It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Playing With Handgun - Daddy Video Tapes It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

What disturbs me is the willingness of these "ahem" individuals to commit such acts with no shame and the eagerness to share videos of their behavior to what must be like minded "cough" individuals for entertainment.

They are dead inside. Must be. No soul or spirit.

I would go as far as to call them zombies.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well as a soother it makes a pretty good gun.
Tear the hell out of the mouth.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It says the couple face charges recklessness with a deadly weapon and child neglect however I don't think those charges will stick unless they can prove the gun was loaded.

I am not making a judgement call I am just stating my opinion on what the law will allow.

The laws in most states are basically the same. A reckless endangerment charge does not require anyone to suffer an injury, it does require others to be placed in danger of suffering a serious physical injury.

If a Jury by peers get this case those two will most likely lose custody of the child, and get probation at best.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't see the fascination with guns tbh , do Americans just have guns to protect themselves from people with guns ?
Is it because of fear ?
I know people who hunt who have guns ,
And law enforcement , security firms , army etc , but why the general public ?
I'm from the uk so just don't get it .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

It's not just Americans. Canuckistanis like their guns too. We just aren't as vocal about them. Been hunting, to the range, hell, in the father-in law's back yard. Mind that is about as rural as you can get. They didn't even get power lines through there until about 20 years ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

It says the couple face charges recklessness with a deadly weapon and child neglect however I don't think those charges will stick unless they can prove the gun was loaded.

I am not making a judgement call I am just stating my opinion on what the law will allow.

The laws in most states are basically the same. A reckless endangerment charge does not require anyone to suffer an injury, it does require others to be placed in danger of suffering a serious physical injury.

If a Jury by peers get this case those two will most likely lose custody of the child, and get probation at best.

I get endangerment doesn't require anyone to have been harmed but I am pretty sure it requires that someone had to actually have been in danger. IMO that hasn't been proven through the video. BTW isn't it the choice of the defense on if it is a jury trial or a judge? I am pretty sure a competent lawyer can show reasonable doubt that the gun wasn't loaded and I have no idea how they can be charged with neglect from the video maybe there is more to this.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I couldn't help but think that it would be hilarious if the gun was loaded and the guy ended up filming his baby blow his testicles off.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
This guy shouldn't be permitted to own guns.

This guy shouldnt be permitted to have children.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

BTW isn't it the choice of the defense on if it is a jury trial or a judge? I am pretty sure a competent lawyer can show reasonable doubt that the gun wasn't loaded and I have no idea how they can be charged with neglect from the video maybe there is more to this.

That is the key to this case a "competent lawyer". I would wager that couple doesn't have the means to hire one, and public defenders are well, ya know.

Yes they can have a trial by judge also, but that is a crap shoot as well. What they do have going for them is that this is in Indiana, and not a state like California, so they might with a decent lawyer be able to get off, on most of the charges, or lessen them to neglect.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Do American public have guns just because there paranoid then ?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't know about this states laws but is children's services bound by the law or can they arbitrarily action someone they feel is a detriment to their child?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Canuckistanis

LOL! That cracked me up!

Yeah, not all Americans are vocal about their firearm endeavors, either. But most do seem to have a fascination with talking about them...

Glad these parents were arrested.

Barnes was wanted for armed robbery when he attempted to sell a handgun to an undercover officer. He was arrested and charged with resisting law enforcement with a weapon, carrying a handgun without a permit and carrying a handgun without a permit within 500 feet of a school, according to Evansville police. Once investigators found the video of the child playing with the gun, Barnes was charged with child neglect, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and allowing a child to possess a firearm, police said.
The baby's mother, Toni Wilson, 22, faces the same charges after police determined she was present while the videos were being recorded. When questioned, she claimed the gun was a pellet gun, police said.

The couple's 1-month-old twins were removed from the home and are in emergency care, along with the 1-year-old in the video. Barnes is the father of the twins, but not the older baby boy, police said.

Source

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

BTW isn't it the choice of the defense on if it is a jury trial or a judge? I am pretty sure a competent lawyer can show reasonable doubt that the gun wasn't loaded and I have no idea how they can be charged with neglect from the video maybe there is more to this.

That is the key to this case a "competent lawyer". I would wager that couple doesn't have the means to hire one, and public defenders are well, ya know.

Yes they can have a trial by judge also, but that is a crap shoot as well. What they do have going for them is that this is in Georgia and not a state like California, so they might with a decent lawyer be able to get off, on most of the charges, or lessen them to neglect.

I thought the OP was Indiana....where is Georgia coming in?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Canuckistanis

LOL! That cracked me up!

Yeah, not all Americans are vocal about their firearm endeavors, either. But most do seem to have a fascination with talking about them...

Glad these parents were arrested.

Barnes was wanted for armed robbery when he attempted to sell a handgun to an undercover officer. He was arrested and charged with resisting law enforcement with a weapon, carrying a handgun without a permit and carrying a handgun without a permit within 500 feet of a school, according to Evansville police. Once investigators found the video of the child playing with the gun, Barnes was charged with child neglect, criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon and allowing a child to possess a firearm, police said.
The baby's mother, Toni Wilson, 22, faces the same charges after police determined she was present while the videos were being recorded. When questioned, she claimed the gun was a pellet gun, police said.

The couple's 1-month-old twins were removed from the home and are in emergency care, along with the 1-year-old in the video. Barnes is the father of the twins, but not the older baby boy, police said.

Source

Sneaky police.....adding to the charges by setting up the meeting place within 500 feet of a school.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I don't know about this states laws but is children's services bound by the law or can they arbitrarily action someone they feel is a detriment to their child?

Yes most states will remand the child into protective services custody, until a hearing has been held.

If the child is endangered somehow a child can and will be put into protective custody temporarily. There are cases, in the USA, where this power is abused, but in many cases it allows time to find a stable environment for many abused children.

Good question btw

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I thought the OP was Indiana....where is Georgia coming in?

You would be correct my mistake 2nd day of me being off of caffeine and no coffee.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Evansville police discovered the videos after a 19-year-old man was arrested for trying to sell a handgun to an undercover officer.

So the cops arrested this guy then took his phone and went through it??? Did he not have a lock? Or did they bypass it? Im just curious how they actually got the tape in the first place. I totally agree this guy is a POS and deserves whatever the state throws at him. A firearm is always loaded. Never point a weapon at domthing you dont intend to destroy.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I don't see the fascination with guns tbh , do Americans just have guns to protect themselves from people with guns ?
Is it because of fear ?
I know people who hunt who have guns ,
And law enforcement , security firms , army etc , but why the general public ?
I'm from the uk so just don't get it .

No. People own them for a variety of reasons ranging from self-defense to various sporting purposes. Its just a cultural difference between the US (and Canada, to a somewhat lesser extent) and much of western Europe, likely related to the historical importance of firearms and their prevalence in society, as well as the fact that the US has a much lower population density and is much more rural than you are.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Some children have the great misfortune to be born to idiot parents, and sometimes horrific and sad things happen to them as a result.

Other than that...not my business or problem until or unless that baby toddles out the door and points it at someone else. Not even if said idiot parents post it online.
edit on 1/13/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ignorant people like that should be forced to live in communes with other ignorant people so that they don`t endanger us non ignorant people.make them all live together and let them kill each other off by their ignorant decisions, the world won`t miss them and the average IQ of the human species will increase by 50 points after they have all killed each other off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join