals in that version whatsoever, which brings me to

Deathy, growly vocals. Personally I usually take no issue with this style, its part and parcel of the specific brands of metal that I dig. That is NOT to say I like all vocalists that employ it and there are a # ton of them that I feel can't pull it off to save their lives. In fact, sometimes I get sick of hearing it my damn self lol.

But overall, it just WORKS. Take Fallujah; the guy is growly rawr rawr but what else could possibly compliment the instrumental components half so well? In my vastly humble opinion the answer to that is this: Nothing! Its either got to be those vocals or no vocals at all.

Of course, your take on it is absolutely not unusual. I'm sure its the opinion of most people that its "garbage". And I get that, really. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how and why I find it so palatable. Again, the best answer I can offer is that it simply fits. At least in the context that I'm talking about. That, and I'm pretty conditioned to it to begin with.

Alas, no one has ever accused me of having good taste in music. I think black metal vocals are downright sexy ( lol!) And to most people listening to that is akin to sticking a soldering iron into your ear, or any other orifice for that matter, so what do I know

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Glad to know someone likes her around here! I like how she displays almost no emotion in the video.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

some Aussie metal for ya...hopefully it hasn't been posted i haven't been through the whole thread yet

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You are most welcome. I like that track you posted a lot. Post-ironic...blah! Some people just don't have the guts to admit to what they like, so they say it's 'ironic'. Aye, very good, whatever.

And yes!! You can read Gaelic! My username is banshee (which is a wee nod to Siouxsie, and a big mega nod to Gaelic folklore which is what I love. 'Bean' (pronounced ban) is woman, sidhe (or sith in Scots Gaelic, both pronounced shee) is fairy. So places in Scotland like Glen Shee just mean valley of the fairies etc etc.
Which is funny, because your name is almost 'Fairy of the burial mound' in gaelic! ( Sidhe Rath) Quite good, I think!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Me too, I think I probably love it more now than I even did then. Fields of the Nephilim were amazing, I'll sneak you in another one:

They went through a Sumerian-obsessed phase, I remember which was kind of out there, even for them! But yes, they were brilliant.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Faith and the Muse are amazing!!!! You just reminded me of:

Loads of Christian Death were in Sex Gang Children, weren't they? (or the other way around, I know not :lol

And Skeletal Family:

Oh, the angst! I loved them, haven't listened to them in ages. And ooh! Remember this?

I saw Killing Joke in Glasgow. Jaz Coleman came across lke a raving loonball, quite frankly. I saw the Mission too, but naa.. I couldn't really take to them. I'd love to see FatM, you lucky thing, you.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join