It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman arrested in Florida, held on aggravated assault charge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But, I don't think George was always in Florida.

He didn't move to Florida until 2001.

The point I was trying to make is that although his father was a judge in Virginia, he wouldn't have much pull or influence in Florida where it would benefit his son.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

But, I don't think George was always in Florida.

He didn't move to Florida until 2001.

The point I was trying to make is that although his father was a judge in Virginia, he wouldn't have much pull or influence in Florida where it would benefit his son.

I'll give a maybe -- maybe not.

Ya just never know who knows who.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ya just never know who knows who.

It could happen, but usually a local judge doesn't have that kind of influence outside their state that they would have if it had happened in their state.

And your right you never know who know who...

Take for example my father...he was raised in Tampa lived there all his life, yet when we went on vacations there was always someone he knew...which always amazed me as a kid.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I guess that has to mean that he's guilty in the Trayvon case, huh? I thought past actions weren't important when analyzing present ones. Isn't that why Mike Brown's past thuggery is discounted and he's painted as "changing his life" when he was killed?

Isn't that why Trayvon being in trouble for drugs, and violence in school, was disregarded by those that stood against Zimmerman? "Trayvon was going to go to college... blah blah blah"

What a bunch of hypocritical B.S.

Zimmerman could fart in a supermarket, and make headlines for attempting to poison the public with greenhouse gases.

The verdict was 'Not Guilty'. Let it go, already.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: yuppa
As for the current charges. if they are true and prosecuted THAT is all we should go on.

I don't think so. Not in his case. You take any case, stand it all by itself and judge it on its own merits. But when you have someone with a history of violent acts against people it needs to be presented because it establishes a pattern of behaviour.

I understand that, technically, you cannot present an act of violence to court if they were charged and acquitted, but that rule needs to change for the purpose of establishing a pattern whether or not that behaviour was criminal.

No thats against the law and unfair. it would bring everything anyone has done in th e past into the trial process. no one would get a fair trial then. I like the way britain does court cases. nothing but evidence and none of this grandstanding by prosecutors and defense lawyers.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: crazyewok

But the verdict with the Travon martin case was right.

Yeah... NO!
Zimmerman's action continue to prove that.

False. The verdict was right. His actions have no bearing on that case. Whether he did it or not the evidence was not beyond a reasonable doubt, Not Guilty was the only possible verdict.

Let's focus on the current case.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I guess that has to mean that he's guilty in the Trayvon case, huh? I thought past actions weren't important when analyzing present ones. Isn't that why Mike Brown's past thuggery is discounted and he's painted as "changing his life" when he was killed?
Isn't that why Trayvon being in trouble for drugs, and violence in school, was disregarded by those that stood against Zimmerman? "Trayvon was going to go to college... blah blah blah"

The reason why it was discarded in both cases is because the shooters knew nothing of the persons they killed past history. Everyone that was crying they are thugs overlooked that part of the picture and tried to use their past to justify their getting killed. Zimmerman has already gotten into trouble several times since the shooting so he is more of a thug than Trayvon ever was.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They are both thugs with a thug mentality and I may weep for what they put their families through I won't weep for either of them.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Let's focus on the current case.

Wouldn't that have been nice? I didn't want this thread to be a re-hash of old stuff, but alas...

Zimmerman has been released on $5000 bond.

Source

Zimmerman, who wore blue scrubs and handcuffs, appeared calm during the brief hearing. At one point, he laughed and joked with an officer as he signed paperwork.

Ahh... Still the police's "buddy"... IMO, he's always acted like he's the victim in the cases he's been involved in and the other people are crazy. His victimhood can be seen in this article:

UnderNews

The neighborhood watchman who in February shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was once fired from his job as a security guard for “being too aggressive,” according to a new report.
“He had a temper and he became a liability,” he recalled. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted. … It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”
What got me wondering was that Zimmerman is blaming Martin in this case just as he blamed a woman in another case.
Zimmerman, in a petition filed the next day, painted her as the aggressor, wanting him to stay the night. As I understand it, reinventing incidents and making yourself the victim is one of the skills of a sociopath.

Raw Story

In 2005, the same year that Zimmerman lost his security guard job, he was also arrested for “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both third-degree felonies. Those charges were dropped after he agreed to enter an alcohol education program.

Always blaming others for his issues... I think the man has a personality disorder. With all the complaints there have been about him acting aggressively over the years, I would guess Antisocial Personality Disorder. And before I get slammed for my amateur diagnosis of him, it's just one person's opinion on a discussion board.

Characteristics of ASPD (Antisocial Personality Disorder)
The current criteria for ASPD, as described in DSM-IV, include a behavioral pattern that begins before age 15 and comprises at least three of the following behaviors:

Repeated criminal acts
Deceitfulness
Impulsiveness
Repeated fights or assaults
Disregard for the safety of others
Irresponsibility
Lack of remorse.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wouldn't that have been nice? I didn't want this thread to be a re-hash of old stuff, but alas...

There is no such thing as "Double Jeopardy in the Court of Public Opinion!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Personaly there never was any doubt about who Zimmerman was and he keeps enforcing that..Martin not the angelic child as pictured either..in the end only Zimmerman and Martin really know what went down that day. Zimmerman is not a quality human being.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
So it's been two weeks. Nothing new on this?

The story went from "Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon... no bail' .... to .... he supposedly tossed a wine bottle at a girl friend and bail was $5000. (not much for a bail charge).

Another case of the media blowing up a story on George Zimmerman?
Click bait for the news organization?

Looks like this is a nothing ... again ???

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join