It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman arrested in Florida, held on aggravated assault charge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

"In my "personal" opinion, the evidence of the repeated violent and anti-social behavior of Zimmerman and his highly publicized run ins with the law, indicates beyond a doubt, that the court ruling was "WRONG", and Zimmerman most certainly was the aggressor in the Martin case."

So Zimmerman is guilty because of his behavior since the trial?
Was trayvon also guilty because of his behavior before his death?
A kid that was only there because he was kicked out of school for possession of stolen property.
A kid in possession of two of three ingredients to make his drug of choice "his own Facebook posts prove that"
He was not the saint the media made him out to be, the same media that came up with a new term "white Mexican"
Did he deserve to die? No
Was it murder? No
Both sides could have prevented his death. Both sides failed to do so.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He is a fool and an idiot. He has been given so many chances in life...and he himself keeps messing them up. It is his own fault what is happening to him.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Didn't Georgie-Boy save some people in a traffic accident a little while back ?

Odd how that didn't get as much attention as this is.

Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: crazyewok

But the verdict with the Travon martin case was right.

Yeah... NO!
Zimmerman's action continue to prove that.

The the Prosecution should have done a better job.

If he walked it was due to dismal quality of Florida prosecutors.

Hell that trial was such a mess it should not have even gone to the jury the judge should have declared a mistrial.

I personally believe there was no way "they" were going to let anything endanger their precious "Stand Your Ground Law".

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Young thug deserved to die because hes a bad person, zimmerman is really a hero even if is actions prove that he is a dangerous person, yea for double standards.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well would you look at that? I think you just did!

In all fairness, other posters in here who have stated that we should only be looking at what he has been convicted of thus far, rather than what he has been charged with have a decent point. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that these charges he has been acquitted of are spurious.

However, I do not think anyone who has been paying attention really thinks that he is nearly as good as he made out he was during the Trayvon Martin death trial.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If the prosecution had gone for manslaughter instead of murder, Zimmerman would have been convicted - IMHO. Given the murder charge, the jury came back with the correct verdict.

As to Zimmerman - he's still a dude with an ego looking for trouble. He'll find it again and he'll end up in jail eventually. Any woman who goes out with him is asking for trouble.

As to Martin - he was a dude looking for trouble. He found it.

The media got caught with their agenda during the Zimmerman/Martin trial. They have been proven untrustworthy in this matter. Therefore, I'll wait and see what the real story is with this .. is he convicted or is it just hot air ?? We'll see. I won't be surprised either way.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

So it was okay to try and try and convict young Trayvon for his behavior, allowing for the justification of his murder by poor ole Zimmerman, but we can't retroactively judge Zimmerman based on his actions?

That is exactly what I see happening here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Darwin, the universe, fate, whatever, should have taken both of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The reason why Zimmerman walked away is simply because the jury was full of idiots.

No the prosecutor was a idiot.

I have watched a few trial and I have never seen such incompetence.

The fool literally handed Zimmerman defense the reasonable doubt defense.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: crazyewok

Only because of the ridiculous Florida Stand Your Ground law. The jury had no choice. By logical standards, it was murder.

Law is the law.

And I would say manslaughter rather than murder.

In fact if the prosecution had in a fraction of a brain cell they should have gone for a manslaughter.

Manslaughter was on the table at the trial.

A jury will consider a lesser charge of manslaughter as well as a second-degree murder charge against accused murderer George Zimmerman, a judge has ruled.www.cbsnews.com...

The prosecution didn't pursue the lesser charge of aggravated assault.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It was put in as a choice for the jury during deliberation but the entire trial was argued towards Murder. The case was built for murder. If the prosecution had built the case for manslaughter during the entire trial, they would have gotten the conviction ... IMHO.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So it was okay to try and try and convict young Trayvon for his behavior, allowing for the justification of his murder by poor ole Zimmerman, but we can't retroactively judge Zimmerman based on his actions?

You judged Zimmerman on his behavior after his trial. Why can't I judge trayvon on his behavior before his death? You know Zimmerman would have been convicted if he had a past history of violence.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's funny how that works out isn't it?

And of course both people could have prevented the death but only one person pulled the trigger.

Wonder if Zimmerman will go the oj route and write a book about it

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Involuntary manslaughter maybe however the case was argued as self defense. The stand your ground law/defense didn't even come into play.

Basic self defense law was the defense that was invoked at the trial under that I don't think there was a possibility of conviction on any charge.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You are 100% correct, the only thing I see problematic with that, is that police use your arrest record, possible blotter reports etc, ie (possible run-ins) with the law to conclude contrary to your logic, yes you are probably a bad person and this is how they use profiling to connect the two to easily conclude you are bad and also a criminal, regardless if you cleaned your act up.... they will never see you as a good former criminal, it doesn't work like that in the majority of cases.... the first thing that will be done in court or if stopped, is see if you have prior convictions or arrests.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I knew he was an asshole. I think he acts tough because his member is very tiny and compensating for the lack of. If you have to do this stupid # to get people to think you're a man, you probably are not one. Insecurity will be his downfall along with not growing up. Good bye to bad rubbish.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

You judged Zimmerman on his behavior after his trial. Why can't I judge trayvon on his behavior before his death? You know Zimmerman would have been convicted if he had a past history of violence.

Zimmerman did have a past history.

edit on 10-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It was put in as a choice for the jury during deliberation but the entire trial was argued towards Murder. The case was built for murder. If the prosecution had built the case for manslaughter during the entire trial, they would have gotten the conviction ... IMHO.

Was about to say the same thing.

Yeah it was on the table but the prosecution argued murder.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...
Inmate may not be bailed.

Looks like the 'deadly weapon' was a wine bottle supposedly tossed at a girl friend. And yes, he was given a $5,000 bail.

Zimmerman Arrested In Florida

Zimmerman's attorney Don West told the Orlando Sentinel that his client was charged after allegedly throwing a bottle of wine at his girlfriend several days ago.

edit on 1/10/2015 by FlyersFan because: spacing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join