It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi blogger receives first 50 lashes of sentence for 'insulting Islam'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So you admit that these 'Extremists' worship the devil?

But the book they are reading supplies the same God you yourself read about in your 'Quran', does it not?

They both also mention 'Mohammed' as the Prophet.

I'm just trying to understand which 'Quran' is the true one and how did one get so perverted?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The problem is not Islam, the problem is Saudi-Arabia

No, the problem is totally ISLAM!!! Whoever things differently is a deluded unrealistic low IQ dude. Yes, you heard me.

And here it is why...

Only a "tiny minority" of extremists? (self.atheism)

Have you heard that Islam is a peaceful religion because most Muslims live peacefully and that only a "tiny minority of extremists" practice violence? That's like saying that White supremacy must be perfectly fine since only a tiny minority of racists ever hurt anyone. Neither does it explain why religious violence is largely endemic to Islam, despite the tremendous persecution of religious minorities in Muslim countries.

In truth, even a tiny minority of "1%" of Muslims worldwide translates to 15 million believers - which is hardly an insignificant number. However, the "minority" of Muslims who approve of terrorists, their goals, or their means of achieving them is much greater than this. In fact, it isn't even a true minority in some cases, depending on how goals and targets are defined.

The following polls convey what Muslims say are their attitudes toward terrorism, al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, the 9/11 attacks, violence in defense of Islam, Sharia, honor killings, and matters concerning assimilation in Western society. The results are all the more astonishing because most of the polls were conducted by organizations with an obvious interest in "discovering" agreeable statistics that downplay any cause for concern.

Terrorism

ICM Poll: 20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers www.telegraph.co.uk...

NOP Research: 1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified www.cbsnews.com...&date=2011-04-06 www.webcitation.org...

NOP Research: 24% of British Muslims deny that the four British Muslim suicide bombers carried out the 7/7 attacks; 24% of British Muslims believe the British government carried out the 7/7 attacks www.channel4.com...

People-Press: 31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq. people-press.org...

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) supported the slaughter of a Jewish family, including the children: pajamasmedia.com... www.ynetnews.com...

World Public Opinion: 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans 32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans 41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans 38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans 83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose) 62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose) 42% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (45% oppose) A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on Americans: (Egypt 34%; Indonesia 45%; Pakistan 33%) About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S. www.worldpublicopinion.org...

Pew Research (2010): 55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah 30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah 45% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah (26% negative) 43% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hezbollah (30% negative) pewglobal.org...

Pew Research (2010): 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas (34% negative). 49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas (48% negative) 49% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hamas (25% negative) 39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas (33% negative) pewglobal.org...

Pew Research (2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified. 34% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified. pewglobal.org...

Populus Poll (2006): 12% of young Muslims in Britain (and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians in Britain can be justified. 1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops. www.populuslimited.com... www.danielpipes.org...

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified. 35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall). 42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall). 22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall). 29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall). pewresearch.org...=60

Pew Research (2011): 8% of Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (81% never). 28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (38% never). www.people-press.org...

Pew Research (2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified pewresearch.org...=60

ICM: 5% of Muslims in Britain tell pollsters they would not report a planned Islamic terror attack to authorities. 27% do not support the deportation of Islamic extremists preaching violence and hate. www.scotsman.com... www.danielpipes.org...

Federation of Student Islamic Societies: About 1 in 5 Muslim students in Britain (18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a terror attack. www.fosis.org.uk... www.danielpipes.org...

ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police. www.icmresearch.co.uk... www.danielpipes.org...

Populus Poll (2006): 16% of British Muslims believe suicide attacks against Israelis are justified. 37% believe Jews in Britain are a "legitimate target". www.populuslimited.com... www.danielpipes.org...

al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden

edit on 11-1-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Pew Research (2007): [B]5% of American Muslims [/B]have a favorable view of al-Qaeda (27% can’t make up their minds). Only 58% reject al-Qaeda outright. pewresearch.org...=60

Pew Research (2011): [B]5% of American Muslims[/B] have a favorable view of al-Qaeda (14% can’t make up their minds). www.people-press.org...

Pew Research (2011): [B]1 in 10 native-born Muslim-Americans have a favorable view of al-Qaeda[/B]. people-press.org...

al-Jazeera (2006): [B]49.9% of Muslims polled support Osama bin Laden[/B] terrorism.about.com...

Pew Research: [B]59% of Indonesians support Osama bin Laden [/B]in 2003 41% of Indonesians support Osama bin Laden in 2007 56% of Jordanians support Osama bin Laden in 2003 www.forbes.com...

Pew Global:[B] 51% of Palestinians support Osama bin Laden[/B] 54% of Muslim Nigerians Support Osama bin Laden frontpagemag.com... pewglobal.org...

MacDonald Laurier Institute: [B]35% of Canadian Muslims would not repudiate al-Qaeda[/B] www.torontosun.com... www.macdonaldlaurier.ca...

World Public Opinion: Muslim majorities agree with the al-Qaeda goal of Islamic law. Muslim majorities agree with al-Qaeda goal of keeping Western values out of Islamic countries; (Egypt: 88%; Indonesia 76%; Pakistan 60%; Morocco 64%) www.worldpublicopinion.org...

ICM Poll: [B]13% of Muslim in Britain support al-Qaeda attacks on America[/B]. www.icmresearch.co.uk... www.danielpipes.org... www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There are also a lot of verses that refer to Devilish ways of Life...
& that's what the extremists seem to be living upto...

& they treat Muhammad more like an Idol or scapegoat...

Muhammad was a Prophet, but a man nonetheless...

He was, admittedly, as flawed as the next Human...

I wish I could answer that final question...
People have used all sorts of books for evil, even non-Religious books...

Using them for an agenda, and them being the problem, are seperate imo.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Islam is cancer. End of the story. I know some here might not like it but hey, this is my opinion and is not going to change.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Can i ask why you hate Islam so strongly?

I just posted a long list of research to answer your question. And in this separate reply I'm answering again. I don't hate Islam. Is Islam that hates me.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
Islam is the only religion in the world that is violent. The senior religious leaders could put a stop to the violence, if they where not living in the 7th century. Violence against religious people that are outspoken is completely wrong.

lmao

ATS- Deny ignorance mate, remember that saying yeah.

By your logic then Christianity is the only religion that likes to touch little boys.
Sikhs are all international drug dealers
Buddha's are Ninjas.

So many simple minded people have joined ATS in the last 4-5 years its #ing scary.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I do appreciate the work you put into those posts, but if Religion Of Peace is a source, I'd also question the others...

Maybe Forbes would be acceptable but I'm not a fan of percentage polls to be fair...

They could ask 5 people and get 3 that agree & that paints 1.7 Billion people?

Even if they polled thousands... It's still a sketchy assessment of the beliefs & opinions of billions imo.
edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Allow me to ask you a question Truth... If I may...

I'm just trying to understand which 'Quran' is the true one and how did one get so perverted?

Do you blame the Gun itself, or the Gun handler?

I know you can say that a gun doesn't have verses that can be misinterpreted, & that's totally fair imo...
But in essence, I'm asking if you believe personal responsibility goes out the window once the Quran comes into it?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I appreciate your response, at least you can say you have at least informed you views.

Its just quite sad there there are more than 1 billion people our there who you believe hate you.

I will be honest, I do not have the time to go though each of those links and critically appraise them if you ask 4 Muslims and one of them say they hate the west your going to get a 25% right away so I am not a fan of statistics like that unless there is a huge sample being looked at.

Some of those statistics are quite surprising.

Again thank you for your response, you views may be different but I can respect our differences

Personally I think Islam is a wonderful faith that has been corrupted by small minority and we should work with Muslims to crush this minority.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Using Religion Of Peace as a source and lambasting people's IQ levels are not advisable & inherently contradictory to someone trying to prove a point.

I do appreciate the work you put into those posts, but if Religion Of Peace is a source, I'd also question the others...

Maybe Forbes would be acceptable but I'm not a fan of percentage polls to be fair...

They could ask 5 people and get 3 that agree & that paints 1.7 Billion people?

Even if they polled thousands... It's still a sketchy assessment of the beliefs & opinions of billions imo.

I do apologize for insulting everyone who thinks differently from me as a low IQ individual.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Neither.

I blame the guy who made the gun in the first place.

And 'NO'. Everyone should take responsibility for their own actions but it is different when you have been brainwashed as you can't control your minds thought.

Also want to ask you if you believe the Saudi who was lashed 50 times deserves lashing?
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 09:43:12 -0600u3109x012x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

& I apologise for implying such it was a petty response.

I'll delete it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I havn't got time to read all those links but I did capture this.

The court began hearing the case—which is being brought by a 23-year-old French Muslim woman identified only by her initials S.A.S.—on November 27. According to a summary of the case published by the court, S.A.S. sued the French State in April 2011, when legislation banning people from covering their faces in public places came into force. S.A.S. argues that the French law violates six articles of the European Convention on Human Rights. These are: Article 3 (no one shall be subjected to inhuman or degrading treatment); Article 8 (right to respect for private and family life); Article 9 (freedom of thought, conscience and religion); Article 10 (freedom of expression); Article 11 (freedom of assembly and association); and Article 14 (prohibition of discrimination).

This stinks of double standards.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am growing tired of this blind bigotry. Since when did it become socially acceptable to announce an opinion that a billion people should have the legitimacy of their religion stripped? And since when did it become ok to paint a billion people with the same brush as few psychos that play into the hands of globalist power grabs?

This is like saying that all Canadians like to kill native prostitutes and feed them to pigs like Robert Pickton.

Didn't Hitler say that the Jews were a cancer?

Hefficide wrote a great piece on this. I neglected to prescribe but I will try and find it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You should have quoted because I didn't say that.

The op is about the Saudi who got whipped for a blog on the net.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You should have quoted because I didn't say that.

The op is about the Saudi who got whipped for a blog on the net.

Does not change my post in the slightest. If I wanted to quote you, I would have.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well I read about this blogger a couple of days ago and it's been bothering me ever since. To be quite honest, I do not believe the Saudis used a curtain tassel on him, but I'm happy to read that somewhere someone actually did that. I know that three to five lashes would probably make me collapse and I doubt that I would make it through fifty without being unconscious and bloody. And yet the sentence calls for 950 more! How excessively cruel is that? I have come to believe that the Saudi system has a repressed sense of humanity, (apart from a well-developed sense of greed and corruption in the house of Saud.)

Seventeen people killed because of a cartoon, 1000 lashes for blogging. The punishment is way out of proportion to the purported crime. Yeah, it kept me awake last night.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It IS that simple.

They would keep their values but not be associated with the strict 'Sharia' and don't say they are not associated with it because they are... It doesn't matter whether it's 'wahhabism' or not... at the moment its all falling under 'Islam' and that is one word, one Religion.

If you have 'Peaceful Islam' as a Religion we will see who flocks to it... those who don;'t will be supporting 'Sharia' and it's strict codes!

In that case it already exists, there are loads of moderate Muslims out there who practice peacefully and have totally disowned the extremists actually it is my experience that this is true of most Muslims.

The trouble is that on the paper they are not separating themselves from the wolf in sheep skin and therefor automatically give support to them by giving them a big group to hide in. It is time that Islam had a reformation like the protestants from Catholics.

Either you remove the cancer part from the body or the whole body become infected.
edit on 11-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That is one way to put it.

My reasoning is if you take out the bad apples and place them within a basket of their own, you should be left with all the good apples in a new basket!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

And yet the sentence calls for 950 more! How excessively cruel is that?

Now first I must unequivocally state that lashes are inhumane before it sounds like a defence of such...

But do you honestly think caging people up & treating them as debt slaves is any better?

I know it sounds like it is, because that is what we have grown up knowing, that people will go to prison for commiting a crime...

But when the actual practice is put under the spotlight & scrutinised for what it truly is, it's one of the most barbaric practises in the World, despite how humane Western culture has justified it.

This is not an assumption that you do feel it's a better punishment, just a question, my friend.

What you said about the House of Saud, I'd applaud you if I could.
Hopefully a star will suffice.

edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed smiley, don't know how that happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join