It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yeah the growing backlash in Germany, and now France ?

I hate to look at what's coming for Europe.

Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

As for you Charlies comment.
I'm a bit sad you fell from Islamic voice of reason on this board .
You would call people you don't know Morons, maybe the PA or lift operator got killed, maybe the weather reporter or IT guy got killed. They aren't morons. Think with empathy before you shoot your mouth off.

I've since elaborated on the context of my wording.

I failed to do so originally & apologise.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
By creating, editing & portraying an offensive cartoon?.

Offensive cartoon? Truth is said in satire. More like educational cartoon.
The paper kind of reminds me of a French version of South Park.
They tell the truth via absurd comedy cartoons.
People can learn from them. That's how political cartoons and satire work.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

No it's more like racism in a cartoon. This guy was nothing but a paid racist that's how he made his living was by offending the Muslim faith. The only thing you could learn from his drawings was ignorance of a religion he didn't like.

And just were is the 'racism' at ?

Religion isn't a race.

It's a GD choice.

I would go on to say Religion is a cancer, and extremism merely a symptom of the disease.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Rest in Peace for victims.

About incident: I am not even coriuos, because middleeast show us Jihad is under way. Hope french gov will caught them and trial.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sadly, our own country and leaders are trying to silence us.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Rest in Peace for victims.

About incident: I am not even coriuos, because middleeast show us Jihad is under way. Hope french gov will caught them and trial.

amen, my heart breaks for them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I just use the CIA as a gernal alphabet club term, they are all the same and in bed with eachother to some degree,

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

It's not religion at play.

No it's more like racism in a cartoon. This guy was nothing but a paid racist that's how he made his living was by offending the Muslim faith. The only thing you could learn from his drawings was ignorance of a religion he didn't like.

Religion isn't a race.

It's a GD choice.

I would go on to say Religion is a cancer, and extremism merely a symptom of the disease.

Religion isn't at fault here.

It's all about men playing GOD, and claiming to know his will.

My God doesn't support killing in his name.

My God is about love, and peace.

edit on 7-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

It's not religion at play.

Religion isn't a race.

It's a GD choice.

Religion isn't at fault here.

It's all about men playing GOD, and claiming to know his will.

My God doesn't support killing in his name.

My God is about love, and peace.

You're right. I was speaking in anger, and I shouldn't have. I know religion isn't at fault but every time something like this happens I always start thinking "If religion just weren't a thing, this wouldn't have happened."

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

OK. Thanks.

I understand when extreme tragedy hits, people jump in a corner and start swinging. But patience, observation, empathy take hold on most reasonable people when the initial shock is over.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Charb, one of the caricaturists killed today was quoted saying the following after being asked if he was scared of the death threats he recieved.

"I am not afraid of retaliation. I have no kids, no wife, no car, no credit. It perhaps sounds a bit pompous, but I prefer to die standing than living on my knees."

www.lepoint.fr...

The reason I posted this is because whilst I agree with him on his freedom to express stance, the "mentality" of standing your ground for your beliefs mirrors what the other side is professing. Know what I mean?

edit on 7-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The biggest problem with those right wingers over in the ME clinging to their guns, and religion.

Is there is no 'separation' of church and state within their interpretation of Islam.

They serve as a prime example of separating politics from religion.

As it stands right now it's a marriage made in hell.

A marriage that bears nothing but death, destruction, and despotism.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: spy66

How do you know what IS militants will wear when they carry out an attack in another Country?

of course they don't want to be identified...

Of course IS would want to be identified. That is the Whole point With terrorism. The mesage is always to tell someone a Message, and the Message Works best When its not anonymous.

Why would they shout Allahu akbar if they wanted to be Anonymous?

I'm saying they covered their faces for a reason: To not be identified!!

They are still fighting for ISIS whichever way you look at it or maybe they are another group... there's plenty of options but they are definately 'Muslims' fighting for 'Mohammed' and 'Islam', you can clearly hear them say so in the videos

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So you do not support free speech? Either you do or you don't.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Charb, one of the caricaturists killed today was quoted saying the following after being asked if he was scared of the death threats he recieved.

"I am not afraid of retaliation. I have no kids, no wife, no car, no credit. It perhaps sounds a bit pompous, but I prefer to die standing than living on my knees."

www.lepoint.fr...

The reason I posted this is because whilst I agree with him on his freedom to express stance, the "mentality" of standing your ground for your beliefs mirrors what the other side is professing. Know what I mean?

No, it doesn't "mirror" it at all.

Standing your ground and expressing your own beliefs is not the moral equivalent of killing somebody for theirs.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hi all, I just felt compelled to add a comment. I am a Canadian who has lived in Algeria for the last 5 years in a 99% Muslim country. I am literally the only foreigner in sight here. In the 5 years I have been here, I have observed too much to convey, but I will say one thing, the majority of Muslims here have been nothing but kind, in fact, they put me first before themselves. They may not have money, they may be oppressed, they may not have the best education but most are God-loving, PEACEFUL people. I walk the streets alone, and I am not so much as looked at anymore. I was in hospital and diagnosed with diabetes for 4 days recently, the hospital had nothing, blood on the walls and floors, stained sheets, but the people looking after me, gave me every antibiotic and resources they had. In fact they felt it was their obligation more so to me then others. I have witnessed alot of things here, but I will tell you real Muslims do not condone violence, they are normal people, and I will speak on behalf of Algerians who are a main inhabitant of France as immigrants, that #Iamcharlie. I will also say one more thing, terrorism does scare people, Muslims included. Alot don't speak up out of fear. I am puzzled truly about how these barbaric monsters ISIS could possibly be seen by anyone as Muslims. They are liars, please don't fall for this BS. The majority of Muslims do not care about a political cartoon. They ignore it just like anyone else.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To explain the history of this:

There is no Quranic scripture which prohibits depictions of Muhammad...
Shia Muslims often depict images of Muhammad...
The ideology may be in relation to the Commandment from Prophet Moses of "No graven Images" but that is debated heavily...
Historically it's been a questioned ideology & is also based in the idea of Idolatry re the Ten Commandments.

A lot of Muslims wouldn't find depictions of Muhammad to be offensive.

A lot of the ones who would, wouldn't react violently either.

It's a backward notion that dwells within extremist mindsets...
It could be argued that extremists have reacted to less, but that would be based on opinions or semantics.

Whoever did this will pay, in this life most probably, in the next certainly.

edit on 7-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The biggest problem with those right wingers over in the ME clinging to their guns, and religion.

Is there is no 'separation' of church and state within their interpretation of Islam.

They serve as a prime example of separating politics from religion.

As it stands right now it's a marriage made in hell.

A marriage that bears nothing but death, destruction, and despotism.

Agreed 100% wholeheartedly. Wow, I think this an ATS first! Neo and Railgun hand in hand, agreeing on stuff!

This is a textbook example of what happens when government and religion mix. Nothing good has ever come of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
oil pricses already rising???

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Clearly I do, & I use mine to share my opinion.

My opinion that with freedom of speech, especially when intended to offend, may cause a reaction whether justified or not.

I don't think its that hard to understand either despite the song & dance that has happened since I made my point.

How do people feel about me using my freedom of speech the way I did?
Do they feel offended?
Does a part of them want to hurt me?

That's a possible consequence of my actions isn't it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join