It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

"Fools" meaning the "joker" & editor...

That wasn't intended to apply to the innocent people caught up in the aftermath of their ever so funny humour.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No Charlie, now is the time to take the biggest stand of all. Not the time to cower in fear, but the time to say NO MORE!

It's time to say enough, this is evil, not time to hide in a corner and allow this evil to encompass us and take over our very souls.

I will gladly loose my life, if that life saves many. I have no fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Well you need an outside source to be brainwashed, I'm grateful for your concern...

But any decisions I've made in my life are through personal expericences.

Not listening to some Cleric with a bullhorn & a gripe for the Western world.

Btw, elaborating is not back-pedalling.

I'm not the best at conveying my true thoughts & intentions and it took me a couple of posts to do so.

I'm not inhumane in my process, just flawed.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

US government under strategist Zbigniew Kazimierz Brzezinski created with the help of Saudis FIRST organized group of Mujaheddin in Afghanistan to fight the proxy war with Russians. Anyone remember young Osama Bin Ladin.

That is a flat out lie.

Look up the Peshwar Seven, and the Tehran Eight.

The US government eh.

But WHAT the hell does that have to do with a shooting in Paris?

That was some epic trolling there.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

How do we as Humans make a "stand"?

By creating, editing & portraying an offensive cartoon?

Because out of the 1.6 billion you've offended, I'd say 99%(%) wouldn't even pay attention to such grandiose humour...

Does that change that 1%(?) will act upon it with violence?

Not really.

I agree with you OB, I just don't see how it's fought.

Perhaps you purposefully enrage that 1%(?) to get them to come out of the shadows...
But then this sort of thing happens...

It's a lose-lose in my eyes.
edit on 7-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

We are all flawed.. but in our hearts we at least know what the face of evil looks like, and whatever your personal choice is for what religion to follow, don't stand up for evil..

Stand up for what is pure and holy.. not evil Charlie. God doesn't need men to kill for HIM.. God is above such a thing. Don't let the evil into your heart and confuse you..

you know what God is somewhere in there, and its not this. Do not support this.. its not supportable. Its just not.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
By creating, editing & portraying an offensive cartoon?.

Offensive cartoon? Truth is said in satire. More like educational cartoon.
The paper kind of reminds me of a French version of South Park.
They tell the truth via absurd comedy cartoons.
People can learn from them. That's how political cartoons and satire work.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Downturn
a reply to: spy66

Thank you for mentioning that. I was thinking the same thing. They act like trained CIA opperatives in their movements, weapons style and outfits. Did anyone watch the videos? The one where the "terrorist" takes down the cop with the AK, is it just me or did that look staged?

CIA ?

Why is it that some people think the CIA is the only alphabet agenccy in the world ?

More like GIP from the house of Saud from were ISIS hails from,

The flip side of the coin Hezbollah comes from VEVAK from the House of the 'Supreme Leader'.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I agree with everything you said OB.

Profound.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Teach men the truth as you see it. The truth about God. If you don't know what that truth is, ask HIM to show you..

I asked HIM.. and HE showed me. You have to be willing to follow HIM no matter what, but HE will show you if you ask.

But if nothing else, just stand against extremism. I used to teach on the streets when Muslims would ask me questions, I would teach in the masjid... I would teach online to Muslims..

Always I taught against extremism. You can too.. at the very least you can do that. But in order to do that, you have to at least be able to recognize good and evil...

But teach the Muslims, they are the one's getting sucked into this, teach the converts.. don't teach those to whom this does not pertain.
edit on 7-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

IDK how I would have gotten through childhood without Mad Magazine.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

No it's more like racism in a cartoon. This guy was nothing but a paid racist that's how he made his living was by offending the Muslim faith. The only thing you could learn from his drawings was ignorance of a religion he didn't like.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well that was a smart move silly little islamic boys having your mind brainwashed your testosterone pumped and your head turned to face human darkness.

The french will outlaw Islamic youth groups and meetings. They don't think like America, they will just shut the lunatics down. They will deport entire suburbs, revoke citizenship and pretty much smash any remnants of the extreme religion into not being able to take hold there any more. They will not play nicely.
They will also pump up the legion, The FFL is one o the top 10 armies in the world.

As for Charlies comment. ...Talk about provoking

I'm afraid it may have shaken your place as the Islamic voice of reason on this board .
You would call people you don't know Morons, maybe the PA or lift operator got killed, maybe the weather reporter or IT guy got killed. They aren't morons. Think with empathy before you shoot your mouth off.

Morons are people that insist people think like they do, and then actually pull out a gun and kill if they don't. If someone is to be called a moron, methinks you should turn your head a little....Oh and the d"ck**ads that cry their Ipods don't work in the IS bloodbath going on they are morons too.

edit on 7-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The U.S. Embassy in France changed its Twitter picture to Je Suis Charlie, an expression of solidarity
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: SonOfThor

Others have the freedom to ignore it if they wish.

What I pointed to, & have elaborated is that in the days of extremism, it might not be the brightest idea to offend people.
You have the right to of course, we also have the ability to think things through as Humans.

Changing your actions because of what somebody else chooses to believe has only one end game.

Those who decide what is offensive control those who they threaten to kill for daring to offend them.

You think NOT offending them is going to make them give a sh!t about you?

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Downturn
a reply to: spy66

Thank you for mentioning that. I was thinking the same thing. They act like trained CIA opperatives in their movements, weapons style and outfits. Did anyone watch the videos? The one where the "terrorist" takes down the cop with the AK, is it just me or did that look staged?

CIA ?

Why is it that some people think the CIA is the only alphabet agenccy in the world ?

More like GIP from the house of Saud from were ISIS hails from,

The flip side of the coin Hezbollah comes from VEVAK from the House of the 'Supreme Leader'.

CIA, the pentagon is the founder of NATOs staybehind Groups "Gladio" where most intelligence is doing their dirty work from.

Have you really looked at the video?

- The cop is not shoot in the head. You can see that. He missed. The cop is probably plying dead.
- The shooter in black. Signals a second party Down the road before he enters the car. You can clearly see that before he enters the car. Who is he signaling to? Only one car left the seen. The signal seam military for Moving Out.

- Who got to he presumed dead cop first? Probably the men the guy gave a signal to.

- Why did the lady let the armed men in the buiding she worked in, but did not get shoot after wards?

THis is staged.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
No it's more like racism in a cartoon.

Islam isn't a race and the cartoonists have nailed absurdities with ALL sorts of groups, including the Catholic church (which has one billion people of every nationality and every race/ethnicity). It's not mindless offensiveness if what is being said exposes stupidity. When people see stupid things, they have a right to expose it. Those engaging in the stupidity could learn from the satire and political cartoons.

The victims didn't deserve to die simply because they worked with political cartoons and satire.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No it's more like racism in a cartoon. This guy was nothing but a paid racist that's how he made his living was by offending the Muslim faith. The only thing you could learn from his drawings was ignorance of a religion he didn't like.

And just were is the 'racism' at ?

Religion isn't a race.

It's a GD choice.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

More like educational cartoon.

Maybe you could point me to it's educational value.

Also, how does this make a stand against extremism?

Their Al Baghdadi cartoons do, how does a Muhammad cartoon do so?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So? What's your point?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join