It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi blogger receives first 50 lashes of sentence for 'insulting Islam'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Not Sure if this Thread should be in this Forum or 'current' events, so if it is in wrong Forum, can a MOD move it?

Anyway I just think these events should be bought to the public more, I think things like this associated with 'Islam' will be good for Humanity to see. I also think that 'Muslims' should REALLY see what happens in a 'Sharia' held Nation/Country/State and leave the Religion! See it for what it actually is.

A Religion based on Ideology which has no place in today's Society and should be banned!!

A Saudi blogger convicted of insulting Islam was brought after Friday prayers to a public square in the port city of Jeddah and flogged 50 times before hundreds of spectators, a witness to the lashing said. The witness said Raif Badawi’s feet and hands were shackled during the flogging but his face was visible. He remained silent and did not cry out, said the witness, who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity fearing government reprisal. Badawi was sentenced last May to 10 years in prison and 1,000 lashes. He had criticized Saudi Arabia’s powerful clerics on a liberal blog he founded. The blog has since been shut down. He was also ordered to pay a fine of 1m riyals or about $266,600.

www.theguardian.com...

it is a sad state of affairs and if you keep believing in something which does this act to people who just want to live 'freely' then you are supporting the act!

Edit: I'm off to go watch a game on TV. Be back later to read your replies/comments.
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 07:43:59 -06000000003107x059x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Islam is the only religion in the world that is violent. The senior religious leaders could put a stop to the violence, if they where not living in the 7th century. Violence against religious people that are outspoken is completely wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The problem is not Islam, the problem is Saudi-Arabia

This kind of thing does not happen in Indonesia or Turkey for example, both of which are huge Muslim countries.

This is the problem with discussions regarding Islam we over generalise and fail to recognise most of the worlds Muslims are very peaceful people.

You are never going to be able to "Ban" Islam, it is the second largest religion and the fastest growing religion and Islam is here to stay. Muslims are not going away so we need to learn to all get along, saying that you want to "ban" their "evil" religion and making huge generalisations is not going to help matters.
edit on 11-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But to me its as if they 'support' these actions and that is wrong.

Why don't the 'peaceful' Muslims make a new Religion and call it 'Peaceful Islam'?

Then we will see just who is and who isn't.
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 08:24:03 -06000000003108x003x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Who is supporting them?

Are you telling me you believe that the 1 Billion plus Muslims on our little blue planet are all giving "support" the Saudi-Arabia to give this guy Lashings?

Of course they don't!

like i said this is a problem for Saudi-Arabia, but it is not a problem for Islam as a whole.

Why don't the 'peaceful' Muslims make a new Religion and call it 'Peaceful Islam'?

Are you being serious?

There are so many sects in Islam, the problem in Saudi comes from the known as Wahhabism which is mostly found in Saudi-Arabia other Muslim states have small numbers but nothing too significant.

Its really not as simple as "hey guys lets make a new religion"
edit on 11-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Anyway I just think these events should be bought to the public more, I think things like this associated with 'Islam' will be good for Humanity to see. I also think that 'Muslims' should REALLY see what happens in a 'Sharia' held Nation/Country/State and leave the Religion! See it for what it actually is.

These people can't just "leave" the religion. That's like pointing to the Westboro Baptist church, and telling all Xtians they should leave their religion because...Westboro. This is an extreme sect of Islam. Many of these people are so steeped in their religion from an early age, they fear not only their extremist leaders, but Allah himself, if they even entertain the idea of "leaving". They tolerate it because they are a severely oppressed and repressed people, who don't see any other choice.

It is time those sects of Islam who are not exremists, to run these people out of their countries for the sake of the people, if not for their own sake, but as is the case in so much of the world these days. Those who could do something refuse, and those who can't, suffer for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Islam varies so much throughout the world. I saw a guy get lashed with the equivalent of a tassle from a set of curtains in Africa.

I think the Saudi royal family use islam in order to keep the people quiet and afraid. If you employ religious police, which to westerners is ludicrous, you mean business and strict laws will be followed especially if they basically keep you in power.

Islam is not compatible with freedom and neither is it tolerant, despite what the apologists say when they are in minority groups, so when you have enough muslims to put the muscle into it in western countries, it will be forced upon us because muslims think that is the right action because islam is also government and so you can't separate it's religious law from state law. These two ways of thinking cannot live side by side apart from when islam in is the minority.

If you look at areas with high muslim numbers sharia law is being operated.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Islam varies so much throughout the world. I saw a guy get lashed with the equivalent of a tassle from a set of curtains in Africa.

I think the Saudi royal family use islam in order to keep the people quiet and afraid. If you employ religious police, which to westerners is ludicrous, you mean business and strict laws will be followed especially if they basically keep you in power.

Islam is not compatible with freedom and neither is it tolerant, despite what the apologists say when they are in minority groups, so when you have enough muslims to put the muscle into it in western countries, it will be forced upon us because muslims think that is the right action because islam is also government and so you can't separate it's religious law from state law. These two ways of thinking cannot live side by side apart from when islam in is the minority.

If you look at areas with high muslim numbers sharia law is being operated.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Shiloh7 because: Sorry double clicked it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You posted twice! Ha!

Yes, I understand your post entirely.

I have seen it where I live. It's all separation in some workplaces! To me, they are supporting the action, otherwise the 'peaceful' muslims would stand up and defend those who are being separated but... this Thread is about this guy being whipped for defending 'Freedoms' and writing 'blogs'.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How do we know exact numbers because within my family we have muslims but they don't practise it and surely in many countries where the men can skip the mosque there must of people who aren't interested as such in religion and don't believe its promises.

I hardly know any muslim that doesn't drink and most eat bacon sandwiches - OK they look guilty and giggle but one hopes the ropes that bound most people's thinking thanks to the religious lot of god botherers who act purely to ensurietheir continued privilege of velvet dictatorship and power.

We know how many people live in so-called muslim countries but we only have people who have been brainwashed into committing suicide as the real edxtreme followers of this religion and then, they perpetuate murder and all sorts of crimes - so do we have true muslims, hindi and any other true so-called followers of a religion.

One hopes that as common sense prevails and the idea that holy books were for the times in which they were written and don't travel well are seen for the damage they cause, then perhaps their velvet glove of menace will disappear.

I don't think a child should be exposed to religion because the toxic purpose of brain washing children should be abolished. I actually see it as a crime against freedom of thought

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It IS that simple.

They would keep their values but not be associated with the strict 'Sharia' and don't say they are not associated with it because they are... It doesn't matter whether it's 'wahhabism' or not... at the moment its all falling under 'Islam' and that is one word, one Religion.

If you have 'Peaceful Islam' as a Religion we will see who flocks to it... those who don;'t will be supporting 'Sharia' and it's strict codes!
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 08:35:32 -0600u3108x032x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It IS that simple.

They would keep their values but not be associated with the strict 'Sharia' and don't say they are not associated with it because they are... It doesn't matter whether it's 'wahhabism' or not... at the moment its all falling under 'Islam' and that is one word, one Religion.

If you have 'Peaceful Islam' as a Religion we will see who flocks to it... those who don;'t will be supporting 'Sharia' and it's strict codes!

In that case it already exists, there are loads of moderate Muslims out there who practice peacefully and have totally disowned the extremists actually it is my experience that this is true of most Muslims.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

To you, perhaps.

To me & many people I know, Muslim & non-Muslim, they'd never support Saudi Arabia...

It's the most backward nation on the Planet & if it wasn't for potential damage to Mecca, Muslims themselves would have destroyed that "Kingdom" long ago.

Sorry but we don't negotiate with terrorists, I don't know why you would support that idea either.

I like your input Truth, & I noticed you put "Islam" & "Muslim" in inverted commas which suggests this is coming from the right place...

I just felt I had to mention the above.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Islam is cancer. End of the story. I know some here might not like it but hey, this is my opinion and is not going to change.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Islam is the only religion in the world that is violent.

Somebody doesn't know much about the religions of the world. You do have other religions committing violent acts but right now they aren't pointed out in the media because there is more money to be made from fighting those "evil Muslims".

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Then it will never end then will it.

We can't separate who is who because they all worship the same God and all read the book of the same Religion.

Why do you yourself want to be associated with a Religion which doesn't support Freedom of any kind? It wants its own rules and regulations?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I can see the thread getting heated... maybe I shouldn't have started it but I just wanted to highlight that 'Freedom of expression' is just not something associated with 'Islam'.

There will always be these issues in Society if they aren't addressed and people will blame 'islam' as a whole.

Why has this been bought to Africa & Europe? (The strict one I mean). Someone somewhere was a 'peaceful' Muslim as you say and git turned and then that person indoctrinated others... that's how it started.
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 08:51:48 -06000000003108x048x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

My religion does promote freedom, as much as people say it doesn't, I can quote scripture upon scripture that does.

It would be a waste of time though because I'd be hit with a deluge of cherry picked verses & have to spend all day explaining them and elaborating.

Besides, I do not believe we have Faith in the same God...
These people are Idolators & Devil worshippers of the highest calibre.

edit on 11-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Islam is cancer. End of the story. I know some here might not like it but hey, this is my opinion and is not going to change.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Can i ask why you hate Islam so strongly?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Saudi blogger receives first 50 lashes of sentence for 'insulting Islam'

That's what happens when people live in a Bronze Age mentality instead of having a civilized progression to a mentality worthy of 2015.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join