It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Playing With Handgun - Daddy Video Tapes It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The level of stupid people, in this world, astounds me. And this has made my top ten list, quite possibly number #1

Unfortunately we can't legislate stupidity.

Just wait till you actually here what Daddy keeps saying over and over in the video.

SMH and triple face palm.

www.cbs19.tv...

EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana couple faces charges after investigators say they found cellphone videos showing the woman's 12-month-old daughter putting a handgun in her mouth.

Evansville police discovered the videos after a 19-year-old man was arrested for trying to sell a handgun to an undercover officer.

Police say the man and the girl's 22-year-old mother can be heard encouraging the toddler to say "pow" and that no one tried to stop her as she put the gun in her mouth.

Police say the mother told officers the girl was holding a pellet gun; investigators say it was a .40-caliber handgun. They say the gun's magazine appeared to be removed but it's not clear if ammunition was in the chamber.

Both adults face charges including child neglect and recklessness with a deadly weapon.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
We don't need to limit access to guns.

It is a right that everyone should have.

Even infants.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Quick question. I can't watch videos at work. Is the gun loaded?

link   

Jesus h Christ on a skate board!
Way to teach the kid this is a toy, just asking for her to find that years later and doing the same thing when it could be loaded.

link   

originally posted by: TheArrow
We don't need to limit access to guns.

It is a right that everyone should have.

Even infants.

It has nothing to do with handguns, but rather stupid people.

That baby could have had a knife, rat poison, or anything else that would possibly kill, or injury it.

We can't legislate stupidity.

link   
This guy shouldn't be permitted to own guns.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No but he keeps telling her to say bang bang and pow pow and she is pointing it all over at them and herself

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's ALWAYS loaded. Whether it is or not.

link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
It has nothing to do with handguns, but rather stupid people.

That baby could have had a knife, rat poison, or anything else that would possibly kill, or injury it.

We can't legislate stupidity.

All of those things could have hurt the baby without prepping the weapon/dangerous substance. An unloaded gun is just a complicated looking paperweight. So was the gun loaded?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Darwin award candidate....

WATCH: Kentucky cop shoots off finger after gun store clerk hands him loaded weapon

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No but he keeps telling her to say bang bang and pow pow and she is pointing it all over at them and herself

And? Didn't you ever play cowboys and indians as a kid? (Though it occurs to me that game is severely racist) Ever point a stick (or heck your finger with your thumb cocked) and pretend it was a gun?
edit on 13-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
This guy shouldn't be permitted to own guns.

Why? If the father went through proper checks to make sure the gun was unloaded (removed magazine, pulled slide back to eject any rounds in the chamber, dry fire down and away from anyone) then the gun is just a paperweight. What's so dangerous about it?

This guy is really just an idiot for filming it and putting it online. Especially with all the gun "safety" nuts on the internet.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

It's ALWAYS loaded. Whether it is or not.

Exactly!

A responsible, sensible gun owner, that has been trained and taught how to handle firearms always treats it as a loaded weapon.

The authorities in this case said is was unclear if the gun was loaded, but are charging the couple like the weapon was loaded.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
People Killed by 'Unloaded' Guns

People are quite often killed by ‘unloaded’ guns. The reoccurring theme is, “I thought it was unloaded”! Foolish and sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So? I clearly said that if the man had gone through the proper checks to ensure the gun was unloaded, there wasn't a problem. Your cases are all people who didn't check the chamber before handling the trigger.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So? I clearly said that if the man had gone through the proper checks to ensure the gun was unloaded, there wasn't a problem. Your cases are all people who didn't check the chamber before handling the trigger.

A gun is always loaded, even when it is not.

That's how law enforcement treats it, that's how the military treats it, that's how licensed gun owners treat them due to training, and that is how the law treats guns.

They are always, always loaded, even when the chamber is cleared, and the magazines are not present.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Except it wasn't. Regardless of how it is "treated", at the end of the day the gun wasn't physically loaded. My view is that this guy is an idiot for filming it and putting it on the internet. He should have known such a thing would upset people.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So? I clearly said that if the man had gone through the proper checks to ensure the gun was unloaded, there wasn't a problem.

What if he didn't? What if he forgot something, made a mistake or simply wasn't educated about the gun? People make mistakes.

When I learned gun safety, the number one rule was:

It's always loaded.

Here are the four inviolate rules of firearms safety as codified by Jeff Cooper (1920-2006) and instructed at Gunsite Academy (nee American Pistol Institute)… memorize them! Make them an integral part of your life, for you will be tested on them as long as you will be around firearms.

1. All guns are always loaded!

The Gun Zone

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Future darwin winner ...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Except it wasn't. Regardless of how it is "treated", at the end of the day the gun wasn't physically loaded. My view is that this guy is an idiot for filming it and putting it on the internet. He should have known such a thing would upset people.

How can you say it was not loaded?

Were you there to inspect it?

Just because the magazine was removed, does not negate the fact that a round might be chambered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join