It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: intrepid

Like I said, you tell me where I said "fine" or "justified" & I'll concede...

"Said"? No. Implied?

Here's a whacky idea...

Don't go out of your way to intentionally offend a specific group of people, & you won't pay the consequences.

Morons.

YES!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Well Isn't this convenient. What better way to keep the French Foreign Legion tied up at war with ISIS for the next decade.
All 3 gunman got away as well.. Probably CIA or Craft they will now go party tonight with strippers and blow while the US and every other nation in the world blasts 3 poor john does on the news and blames "terrorism"...

Sadly, I was having similar thoughts. So, convenient.

Not that it isn't retaliation but hasn't it been a while since the images were published? Or does this stem from an entirely new episode?

Anyways, good luck France....don't go down the same rabbit hole of fear and suspicion that we did in the U.S.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I think when you called these massacred innocent "moron" that's what pissed us all off.

They did not deserve to die and insulting the dead is pretty messed up.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Anyways, good luck France....don't go down the same rabbit hole of fear and suspicion that we did in the U.S.

They won't. There's going to be a backlash. The French don't tolerate this crap.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have noticed a change in your thinking since you have been on ATS and I can see how much your new belief has changed you I think it's called brain washing, good luck to you Charlie.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
People look very closely at the video.

-Pay attention to the cop been shoot in the head. There is no Blood?

-Pay attention to the guy running to the car on the right side. Observe that he is giving a military signal (moving out) to someone Down the road before he enters the car. Who is he giving a singnal to?

-Pay attention. Only one car left the seen. There is only one car mentioned in the News.

- Who got to the cop first?

I dont think this cop got shoot in the head. From looking at the video closely it seams like the shooter missed he's head by 25 to 30cm.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: kosmicjack

They won't. There's going to be a backlash. The French don't tolerate this crap.

Yeah that what worries me, they will go to far in the other direction

edit on 7-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I never said any of that.

I especially never said they "deserved" to die.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Context, Intrepid, context!

I never said it was fine or justified & I never implied it.

I said it can be expected, especially in this day and age of extremism.

There is a big difference.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Trust me. I got the context.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You said they were just morons for offending someone. Well.. the someone the dead "offended" kills all those who "offend" them... the newly deceased "offended" them on THAT ONE BASIS ALONE!

So no... its not "Oh gee, we will simply stop offending them" BECAUSE TO DO THAT we would have to stop living! Stop being Christians, stop smoking, stop drinking, stop wearing our choice of clothing!

In calling all these "offenders" morons, you say you support the offended party, by default.

edit on 7-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Having read a lot of people feelings going back to early 2000s I can say the same for you whenever it comes to an Islamic thread.

& given that, I don't know if the luck you send my way is genuine or not.

But thanks anyways.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

With all due respect, 9/11 didn't happen because people in the middle east were offended at jokes about Islam, they attack the West because of our adamant support of Israel and the empire we have collectively built up around the world since Colonialism...

I don't know about England, but American culture holds a distinct belief in free speech, which includes people being offensive if they choose. Others have the freedom to ignore it if they wish.

There is definitely a cause and effect at play here, but it is not the west offending the sensibilities of other peoples, but rather the complex and one sided geo-political history of Israel and the colonization of the middle east.

Did you know the first national anthem sung in Iraq was God Save the King?
edit on 7-1-2015 by SonOfThor because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actually the "morons" was intended for the "joker" & the terrorists...

I should have elaborated that clearly.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Sorry Charlie. Gotta call BS on that one:

Freedom of speech doesn't come without consequence...

Deny the holocaust in an article for a satire magazine...
See how far that gets you.

These fools brought it on themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

"Said"? No. Implied?

Here's a whacky idea...

Don't go out of your way to intentionally offend a specific group of people, & you won't pay the consequences.

Morons.

YES!

The insidious presupposition with this attitude is the labeling of somebody expression their thoughts as "going out of there way."

No, they didn't go out of there way. They typed up their thoughts and published them. Just like you're doing with your thoughts.

If other's make the decision to become angry at your thoughts, that's on them, not you.

With 7 billion people in the world, it's idiotic to self-censor your thoughts out of fear of suffering some consequence because of what somebody might believe about your thoughts.

It's WORSE when you allow those who threaten to murder people control what thoughts can be expressed. Why would you do that? Why would you want a society where those who threaten to murder innocent people dictate what thoughts you can express?

link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Others have the freedom to ignore it if they wish.

Yes they do, & I agree because personally I would ignore such ignorant "humour"...
Fire with fire & all of that...

What I pointed to, & have elaborated is that in the days of extremism, it might not be the brightest idea to offend people.
You have the right to of course, we also have the ability to think things through as Humans.

One man put others in danger, for whatever reason he thought was worthy...

Not defending this, just reminding people, who shouldn't need reminding given their intelligence levels, that some people will act out for certain reasons.

link   

I was talking about you in the last year not people who have grown in the last 10 years.

I honestly wish you luck in your future I know your still young and and immature in your thinkings (I personally think that your brain washed) but that's what growing up is all about.

link   

No you clearly didn't.

That may have been my fault for not elaborating, but nevertheless you didn't.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Look at the back peddling, it's too late Charlie your true colors have been exposed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join