It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun owners - Have you apologised for a spree killing recently?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
LMFAO

I swear to god owning a gun either makes you lose half your IQ or you just had to be stupid to begin with.
Look at most of them frothing at the mouth and chomping at the bit to get on here and tell the OP how wrong he is while completely missing the point of what he was saying and ironically all of them are reinforcing his point, for those of you too incensed by the mention of guns to understand his point here it is in big capital letters

THE ACTIONS OF A CRAZY MISGUIDED FEW SHOULD NOT BE USED TO JUDGE OR PUNISH THE RESPONSIBLE, LAW ABIDING, PEACEFUL VAST MAJORITY!!!!!! THE ANALOGY USED IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT AS ITS THE POINT THAT COUNTS!!!!!

Is it clear enough for you all now?

The ignorance and venom with which these vocal gun owners come out with on these threads is as bad as the extremists brainwashed terrorists we all hate so much. Think on this for awhile guys

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You don't think they get it and are playing along? Maybe you are the one missing it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

And still people don't get the thread lol. 
Priceless :-D 
Gonna sit back and enjoy the show.

Some do get it but what a lot of us are missing is how one can equate a religious belief as the same as owning an object.
I have never seen the first babist church of Smith & Wesson or or the church of later day John deer's.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent
In my opinion, this is a classic troll thread.

Wide open for the OP to play.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I have not engaged in any kind of spree killing. I have not seen a firearm load, cock and fire itself. Firearm groups & associations don't have an obligation to initiate mass rallies. Gun owners have no obligation to apologize for the actions of others in any situation.

Gun owners are normal people. They do not have the extraordinary power of controlling the thoughts & actions of others. Therefore there is nothing to be weeded out.

The idea that everyone has the right to own a weapon is sound. There is nothing to advocate against. The laws need to be less restrictive. Anti-gun activists probably secretly support spree killings to use as ammunition to support their dictates don't they?

Firearm groups & associations have nothing to apologize for.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm not sure if nef is trolling or not, a lot of folks do paint with a big brush ie all Muslims are terrorist and all gun owners are murdering psychos. Its easier to judge all with a slanted view than to take every person with their own mind set and belief.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: My_Reality

Obviously you didn't get it.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Animals are majestic creatures and the irony is that some need to remove them from the face of the earth only to relocate their corpse into the living room.

Sport hunter mentality: I had to kill it in order to get closer and admire its beauty. Not to mention, this deer has two more points than the one my neighbor Buck just landed last week. He's going to be so jealous.

I will admit on a personal level, if something jumped out in front of my car while traveling and died, it would be categorized as an act of god. I wouldn't mind lobbing it's head off and mounting it while I feast on its dead remains. If I was killing for survival, the head would become just as useful as the body and it would have to be broken down into those useful parts; bone tools, fur, meat.

Since this is a satire thread, if I knew the animal was being destructive amongst it's own species, like it snapped and went on a killing spree, would I be a hero for shooting it or should I let nature take it's course?

On a deeper level...

When society has a hiccup and people go on killing sprees, is this in itself nature taking it's course? We are wired to kill but just choose not to in a more evolved society. I'm not sure if I'm on or near topic and apologize if not.

edit on 11-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I got it fine. I responded to uninspiring broad generalizations with equally banal generalizations of my own. Judging entire cultures for the actions of the few is idiocy. I won't do it. You go ahead and continue to use assumptions to understand your point of view.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: hillbilly4rent
In my opinion, this is a classic troll thread.

Since when is making an anaology to discuss societal trends about how people generalise when they react to controversial issues trolling?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Kind of hilarious that a small percentage are so busy defending their guns that they miss the point. LoL! Thus kind of validating the OPs satirical implication. Yummy! Irony for breakfast.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I read your disclaimer and I still am astonished there is a closet big enough to hold all the people like you.

To say even in satire that gun owners might secretly support spree killings in truly demented .

Now please, back in your closet.

edit on 11-1-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I get it.....totally agree too.

www.islam21c.com...

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

I think you missed the point.

Try reading it again, and think about current world events.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Protest killings in general, yes. Not the methods.. .that is ridiculous.

read disclaimer.. .this is Not satire!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, you are wrong.

Gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters do what they can about people misusing weapons - hurting and killing others.

We carry to stop these idiots and train other law-abiding citizens to do the same.

However the MSLM seems to be winning by showing that the guns of choice leave home at night killing and maiming all night long, then clean themselves and sneak back into their holsters and scabbards and behind the door corners. Somehow the guns get keys to unlock their cable-locks and escape into the night - even unloaded. The guns somehow find ammunition, usually black market or on the street. The guns gorge themselves on ammo, drunk with power, and the police are left to clean up the mess.

We, as citizens, have to bond together to take our errant firearms to G.A. (gunaholics anonymous) where, hopefully, the evils of ammo are exorcised from our guns. Amen.

See what I did here?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here's a question,

Do pit bulls kill people? Or do people kill people with their pit bulls? Are they wielded in a similar fashion?

Do you blame the dog? Or has the owner passed on their aggressive mentality into the animal and in turn made a weapon out of it?

Do we demonize the pit bull? Or do we blame the mentality of their owners?

See how that works?

I love guns as much as I love people!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I read it but the idea of calling all people that have kids that don't stand up to child molesters may be molesters them selves is truly a sad way to strike up a conversation that someone like the OP thinks should be discussed.

This is my opinion and you as mod should know that as diverse as ATS is a post like this is going to offended some people no matter how you try to cover its meaning.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

But its ok to cause offense to all because of freedom of speech, yes?

ETA, that is more satire, by the way
edit on 11/1/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join