It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman arrested in Florida, held on aggravated assault charge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility. The facility's website says Zimmerman is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...

From the Correctional Facility's Website

Inmate may not be bailed.

Isn't it about time people see this guy for what he is???

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

A manipulative freak with anger management issues?

No, I got all that the first time I saw him in the news.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Surely not George...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Maybe

But the verdict with the Travon martin case was right.

The prosecution made a total mess of the case. Hell he did not even need a defense, the prosecution proved reasonable doubt on its own with its total incompetence!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
George tried but failed to join the police state which lead him to a position as an independent neighborhood watch contractor. What could be wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No doubt! Can we say "Told you so!" yet?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah... NO!
Zimmerman's action continue to prove that.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It is another Domestic Violence charge it doesn't say what the weapon is.

He certainly has a history of DV charges maybe this one will stick.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Another thug with an itchy trigger finger that honestly had no business in any public law enforcement, that's all, bottom line, if you can't control your anger in normal situations, imagine what happens if you have a gun on your waist ?? we all know the answer to that, this mans problems did not surface as a result of the Trayvon Martin murder , it was there long before and possibly was the number one factor that lead to that occurring, the ego of the true bully run amok.
Good for him.
edit on 10-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility. The facility's website says Zimmerman is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...

From the Correctional Facility's Website

Inmate may not be bailed.

OH NOES ! all the recent brushes with the law have not resulted in any charges or convictions,until this current one.
HE may be a jerk but that dont mean you get tossed in jail for it.

Travon was a thug,who ended up getting dug into a 6 ft deep hole. This serves as a example though. If they want you in jail you will eventually be put there. Look at OJ as a example.

The NAACP and sharpton will finally get their way.

As for th ecurrent charges. if they are true and prosecuted THAT is all we should go on.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yeah... NO!

His actions later don't prove anything about the prosecution failing to make a case. People have to be proven guilty, which is a good thing. Even if he was guilty, he isn't the first to walk because of lack of proof.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A "failure to make a case" doesn't make a s person innocent.

What we're seeing is a trend in his behavior, that most likely was always apparent, but is only now coming to light due to his notoriety.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am not a proponent of profiling, but if you have enough on camera, police reports, and just plain track record of actions, it doth not take a rocket scientist to conclude that Zimmerman is the thug.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

What we're seeing is a trend in his behavior, that most likely was always apparent, but is only now coming to light due to his notoriety.

I will agree that his current behavior may say something about his past. I was only commenting on the trial. He does tend to display actions that make people question his intentions. He does seem to have issues...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A person can be found "not guilty" in a court of law, but that doesn't mean they are actually innocent. The prosecution didn't make the case, but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. And with all the trouble he's had with the law, involving guns, I would hope people would take a serious second look at defending their "hero". It's guys like this that give law-abiding gun owners a BAD name!

I will be eager to hear more on this case as it comes out.

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yeah, so did I. But there sure were a lot of people who have stood up for him all along, no matter how many run-ins with the law he's had.
edit on 1/10/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nor does it make him guilty.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

has been charged with aggravated assault and domestic violence with a weapon.

MyFox Tampa Bay said the 31-year-old former neighborhood watchman appeared before a judge Saturday morning. The judge set bond at $5,000 bond and ordered Zimmerman to surrender his firearms and to have no contact with the victim in the the case.

Zimmerman's attorney Don West told the Orlando Sentinel that his client was charged after allegedly throwing a bottle of wine at his girlfriend several days ago.

A drunk with a short fuse and packing a gun,what could possibly go wrong in this situation?

Since his acquittal, Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law:

-- He was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

-- Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed.

No charges were ever filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers.

-- Zimmerman has also been pulled over three times for traffic violations since his acquittal.

He needs to lay off the booze, move far away from florida, and keep a low profile otherwise he WILL end up in jail.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yeah... NO!

The the Prosecution should have done a better job.

If he walked it was due to dismal quality of Florida prosecutors.

Hell that trial was such a mess it should not have even gone to the jury the judge should have declared a mistrial.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yeah, so did I. But there sure were a lot of people who have stood up for him all along, no matter how many run-ins with the law he's had.

Having run ins with the law doesn't make someone a bad person...a dumb one yes, but not always bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
As for the current charges. if they are true and prosecuted THAT is all we should go on.

I don't think so. Not in his case. You take any case, stand it all by itself and judge it on its own merits. But when you have someone with a history of violent acts against people it needs to be presented because it establishes a pattern of behaviour.

I understand that, technically, you cannot present an act of violence to court if they were charged and acquitted, but that rule needs to change for the purpose of establishing a pattern whether or not that behaviour was criminal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join