It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

RAID??

I honestly would have thought that they would have got GIGN to go in for the final assault with RAID in support.

RAID would also make sense though.
edit on 9-1-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah it's all over they're saying on the news.
There was gunfire, explosions and possibly stun grenades and then..... silence.
They're now saying the suspects have been killed.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
BBC reporting that threats killed and some hostages freed at both locations? Multiple entry points created and synchronised at both locations. Similar to the Iranian Embassy seige in London.
edit on 9/1/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/1/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Its believed that the shooters had come out firing (Not confirmed) The 1 hostage they where holding had been freed, Its thought that the explosions we heard where distraction bombs "flash grenades" i think?

A helicopter landed on the unit while the raid was taking place

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Confirmed 1 Hostage taker has been killed in the Super Market,

news.sky.com...
edit on 9-1-2015 by asala because: to add link

Two Charlie Hebdo attack suspects in Dammartin-en-Goele killed by security forces - govt source

2 Police persons injured in the process.

edit on 9-1-2015 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Lets hope none of the cops or hostages got hurt in the assaults,and that France can come out of this strong and united against fanatics.

It is amazing and scary how as little as 4 fanatics can cause such chaos in a country.
Sadly,this will be seen as a major victory by other fanatics,and will probably inspire them to carry out other attacks in the future.

How do you fight an ideology who see their own death as a victory?
I wish someone could come up with a good stratagey,because I don't think we in the west have so far.

Poking them in their hornets nest of the middle east seems counter productive,to say the least IMO.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For those who can read french (or use a translator) this article is pretty disturbing. It reflects my personal take on things-
I think we are in for more in the future.

[url]http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/monde/proche-moyen-orient/daech-se-prepare-pour-le-plus-grand-nettoyage-religieux-de-l-histoire_1634874.html[/ur l]
edit on 9-1-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reports coming it that 4 hostages have been killed in the supermarket, My thoughts are with there familys,

According to police sources:
edit on 9-1-2015 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: asala

Just read the same.

Very sad day if confirmed.

God Bless them all.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

edit on 9-1-2015 by ecossiepossie because: double post due to cat

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hmm Wheres the female suspect??? Hopefully she has not escaped but so far no news on her whereabouts.... which leads me to believe she may either be dead in the building or they cant find her..

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hopefully
There will be no or minimum inoccent victims from this operation.
I am all for freedom of information when it does not endanger lifes.Or give the terrorists usefull information.

Just reported at least 4 dead hostages at the kosher supermarche.

Given the ease that athourites have reported they were able to disrupt the mobile phone signals .
I predict terrorists will conduct any future joint attacks using citizens band radios coms.

Also the fact they can hack into the cctv used for security against robberies shoplifters ect/
Will ensure the destroy or cover up all cameras

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tragic news to hear that 4 hostages have been killed.
It must be hell for the police to know they have no other options than to go in,knowing hostages could die.
But what else could they do?

Horrible that we have to share this planet with the sub human filth which is fanaticism in this day and age.

RIP to all the fallen citizens of France.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wolf Blitzer: "Damnit!! It's over....we can only report on it for another 3 days now.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: asala
UPDATE: The 2 brothers who launched the attack "may" have just been killed Awaiting Confirmation! According to live wire news reports.

I hope no one in history remembers their names.
That they become faceless criminals, seen as psychotic murderers not martyrs.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
4 hostages killed in the supermarket before the police stormed in and killed the gunman.

www.bbc.co.uk...

RIP
edit on 9-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Claims are being made that the 18 year old (who turned himself in) is reported to have been in class when the attack went down by other students. Misinformation (as usual) abounds early on. Is the report about him being in class, or him being one of the murderers the actual misinformation?

So if this kid was in fact in class and has witnesses to prove it then who's idea was it to put blame on him? Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

So if this kid was in fact in class and has witnesses to prove it then who's idea was it to put blame on him? Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?

Why not wait until all the information is in?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I am waiting like everyone else. Can't help runaway thoughts though. Like I said, makes you wonder..that's all I'm doing.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: asala
Hmm Wheres the female suspect???

News here reports she escaped.

Hayet Boumeddiene, 26, is said to be "armed and dangerous" after she fled the scene of a kosher supermarket in Vicennes, Paris where at least five people were killed today.

Boumeddiene reportedly held up to 15 people hostage with her boyfriend Amedy Coulibaly...

tvnz.co.nz...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join