It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Paris magazine Charlie Hebdo

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the heart of it is that there is a sizable amount of islamic supporters in the country of France (and perhaps beyond) providing aid, cover, and shelter to these fugitives. And these terrorists by association need to, likewise, be found and rooted out lest they become purveyors of the next major attack like this.

In a perfect World, this would fall on the greater islamic community there (who are hopefully as horrified and disgusted with the actions of these terrorists as the rest of the World right now) to report suspicious activity and/or any knowledge of the whereabouts of these two to the authorities immediately. Make no mistake, there are several peers of these two brothers that know more than they are telling right now, and that is where this man hunt and investigation needs to begin.

If the islamic community cannot bring themselves do this, then every mosque in France needs to be infiltrated (either covertly or through their front doors) and pumped for information until these two are found. It behooves them, however, to comply with authorities and tell everything they know about these two heartless murderers, lest they further alienate themselves from the rest of civilized France with their subsequent perceived justification of these senseless killings.

The smart play at the end of the day, however, is for the mosques to play an integral role in bringing these killers to justice. That would be the most effective way to start the healing process on all sides from this senseless tragedy and attack on our freedoms in civilized society.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubilation T Cornpone

Do you know how many People 90 000 is?

90 000 military police is out hunting these men around Paris/France.

It would be very very difficult for anyone to hide or move them around to different safe houses/locations without being cought or spotted.

This event have become so big now, that there cant be any doubt that someone from the inside is coordinating the movment of these two in Junction With the 90 000 men looking for them. The odds of these two knowing at all times where the police are at this Level is not possible without serious inside help at a high level.

Two men armed With RPGs and what ever else is very easy to spot from a long distance.

They got to be very fitt and damned well organized to keep this up at this Level, even With the help of their Cultural community helping them. Even if the Cultural community is helping them it is not possible for them to know every move 90 000 police are going to make at all times.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper

originally posted by: Cropper

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Sorry guys I'll catch up soon just wanted to say

Shooter remember to pick up shoe by car

Forgets Id in said stolen car

Does this remind any one of something?

Maybe a passport that fell from the sky?

Who's shoe did he pick up?

The reason I mention this is because I thought the shoe fell off the gunman as he got out of the car, but it didn't, he is clearly seen wearing both shoes as he runs down the road... ?

Non descript shoes and clothes to change outfit and disappear ...?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: Jubilation T Cornpone

Do you know how many People 90 000 is?

90 000 military police is out hunting these men around Paris/France.

It would be very very difficult for anyone to hide or move them around to different safe houses/locations without being cought or spotted.

This event have become so big now, that there cant be any doubt that someone from the inside is coordinating the movment of these two in Junction With the 90 000 men looking for them. The odds of these two knowing at all times where the police are at this Level is not possible without serious inside help at a high level.

Two men armed With RPGs and what ever else is very easy to spot from a long distance.

They got to be very fitt and damned well organized to keep this up at this Level, even With the help of their Cultural community helping them. Even if the Cultural community is helping them it is not possible for them to know every move 90 000 police are going to make at all times.

I don't agree, I think this is the needle in a haystack situation. Rural France is full of tiny roads, villages and spots to hide, and even without help it's easy to disappear.

Now I guess this is a matter of different opinions, I just think you don't picture the fact that people wanted do disappear and are sometimes never caught, whether they're basic or high-profile criminals.

Anyway, I'm glad they've eventually been found. Let's hope no hostages/cops get killed.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Jokatgulm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Thanks, Vic, Star!

LOL yeah, fine tuning is needed, that's for sure...

I agree to an extent, practice free speech, but maybe be a little
more respectful to such sensitive issues, I guess.

If I understand Islam just a tiny bit, there are two main and
differing interpretations of the Q'uran [ did I spell that right? ],
One is Shia and the other is Sunni...

God help the world if they ever team up and all radicalize!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jokatgulm

Looks like it is still ongoing...more hostages and 2 dead.

m.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

I'll give ya a star, also.

Hold on a min, I read it, and you make a darn fine point.
The USA is by no means perfect, but I honestly think we strive.

Geez, I hate to give you ammo for your own argument, but in
agreement with part of what you say, I guess we are guilty of
something I am only recently becoming aware of- The installation
of the Shah of Iran in the 50's...

And after decades of resentment, in 1979, the embassy was taken
over and many Americans held captive for 444 days. Pres Carter
could do nothing. His rescue attempt failed. Reagan took office,
and they were freed !

So, I guess we have meddled in the Middle east, sort of 'kicked the
hornet's nest' too long, and now face ISIL.

The news is now saying the French police have the two suspects
surrounded in a print facility .

Later.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: screwey

The two men are holed up and have a hostage however are in talks with the police.

Another man has killed 2 people and has 5 hostages in a Jewish supermarket. Unsure of the links, media reporting loose links that the man may know the 2 gunmen.
edit on 9/1/2015 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No offence to any of our French ATS members...but...Obama refuses to call THIS terrorism? But they are calling it terrorism in France? Considering the jokes that float around about the French government being too quick to surrender (said nice enough?), how much of a jerk and clueless does Obama look? How does it feel to know that Obama (and our government) is gutless when the French call it like it is. This ass is a coward, liar and embarrassment to the USA.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet but French Security forces (GIGN?) have moved in to the building and gun shots and flash bangs have been hared.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
6 explosions at the super Market, 7-8 secounds in total, Police seem to be rushing around near the market area, via live tv

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is not an Obama hatred thread. Secretary of State John Kerry has explicitly called this an act of terrorism. The current administration has always attempted to distance itself from the previous administration, which tossed the word "terrorism" about as though it were a nerf ball.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Entries at both locations. Gunfire and flash bangs. One way or the other, it's over. Now it's a matter of counting bodies.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Phone signals are now being scrambled in the area of the kosher supermarket ( I'm surprised this was not done sooner)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is not an Obama hatred thread. Secretary of State John Kerry has explicitly called this an act of terrorism. The current administration has always attempted to distance itself from the previous administration, which tossed the word "terrorism" about as though it were a nerf ball.

Sorry...but that response was about as weak as what OUR LEADER said.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
UPDATE: The 2 brothers who launched the attack "may" have just been killed Awaiting Confirmation! According to live wire news reports.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
things are very confusing just now, I have 3 different news stations on all reporting that there is a operation under way but with some different details.

Things are obviously very confusing, i doubt we will get a good idea of what exactly has gone down until the smoke dies down.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: asala
UPDATE: The 2 brothers who launched the attack "may" have just been killed Awaiting Confirmation! According to live wire news reports.

Just just heard the same thing.

The Brothers had said they wished to be Martyrs so Suicide by cop would get them that

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is news coming in on live wires that several hostages have freed after the several explosions,

news.sky.com...
edit on 9-1-2015 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
UPDATE: hostage in Dammartin is safe!!! The two brothers were killed.

Two RAID policemen severely injured in Paris.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join