It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Playing With Handgun - Daddy Video Tapes It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Meh. This just doesn't bother me. No one was hurt, the gun really wasn't loaded. Is the man an idiot? Sure, but I just can't get my social justice cape on over something like this. He'll be sorted out by the law.

This reminds me of that woman who was giving bong hits to her baby. Why do people film these idiotic things? They'd get away with it if they could just bother NOT to put a camera on whatever it is they are doing. If you are planning on doing something with moral questionability, it's PROBABLY best not to broadcast it to the world.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

the problem is next time the child sees a gun and thinks it a toy - that one might be loaded

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
12 months old !
It should be on auto by now !
Hence shooting range incident , I'm surprised they baby isn't feeding some of them tame pitbulls as well !

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Meh. This just doesn't bother me. No one was hurt, the gun really wasn't loaded. Is the man an idiot? Sure, but I just can't get my social justice cape on over something like this. He'll be sorted out by the law.

I hope you don't have any children.

It's not only about the fact that the gun was loaded, unloaded or dangerous to the child, but the mere fact of how this child is being supervised, conditioned and taught by it's so called custodial parents.

What does this teach the child if it see the gun later in the future, perhaps a few months, or years down the road?

especially when maybe there is not an adult around.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can't believe people are even suggesting that it makes a difference whether the gun is loaded or not.

AT NO POINT should weapons EVER be used like this.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's the way I was taught and it's important enough (to me) to avoid mistakes that are often made.

No Such Thing as an Unloaded Firearm

I can hear them now; ‘what do you mean all guns are loaded all the time?!’ ‘That’s stupid!’ ‘I have guns at home right now that are not loaded’! ‘Hell, I was at the gun store the other day, none of them guns behind the counter and on the wall rack were loaded’! I say, yes they are, they are all loaded, every gun at your house, every gun in that store, and everywhere else, they are all loaded. ‘Your Crazy, They Are Not’!…. If you don’t have the mindset that they are all loaded, and ready to fire, you are a prime candidate for a firearm accident, you assume too much, take to much for granted.

I'm not ragging you for your opinion. I'm just saying it's important enough to me to be that respectful of gun safety.

a reply to: projectvxn

That's the bottom line. And if it was loaded, the baby wouldn't have it.
edit on 1/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Don't worry. I don't have any children. Maybe that is why it's hard for my to sympathize with this issue. Oh well, enjoy your social shaming. I'm out.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Seeing a 12 month old girl sticking the muzzle of a handgun in her mouth with both index fingers wrapped around the trigger makes me shudder.
I hope the girl is in a home where people care about her now.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thank goodness the baby wasn't harmed. What is wrong with people?!? What encourages such a person to think that a child, a BABY, playing with a handgun and putting it in their mouth is cool? I'm so glad the parents were arrested, but everyone in that bitch that seen it should be arrested as well. Dumb ass people

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The way I was taught is that any gun is loaded... even when it's not. That is the respect one has to have with a dangerous tool. Even this basic tenet of gun ownership is being debated? Mention guns and logic goes right out the window. Sad.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Don't worry. I don't have any children. Maybe that is why it's hard for my to sympathize with this issue. Oh well, enjoy your social shaming. I'm out.

You need to qualify the term.

It's "selective social shaming."

The purpose of it is to promote a political viewpoint or agenda.

Nobody here is talking about the lack of parenting skills that actually have led to their sons being shot by guns that really were loaded and aimed at them.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think for me this is more of a similar situation to people giving kids candy cigarettes....simply bad judgement call. If the gun wasn't loaded then sure, no harm could have been done. It is more a principle of teaching kids right from wrong. It wasn't loaded this time, but what about when mommy/daddy are asleep with it in the drawer beside the bed and it IS loaded? You have just taught your toddler essentially how a gun works and they have no idea what they are doing...it is fun for them.

Irresponsibility is the major issue here. Bad parenting on a level worse than most.

I can see all the points about it being a kid playing cops and robbers and whatnot, but this doesn't seem to be that type of interaction.....just seems like a really bad choice on the parents part.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I for one am glad these people went to jail for this kind of crap.

People think the loaded weapon is the most dangerous part. But lets leave that aside for a second.

I clean my guns regularly. I use all kinds of harsh chemicals to remove powder residue, lead(depending on the loads I use), copper and brass particulates, and lubricants like rem-oil, molybdenum disulfide, copper anti-seize, and white lithium grease depending on the firearm.

Any one of those chemicals can cause serious health effects especially in infants.

I am a gun owner, a staunch defender of my second amendment right to keep and bear the arms of my choosing, and a father of 1 with #2 on the way. If you have firearms there is a level of responsibility that is expected of you. Period. If you have children it is the same. With both in the house there are things you have to think about that are beyond simple storage and maintenance.

Support the Second. Without it all others crumble. But for god sake be a responsible representative.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't think it matters if the firearm was loaded at the time or not. The parents are sending the wrong message and teaching their kid that a handgun is a toy when clearly it is not. Its a tragic accident waiting to happen. That's not acceptable, as far as I'm concerned, and I have no issue with the state bringing them up on charges.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I apologize if I came off harshly, but this type of topic is very touchy to me.

I worked law enforcement, in the past, and have been to the scene in the Detroit area where children shot other children by accident. The scenario was almost identical to the one in the video. At the end everyone was sad, crying, upset and sorry, but the fact was a child was dead.

Children do not have full reason, until around the age of 8. Common sense and applied reasoning is taught by responsible adults, so when I see video's like this I think, even though nothing happened; I think high probability of a dead child in the future.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
This guy shouldn't be permitted to own guns.

Why? If the father went through proper checks to make sure the gun was unloaded (removed magazine, pulled slide back to eject any rounds in the chamber, dry fire down and away from anyone) then the gun is just a paperweight. What's so dangerous about it?

This guy is really just an idiot for filming it and putting it online. Especially with all the gun "safety" nuts on the internet.

The first rule of gun safety is always treat it as if it is loaded.
2nd rule is never point at anything you do not intend to shoot.
Anyone who owns a gun should practice the rules of gun safety at all times.
Anyone who does not should possibly lose their right to own one.
Sorry, but it's the best system we've got.

I DO understand your meaning. I worked on guns for many years and had to "break the rules" to do the work. But anytime I received a gun that was still assembled I would treat it as if it were loaded until I was positive that it was not. I certainly wouldn't risk the life of a child in this fashion, in fact an unloaded pistol can still knock you silly without much effort.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The guy was arrested for trying to sell the handgun to an undercover probably only illegal because he was 19.

It says the couple face charges recklessness with a deadly weapon and child neglect however I don't think those charges will stick unless they can prove the gun was loaded.

I am not making a judgement call I am just stating my opinion on what the law will allow.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
in fact an unloaded pistol can still knock you silly without much effort.

I didn't even think about this angle.

Damn them springs and slides.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Some folks never clean theirs.
Wanna bet these clowns didn't?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
in fact an unloaded pistol can still knock you silly without much effort.

I didn't even think about this angle.

Damn them springs and slides.

It's pretty much a hammer with a shorter handle.
3 -4 lbs of steel with sharp corners can make a real dent in your head.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join