It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owners - Have you apologised for a spree killing recently?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
a reply to: neformore

I read it but the idea of calling all people that have kids that don't stand up to child molesters may be molesters them selves is truly a sad way to strike up a conversation that someone like the OP thinks should be discussed.

This is my opinion and you as mod should know that as diverse as ATS is a post like this is going to offended some people no matter how you try to cover its meaning.

It's just as sad to say that all the peaceful Muslims who don't stand up en mass to the terrorists may secretly agree with what the terrorists are doing. Get it now?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry, not following, now we are on to freedom of speech ?

Who defines what's offensive ?

Hopefully common sense prevails but then again.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Could be that the laws are constantly changing trying to make the guns less lets say tactical. There has been nothing done to calm this barbaric religion that mistreats so many people that actually don't agree with it.
And these gun owners won't be letting these gun offenders hide among them out of fear so actually had nothing to apologize for.

I'm not looking for these apologies from anyone either. But it is time for them to join the new way of life that promotes freedom and all people being equal this they can be held accountable on. And for that not happening they don't fit in and should be not allowed to live in countries that are civilized practicing this religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
LMFAO

I swear to god owning a gun either makes you lose half your IQ or you just had to be stupid to begin with.
Look at most of them frothing at the mouth and chomping at the bit to get on here and tell the OP how wrong he is while completely missing the point of what he was saying and ironically all of them are reinforcing his point, for those of you too incensed by the mention of guns to understand his point here it is in big capital letters

THE ACTIONS OF A CRAZY MISGUIDED FEW SHOULD NOT BE USED TO JUDGE OR PUNISH THE RESPONSIBLE, LAW ABIDING, PEACEFUL VAST MAJORITY!!!!!! THE ANALOGY USED IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT AS ITS THE POINT THAT COUNTS!!!!!

Is it clear enough for you all now?

The ignorance and venom with which these vocal gun owners come out with on these threads is as bad as the extremists brainwashed terrorists we all hate so much. Think on this for awhile guys

So, are you implying that responsible and legal gun owners should not be persecuted and/or punished for the random acts of crazies with guns that kill people? If so, then yes, I agree. Just as responsible followers of Islam should not be persecuted and/or punished for the random acts of crazies that kill people in the name of their religion.

I'm glad you are on the side of responsible humans....regardless of the situation and acts of those humans that are not responsible

(see what i did there???)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

To be fair Erik there is an ideal behind gun ownership...

Not every Gun owner has the same reasons as you & I actually salute your reasoning...

You could fight the PitBull & kill it easily, but it would get messy...

A point blank bullet would be my preferred option in your situation....

But I'm sure you're smart enough to understand what Nef implying & I'm sure he wasn't addressing people like yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Its sad you don't understand Islam and the mind set of the radical Muslims.

You see if the radicals call for Jihad and the peaceful Muslims talk out against it they will be treated worse then the infidel's, where on the other hand I don't think I have ever heard of a case where one gun owner threatened someone if they did not buy a gun.

You see I get it, I totally understand why peaceful Muslims don't speak out and I totally support that they don't.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neformoreDisclaimer : This post is topical satire. Its aimed at trying to stimulate some deeper thinking on a particular subject. Its not meant as a slight against anyone personally. Its a parallel. I can guarantee that probably 50% of the posters who reply to this OP will not read this disclaimer.

You would be 100% Correct.
Most didn't Bother to read this.
Great post

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Satire or not does not change the meaning of or the outcome of if the entire post was read. Half way through I knew what the OP was getting at but did read the entire post. Still feel the same as if it was just based of the Title. But by reading the entire post and seeing what it was spawned from I just can't agree with. Not comparable or I could still buy a machine gun freely.

Things are changing with gun rights but not the other. Why?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I always thought it was a stereotype that British humour goes over the Heads of Americans...

Well said Nef.

Kudos to those who did get it...

To those that don't, you're flustered over nothing to be honest.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If the guns are taken away, then people will find another way

No, without guns people will yell and maybe some fist fights will break out, but few people will die.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I just wanted to chime in with:

You can't blame the gun or the gun owner but you can blame the person who made the gun and that means you can blame the person who wrote the book.
edit on CSTSun, 11 Jan 2015 11:21:19 -0600u3111x019x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

I'm not sure you do get it. I'm sure Neformore doesn't really think that gun owners should be held responsible for what crazies do with guns. I know he doesn't think that gun owners secretly support the killing sprees of crazies with guns. That's why he put the disclaimer in - to make sure people understand that.

I understand very well the mindset of the extremist/terrorist. I also understand the mindset of the peaceful Muslim. I also understand that if a psycho had a gun owner's child at gunpoint, the gun owner would drop their gun so fast if the psycho demanded it, and would let the psycho get away - in order to save their child's life. Do I blame them for that? Absolutely not.

edit on 11-1-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can ask the same question of the police force, that is, a few have made bad choices/shouldn't be cops. I have never seen a police officer apologize for the actions of a single or few. I guess they don't feel in anyway, responsible for the actions of the "bad egg". I can tell you that I feel the same sadness and loss when someone shoots someone, but I feel no responsibility by association.

Your disclaimer comes off as a signature line...regardless of it, does anyone believe that the world would change at all if law abiding citizens no longer were allowed to have guns? I'm not even saying a utopia, but just a much more peaceful world. Corrupt leaders, wars, corrupt police departments and so on would still remain and be what they're going to be. Mankind needs to change mentally. The stones in our hands don't throw themselves.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Hr2burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Cain used the jaw bone of an ass to kill his own brother.
So is the jaw bone of an ass to be banned?
We don't need a change in guns, gun laws or the jaw
bone of an ass. The change must come in mens hearts.
And it is coming. I promise you that.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
#1 Even if every country in the world banned guns, the criminals would still have guns. Only responsible, law abiding citizens would be disarmed.

#2 I live in the country. I NEED a gun for protection. Mainly from animals- coyotes, opossums, etc. For every psycho, murdering extremist there are at least 20 other people like me who actually NEED guns. And at least 200 more that will probably never use a gun, but would like to have one just in case.

Anyway, I don't care if you're pro gun, anti gun. Argue all day long about it. Just let me keep my guns.

Oh, and I'm soooo sorry that some dudes I've never met killed some people I've never met with guns I've never laid eyes on in a town I've never been to. *topical satire font*
edit on 11-1-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And with one thread the stock market value of 'ATS IQ' drops a million points...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Battleline

But its ok to cause offense to all because of freedom of speech, yes?

ETA, that is more satire, by the way

In this day and age, it's just too easy to cause offense to all of any group.

This front page article and headline, caused the newspapers building to be vandalized, and prompted a large protest, simply for using the word "Illegals". Those protesting are wanting to become citizens, yet they have no concept of what freedom of speech or freedom of the press really means. They want freedom of speech, and could care less who is offended, but not if words they abhor are used toward them.

No, I am not for causing offense to all because of freedom of speech, or even freedom of the press, but if it happens, it is protected speech. Should we censor or demand gun owners do more, or good Muslim's for not speaking as loud as we feel they should when a bad incident occurs? Emphatically no. The actions of a few do not reflect the mindset of the whole.

Satire is not for everyone. Some don't and never will get it. The same goes for responsible reporting. Some may not like what is said, but it is what it is. We can't allow a few to stop us from enjoying either. And we can't blame everyone for what they had no part in. JMHO.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Guns are far more dangerous in the hands of governments than private individuals.
Over 100 million people have been killed by governments.
Why should they not also be asked to apologize?
They own the most guns and every assault rifle was developed at their behest.

Private gun owners are among the most responsible people you can find in the US.
You never hear of them because they abide by the laws and don't injure anyone.
The media is happy to conflate a single instance of misuse of a firearm in to open condemnation of all gun owners.
For the 1 person who misuses their right there are millions who do not and quite often that 1 person has already forfeited their right by committing a felony previously.

Trying to smear the reputation of gun owners is to place blame where there is none to bear just as moderate Muslims bear none for the attack on Charlie Hebdo.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The only thing I love more than good satire is watching it go over peoples' heads. Except that makes me profoundly sad at the same time. And I see a lot of *whoosh*

Ace post op, you nailed the sentiment!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lol more don't get it lol.
I think Charlie is right some just don't get us Brits lololol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join