It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

wow...you know the political makeup of a random restaurant?....you must be an extra special person too great for our meager minds.

If you are unable to deduce that the Gramercy Park section of Manhattan is decidedly more liberal than the majority of the country then I do not hold out much hope you will be able to engage the rest of us in a productive conversation on this topic.

edit on 6-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Bring back the Limelight

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

“ATTN WHITE Man, I have no guilt disturbing your brunch. Its YOU that has no right to be here. #blackbrunchnyc”

Really I have 'no right' to be here?

That's funny since I can trace my family ancestry to the 1600s before there ever was a US.

On my mothers side.

Hell over the Christmas holiday I found out that on my dad's side one of my ancestors was a cherokee scout for Washington.

'No right' to be here eh.

There are MILLIONS of descendents like me who have EVERY RIGHT.

More curious, who died and left them in charge of who has a right to be ANYWHERE?

Weed supposedly kills brain cells, right? lol

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Jamie1

Well since you made the distinction, both. Start with my thoughts. Why are my thoughts and posts important enough for you to make conclusions about "campaigns" you think I started, or to think I have some sort of dishonest agenda?

I'll start with thoughts - in general. The main reason why I am here at ATS (or reading comments anywhere else on the internet) is that I love to hear what people are thinking - always have. I also love the interaction - the exchange of ideas - and of course the arguing :-)

This is obviously also the answer to why I'm interested in your thoughts

As to your campaign - it's fairly obvious. One need only look at the threads you've made, so - let's not bother with that. You have a point you'd like to make - you've made it several times over. What else can we call that but a campaign? :-)

I never said that you had a dishonest agenda, so again - your perception (and the story you keep telling yourself) is missing it's mark - your agenda seems pretty straight forward actually - obvious - and honest

What I did say is that that one reply was not actually honest - and not in keeping with your personal philosophy (so far as you have been promoting it here at ATS) - and so your argument at that point lacked a certain amount of integrity

Either that - or you believe that some people have the right to feel offended - and other people should just shut up

Circumstance and differing priorities make that determination - but that's never a part of your argument - is it?

:-)

We're probably very much alike in our values and intent, while our life experiences and beliefs may be very different.

Of course, everybody has a right to be offended. Everybody has a right to be angry, sad, depressed, suicidal, stressed out, whatever.

My point is that anger is a choice. Being offended is a choice.

Real world problems still need to be solved. Looking for solutions from a place of being angry or offended may lead to only seeing solutions that one might have been conditioned to use while in those states of anger or being offended.

Anger often leads to seeing "power god" solutions in which the angry person sees no other solution than to force their will on others, against their will. Ex: Burning down buildings, protesting in restaurants.

Maybe those solutions will produce the desired results, maybe not. Maybe in a state of anger or being offended one doesn't even have an awareness of the desired result, other than they want to feel better emotionally because they've taken on some belief about the external world that's caused them to be angry or sad or upset or whatever.

I'm still not sure what you think was dishonest about my other reply. I was speculating on what I might do in a hypothetical situation you proposed. How can that even BE dishonest? I'm just typing out what came to my head imagining myself in that situation.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yep here is some proof of it.

Once upon a time in 'Merika it use to be 'Can't we all just get along'.

Now it's chants of death, and 'protesting', and disturbing brunches.

Elsewhere in 'Merika like Chicago, Detroit, and New York. Aka progressive utopia's.

AA's are gunned down every day mostly by other AA's.

And there's nothing, but silence.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Elsewhere in 'Merika like Chicago, Detroit, and New York. Aka progressive utopia's.

So let's blame it on weed instead of the myriad other problems looming large in the U.S. right now?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

We're probably very much alike in our values and intent

I don't happen to agree

I will agree that we both have (separate) agendas - you'll have to satisfy yourself with that

I'm still not sure what you think was dishonest about my other reply. I was speculating on what I might do in a hypothetical situation you proposed. How can that even BE dishonest? I'm just typing out what came to my head imagining myself in that situation.

Let's just say it has something to do with real world problems and let it go - this has nothing to do with your OP, which - if I remember correctly - began with you making a special plea. You asked us to consider that you were not race baiting and that we were only here to discuss the story

All off the rails now - but, maybe you can get us back on track again?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
one of these days, you folks will hearken to my theory on why all this is working out like it is and think "crap, remember that lady on ats who said www.abovetopsecret.com...

notice all the angry posters in that thread. but it's all true! when people are suffering from generational abuse, which is true regardless of racial background, they don't get better if not given proper medical attention. sticking violent criminals in the prison system, many of whom are actually mentally ill and suffering from post traumatic disorder, is the equivalent of medical malpractice of the highest magnitude.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

So let's blame it on weed instead of the myriad other problems looming large in the U.S. right now?

It was a joke. Playing into the stoner stereotype, kind of like Cheech and Chong do, Chris Rock, and a million other comedians that make jokes about people who smoke too much weed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

It was a joke. Playing into the stoner stereotype, kind of like Cheech and Chong do, Chris Rock, and a million other comedians that make jokes about people who smoke too much weed.

Ah. I must've misinterpreted the post, then. My apologies.

link   
Couldn't have said it better myself.

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We're probably very much alike in our values and intent

I don't happen to agree

I will agree that we both have (separate) agendas - you'll have to satisfy yourself with that

Let's just say it has something to do with real world problems and let it go - this has nothing to do with your OP, which - if I remember correctly - began with you making a special plea. You asked us to consider that you were not race baiting and that we were only here to discuss the story

All off the rails now - but, maybe you can get us back on track again?

I'll address your question and get the thread on topic of the OP.

If I was sitting in a restaurant, and the reason I went there was to enjoy myself, and protesters came in, I would still enjoy myself by engaging with the protesters, talking with them, hearing what they have to say. I do it all the time. It's really fun.

To the point of the OP, the protesters going into restaurants to intentionally disrupt people eating lunch, I have no idea what their outcome is.

Do they even have a specific outcome they're trying to address? How will they know when to quit protesting? When will they have what they want?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
wouldn't the powers that be crap their collective pants if we all just suddenly stood in solidarity with the inner city blacks, not on the subject of out of control cops as the sole objective for solutions (cause obviously there needs to be solutions for most social ills), but just because we care about them, as human beings and our fellow countrymen and women? they are being taught that their american compatriots hate them! this is simply not true. we should prove it isn't true, like in a massive way, in one big voice, to be heard around the world.

instead, everyone is going around being offended and not actual hearing the raw emotion and seriousness of the situation, that has inspired the problem. it's like a couple going thru a nasty divorce because they have never actually learned how to communicate effectively with each other. they are both hurt, that's all they know. but we can rise above that situation!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
maybe we could get those anonymous guys to make a bunch of videos and spread them all over the world, expressing our love for the inner city poor and in particular the inner city blacks because they are being abused by the system that is currently abusing everybody (it's just harder on the desperately poor and those suffering from violence driven trauma (police in those areas have same problem - that's not an easy job to do, nor an easy place to live. in fact, the inner cities are not fit for human habitation of any kind. we treat people with a broken finger better, when mental and emotional trauma is many times worse (for everyone it effects).

most of that is the result of lack of understanding of brain injuries and mental /emotional trauma IS a brain injury.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Ah. I must've misinterpreted the post, then. My apologies.

No problem! Sometimes I make stupid sophomoric jokes out of context at inappropriate times. Just being honest.... lol

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
maybe we could get those anonymous guys to make a bunch of videos and spread them all over the world, expressing our love for the inner city poor and in particular the inner city blacks because they are being abused by the system that is currently abusing everybody (it's just harder on the desperately poor and those suffering from violence driven trauma (police in those areas have same problem - that's not an easy job to do, nor an easy place to live. in fact, the inner cities are not fit for human habitation of any kind. we treat people with a broken finger better, when mental and emotional trauma is many times worse (for everyone it effects).

most of that is the result of lack of understanding of brain injuries and mental /emotional trauma IS a brain injury.

That's a very beautiful thought and vision.

If we really wanted to accomplish that, we don't need anonymous. We could make it like that stupid water bucket challenge.

Post a video saying something like, "If you're watching this right now, you don't know me. I don't know you. We're strangers. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and sending unconditionally love and blessings."

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

what say you, jamie1. can we solve this entire "negative" direction the story is being driven in by an outpouring of love and compassion? certainly being on the defense and offense is not going to resolve it. we all know that. good, strong, lasting, humane relationships start with people caring about each other as something other than dollar bill signs or votes at the voting booth. all the political stuff pales in comparison to the magnitude of human suffering already existing on the planet and threatening to spread like wild fire, everywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

that's a good start. we need to do more, though. i'm trying to figure out how. i mean, really shake the tree of human kindness for the good fruit. thinking.. thinking.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
crap, i wish i knew more about how the system works with programs like go fund me or something to that effect. we need a neutral third party, and then both conservatives and democrats (and independents, communists, what have you) and people from around the world, could pitch in to the fund, to be used expressly for resolving the problems currently besetting the inner cities.

for example, it doesn't help to throw money at a problem, when there's not enough to actually fix the problem. it just takes the sting out, for a few moments, and then it's right back again. that's what you call a vicious cycle. and it doesn't help if all the people it is meant to benefit, don't know any other way to live. that's another vicious cycle. it needs to have a metric ton of attention and help. like a mammoth project, that out scopes anything we've witnessed in history. i dare say, many of those people would not know how to respond. many would just break down and cry, out of joy, anger, confusion. but it would be healing, and that's what we need. that's what they need, too. and lots of it.

mental health issues are not appropriately addressed in the medical community nor at the legal level, such as the prison system. violent criminals in prison should be in mental health facilities for treatment and healing, rather than the worst possible place to be put if you're mentally ill or have emotional trauma. we wouldn't do that to our worst enemies, much less our fellow citizens. how we have managed to go along with the idea that mentally ill and emotionally ill people should be in those hell holes called prison, is beyond me. that's just cruel and inhumane. we are better than that as a nation. remember? i do.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
crap, i wish i knew more about how the system works with programs like go fund me or something to that effect. we need a neutral third party, and then both conservatives and democrats (and independents, communists, what have you) and people from around the world, could pitch in to the fund, to be used expressly for resolving the problems currently besetting the inner cities.

for example, it doesn't help to throw money at a problem, when there's not enough to actually fix the problem. it just takes the sting out, for a few moments, and then it's right back again. that's what you call a vicious cycle. and it doesn't help if all the people it is meant to benefit, don't know any other way to live. that's another vicious cycle. it needs to have a metric ton of attention and help. like a mammoth project, that out scopes anything we've witnessed in history. i dare say, many of those people would not know how to respond. many would just break down and cry, out of joy, anger, confusion. but it would be healing, and that's what we need. that's what they need, too. and lots of it.

mental health issues are not appropriately addressed in the medical community nor at the legal level, such as the prison system. violent criminals in prison should be in mental health facilities for treatment and healing, rather than the worst possible place to be put if you're mentally ill or have emotional trauma. we wouldn't do that to our worst enemies, much less our fellow citizens. how we have managed to go along with the idea that mentally ill and emotionally ill people should be in those hell holes called prison, is beyond me. that's just cruel and inhumane. we are better than that as a nation. remember? i do.

Yes, you're exactly right. Google the Robin Hood Foundation. It's what they've been working towards in NYC. Amazing organization, founded by Paul Tudor Jones. Of course PTJ is an evil hedge fund billionaire, so immediately everybody is going to pre-judge him and perpetuate the us vs. them world they live in.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

crud. i thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel for a minute. every established charitable organization has a ton of political enemies and a boatload of well paid executives, running them. those would just complicate it. what's a good neutral party to do this?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join