It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Downturn
a reply to: spy66

Thank you for mentioning that. I was thinking the same thing. They act like trained CIA opperatives in their movements, weapons style and outfits. Did anyone watch the videos? The one where the "terrorist" takes down the cop with the AK, is it just me or did that look staged?

They dont actually act like CIA, they were not that disciplined. But i bet that they are hired guns by a CIA fraction to do this. It smells like it

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: spy66

How do you know what IS militants will wear when they carry out an attack in another Country?

of course they don't want to be identified...

Of course IS would want to be identified. That is the Whole point With terrorism. The mesage is always to tell someone a Message, and the Message Works best When its not anonymous.

Why would they shout Allahu akbar if they wanted to be Anonymous?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hi, I'm french and here it is the shock. The France is almost at war. Some journalists executed, were very famous for 40 years here in France. The newspaper that was attacked is a satirical newspaper that openly mocks religions including Islam. he was threatened often. Islamists have always said they would take revenge and this morning they arrived in editorial conference, have sought their targets and executed them shot in the head. After they shot with AK47 on employees. Here in France we have a long tradition of cartoons and freedom of expression. The republic has no connection with religion, it is forbidden to a representative of the state, to show his religion. We are very different from the US in this regard. The Islamic state declared war on us, this is the worst attentant in France for 20 years. It is a war against a new kind of monsters with esoteric ideas. The country is on high alert.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Maybe the world's media should collect all the offending materials and simultaneously publish and broadcast them for the world to see. Internet sites could each have a popup in lieu of an ad. Hacking into Al Jazeera and planting the stuff in various menus would also help demonstrate that the world does not like censorship.
This would not require armies or large amounts of money, just cooperation.

Les médias du monde entier devraient peut-être rassembler tous les matériaux incriminés et simultanément publier et de diffuser eux pour le monde de voir. Sites Internet pourraient avoir chacun un popup au lieu d'une annonce. Piratage Al Jazeera et la plantation de la substance dans différents menus serait également aider à démontrer que le monde ne aime pas la censure.
Cela ne impliquerait pas armées ou de grandes quantités d'argent, juste la coopération.
edit on 1/7/2015 by pteridine because: French version

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here's a whacky idea...

Don't go out of your way to intentionally offend a specific group of people, & you won't pay the consequences.

Morons.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Here's a whacky idea...

Don't go out of your way to intentionally offend a specific group of people, & you won't pay the consequences.

Morons.

WTF?

These scum killed 12 people and you sympathies with them?

Guess what you live in the west the expect to have your prophet mocked, the same way we mock Jesus or Buddha ect

Its called free speech and satire. .

Dammed if Muslim should get a GD exception.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The killers still at large, they are 3. They are the hunt is on. There are 12 dead, including two cops (one was shot in the head) and four people almost dead.
The Islamists are hoping that people will turn against the peacefull french muslim.

There is no discussion possible with people who think being a superior race, god blessed, who think that there is another parallel dimension in which flowing honey fountains and expect 70 virgins, and those who do not believe this must die. This is wishful thinking. It's Nazislamist. And we know how to treat the Nazis and "SS islamists" soldiers.
edit on 7-1-2015 by PenDuick because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Here's a whacky idea...

Morons.

So they are morons for using their right to free speech? "Offense" is worthy of a death sentence?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Freedom of speech doesn't come without consequence...

Deny the holocaust in an article for a satire magazine...
See how far that gets you.

These fools brought it on themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If you want to use your freedom of speech to intentionally offend people then yes you bring it on yourself.

Do we not live in a "take responsibility for your actions" society?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If you want to use your freedom of speech to intentionally offend people then yes you bring it on yourself.

Do we not live in a "take responsibility for your actions" society?

Do we allow random, fanatical idiots to be judge, jury and executioner?

ETA: Seems like people were bent out of shape with the west "policing" the ME. But this is OK?
edit on 7-1-2015 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Deny the holocaust in an article for a satire magazine...
See how far that gets you.

These fools brought it on themselves.

I always pegged you as a moderate Muslim.

The fact you defending MURDER its destroying any credibility moderate Muslims have.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Cause & Effect!!!

These terrorists will face the consequences of their actions as well.

But I'll never advocate offending people on purpose just because free speech exists.

Think of Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3...
Going into Harlem with a certain sign on his chest...

You are of course free to do something like that...
But if someone decides to shoot you for it that's tough.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ah, always nice to hear an argument which makes me laugh at how nonsensical it is when I come across it...
'We're free, but there are consequences to your actions.'

By that line of reasoning, there has never been anywhere in the world where there wasn't absolute freedom. You are free to do anything you want, anywhere you want, and we always have been. There may be consequences, though.

Don't you see how illogical it is to say that? 'Freedom' doesn't mean 'the lack of physical restraint which makes the act physically impossible.' Or else, like I said, there is no such thing as not being free, in any way, anywhere, at any time. And so freedom is meaningless.
edit on 7-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No such thing as a moderate Muslim.

There are Muslims... Who stay Islamic...
& there are people who twist the Quran to suit their agenda... That go against Islam...

There is no inbetween.

If my perspective causes people to change how they look at me, I have to deal with that.

I'm not going to change my opinion on intentionally offending people though.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Here's a whacky idea, allow specific religions to dictate what you can write and publish because you don't want to offend anyone's fragile self-image. Why not stop writing and publishing completely because someone will be offended somewhere and we wouldn't want that now, would we?
The concept of my post was that if one source is attacked for what they write, all sources will publish that material. The conclusion for the Jihadi whack jobs would be that it is better NOT to attack media organizations or the offending material will flood the world and poison the minds of the true believers. This is better than dropping bombs on them which continues the cycle of strike and counter-strike. Except for ISIS; they definitely need bombs.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So you are going to be fine when the French people and gov't get totally bent and target ALL Muslims in France? It could very well happen. Cause and effect and all.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: PenDuick
The killers still at large, they are 3. They are the hunt is on. There are 12 dead, including two cops (one was shot in the head) and four people almost dead.
The Islamists are hoping that people will turn against the peacefull french muslim.

There are probably more than Three. In the one video where the cop gets killed you can see the guy running on the right side signaling to someone Down the road before he enters the car.

- It is odd that there were no blood from the head shoot at all.

-Who is the guy signaling. He gives a military signal for moving Out. Is he signaling for People to get to the cop who is shoot before anyone else can? Only one car left the seen.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well Isn't this convenient. What better way to keep the French Foreign Legion tied up at war with ISIS for the next decade.
All 3 gunman got away as well.. Probably CIA or Craft they will now go party tonight with strippers and blow while the US and every other nation in the world blasts 3 poor john does on the news and blames "terrorism"...

link   
a reply to: TheJourney

The KKK are free to say whatever they want...
So are the NOI...

That doesn't change the fact that at any moment someone may use that freedom against them to enact revenge.

There is logic to my point, you just don't see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join