It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman arrested in Florida, held on aggravated assault charge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
George Zimmerman is starting to make responsible gun owners who have shot unarmed black kids look bad.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Women are still dating this guy given his history toward them? Guess there is someone for everyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

So it was okay to try and try and convict young Trayvon for his behavior, allowing for the justification of his murder by poor ole Zimmerman, but we can't retroactively judge Zimmerman based on his actions?

That is exactly what I see happening here.

You judged Zimmerman on his behavior after his trial. Why can't I judge trayvon on his behavior before his death? You know Zimmerman would have been convicted if he had a past history of violence.

Zimmerman did have a past history.

Yes he did, see below.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman was arrested and charged with "resisting officer with violence" and "battery of law enforcement officer." He was 20 years old at the time and both charges are third-degree felonies.

According to the report, the charges were reduced to "resisting officer without violence" and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Msnbc.com reports that accounts indicated Zimermann shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at a bar.

Msnbc.com reports that in 2005, Zimmerman's ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a motion for a restraining order and alleged domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. Both restraining orders' were granted.

In December 2006, msnbc.com reports that Zimmerman was charged with speeding -- but the case was later dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

A drunk tussle with a cop in a bar, resulting in alcohol rehab.
Domestic violence charges, Him and his girlfriend both got restraining orders, (good luck guessing what happened there).
And a speeding ticket, I've had a few of them to.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
George Zimmerman is starting to make responsible gun owners who have shot unarmed black kids look bad.

I believe those gun owners are called police officers.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You do know his father was (maybe still is) a circuit judge, or something like that ---- anyway "connected".

There are many incidences in George's past that seem to have been dismissed, lessened, or "buried".

edit on 10-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Very well could be, but the jury would never know about that. The prosecutor and jury could only use the information that was available to them.
Again I must say that I don't believe Zimmerman was innocent, just not guilty of murder. Both parties could have avoided the confrontation so both share in the guilt.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I agree with both parties having equal guilt. It's a shame that most people don't come to that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: roadgravel
That seems to imply the past is always a mirror of the present. That isn't true. The trial result is to be based on the facts of the event, not feelings about a person.

The past CAN BE a measure of the present. Your wife cheats on you 5 times. Are you going to wipe the slate clean and trust her again, because it's "in the past"? The past can set up a pattern that's likely to be repeated. We're stupid if we don't learn from the past. Someone's going to get BURNED with this Zimmerman character if we don't learn from the past.

Yes, the trial result is based on the facts of the case, but we're not in a court of law here, and I'm not asking anyone to "admit" that the trial results were wrong, although I think they were. I'm asking people to take another look at this guy they considered a "hero". But I think I'm asking too much.

Did you share that same opinion when people were bringing up the undesirable past of Trayvon before the trial? As I recall, the pro-Trayvon side was saying that a persons past shouldnt be considered. If I recall correctly, I believe that you tended to agree with that view. But you dont agree when the tables are turned and it involves Zimmermans past?

Works BOTH ways. A view like that is right for Zimmerman, then it should be right for Trayvon or anyone else, correct?

edit on 10-1-2015 by DenyTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Very well could be, but the jury would never know about that. The prosecutor and jury could only use the information that was available to them.
Again I must say that I don't believe Zimmerman was innocent, just not guilty of murder. Both parties could have avoided the confrontation so both share in the guilt.

Yes.

I think he should have gotten manslaughter.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

His father was a Magistrate judge in Virginia and in virginia they are considered officers. They preside over misdemeanor and petty offense cases.

I guess it may be possible that his father had some pull in Florida but I think it is kind of a stretch.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

His father was a Magistrate judge in Virginia and in virginia they are considered officers. They preside over misdemeanor and petty offense cases.

I guess it may be possible that his father had some pull in Florida but I think it is kind of a stretch.

OK. I know I could have looked it up.

IMO the "Good Old Boy" network in the south has very long arms.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Karma, baby.

It got OJ. It got lots of others. And now maybe it will get this guy too.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

You are 100% correct, the only thing I see problematic with that, is that police use your arrest record, possible blotter reports etc, ie (possible run-ins) with the law to conclude contrary to your logic, yes you are probably a bad person and this is how they use profiling to connect the two to easily conclude you are bad and also a criminal, regardless if you cleaned your act up....

Trust me I know this first hand as I have had the problem of my past come up although I am far removed from those activities.

But that still doesn't mean someone is automatically a bad person because of his past... As I can show you a many men that have had problems in their past but are good people now.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Grimpachi

OK. I know I could have looked it up.

IMO the good old boy stuff doesn't fly here. I live 15 minutes away from where it happened.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

And those arms are usually local, not many local judges could have the type of pull that they could use in other states.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

IMO the good old boy stuff doesn't fly here. I live 15 minutes away from where it happened.

Being a native Floridian myself...the good ol boy network stops at the Georgia/Florida border.

Floridians aren't exactly what most in the south like to consider southerners, which is pretty odd as we are the furthest south you can get in the US.

I now reside in GA east of Atlanta and see that first hand.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And those arms are usually local, not many local judges could have the type of pull that they could use in other states.

My internet acting up. Hope this doesn't multiple post.

I'm not going to go back and look stuff up. I don't care enough to do that.

But, I don't think George was always in Florida.

edit on 10-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wiki entry

Zimmerman, 31, was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia

After graduating from high school, Zimmerman moved to Lake Mary, Florida where he got a job at an insurance agency.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Did you share that same opinion when people were bringing up the undesirable past of Trayvon before the trial?

This was not a trial of George Zimmerman vs. Trayvon Martin. So many people make that same mistake, thinking the victim was on trial. He was not. So his past was irrelevant. The states job was to prove that Zimmerman committed murder or manslaughter and they did not. There is no "both ways" about it. That was the state vs Zimmerman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join