It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
maybe the fire department? they don't arrest people or shoot/beat/abuse people or steal from them, or harrass them and they are from potentially every political party and nation in the world. and they are nice, heroic, even. i see tiny spot of light down the tunnel, hopefully it's not a train.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: jimmyx

wow...you know the political makeup of a random restaurant?....you must be an extra special person too great for our meager minds.

If you are unable to deduce that the Gramercy Park section of Manhattan is decidedly more liberal than the majority of the country then I do not hold out much hope you will be able to engage the rest of us in a productive conversation on this topic.

I think you can tell the diners were white liberals because if they weren't, they probably wouldn't have sat there, meekly allowing these "activists" to intrude on their lunch.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

wow...you know the political makeup of a random restaurant?....you must be an extra special person too great for our meager minds.

If you are unable to deduce that the Gramercy Park section of Manhattan is decidedly more liberal than the majority of the country then I do not hold out much hope you will be able to engage the rest of us in a productive conversation on this topic.

I think you can tell the diners were white liberals because if they weren't, they probably wouldn't have sat there, meekly allowing these "activists" to intrude on their lunch.
I believe someone made an analogy to "A roadside steakhouse in Texas". Just imagine if this had taken place there.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Jamie1

crud. i thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel for a minute. every established charitable organization has a ton of political enemies and a boatload of well paid executives, running them. those would just complicate it. what's a good neutral party to do this?

There is no such thing as a "neutral" party because neutrality is up to the perception of those involved. If those involved with the "black lives matter" movement perceive "all lives matter" as being disrespectful, they will probably find anything you're talking about doing condescending and disrespectful.

Why?

Because their outcome is not aligned with your outcome. You want them to feel loved and be happy, they use their indignation and perpetual victimoood to bully others into doing what they want them to do.

From my perspective, the only way it would work is by showing up in the neighborhoods, going there and just being real with the people and letting them know you care. It's a one person at a time thing.

Maybe I'll do that tonight.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I believe someone made an analogy to "A roadside steakhouse in Texas". Just imagine if this had taken place there.

Hell, they could have just went over to the Iron Horse on Cliff Street and screamed at all the dudes with their road colors on.

Great fun.

edit on 6-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I must say, all of this recent tension around the states being blamed on "race" is absolutely absurd. Such a small amount of these recent problems are due to race. This is a problem with the human race as a whole! People constantly ranting about how "Black lives matter!" and such is frustrating to me. All lives matter! There is a problem with the way HUMANS treat other HUMANS. Not with how other races treat blacks or vice versa. I don't mean to be stereotypical here, but we are all one. The sooner people realize that, the sooner this sh*t will stop happening.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
I would eat my brunch. I love brunch. They can prance about like jackasses all they want. No one stop me from a brunch.

Me too.

I've eaten unperturbed through some of the best screamers on the planet yelling at me and trying to disturb my calm - and my meal. It's all fine until they reach for me, or towards my meal.

That's when the fun starts. This is no lie - I had to go get all new silverware once to finish the meal because my fork was sticking out of the back of some guy's hand.

Stand back and yell all you want, but reach into my space and you're going to have a much better reason to be yelling.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Jamie1

It is not hard to know what would happen. They would call the police and then the protesters would have been forced to leave and if they stayed after managment asked them to leave then charges could be filed.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

any results? maybe a video project could kick start it. something where people can contribute to it in an ongoing fashion, and then have it linked to a go fund me for whatever organization seems the most logical and willing to distribute the help. but i don't want anything to do with the financial/political aspect (other than donating to the cause).

something has to happen as it is in crisis mode, atm. similar to when we have had outpourings of love and support for people in other impoverished areas of the world, or in times of disaster. and it would have to be a bi-partisan effort so these people are not treated like a political football, but as human beings in need to solutions for their predicaments.

my edit starts here:

the fire department seemed like the most logical approach because fire depts are in every city, have their own fund raising events and therefore, have the infrastructure for something of this magnitude (locally, at least). they also have accounting depts that can keep track of things like donations and have government linkages for directing projects to the areas in question.

first thing i think they would need is vertical farms, where the people can go and get decent food. part of emotional well being is physical well being. that starts with decent food. maybe a "you pick it" set up, where they can go to the vertical farm, are issued a basket and then can pick the foods they need for feeding themselves or their families. maybe have one floor per crop type, and one basket for each floor.

then perhaps a medical clinic in each city, that specifically focuses on dealing with mental and emotional problems. have it be set up so that it represents the various ways a person can heal from trauma, such as mainstream approaches and alternative approaches. many alternative medicines/therapies, offer ways to help people become less addicted to hard core drugs or completely healed of addictions. if the drug lords are no longer interested in taking drugs or the people themselves are no longer interested, that source of problem creating would be lessened significantly. in lieu of their marketing choice (drug dealing), perhaps offer them the opportunity to open stores/shops which distribute the needed meds to their communities. and then give their stores all the same benefits that the mega corps get, including tax shelters and other financial relief.

and truthfully, they need to just legalize many drugs, as they are personal choices. that would cut down on the prison population by a large margin, allowing the injured (self-inflicted or not) to seek or receive, real help. prisons are not healing places - they are trauma factories.

edit on 7-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

any results? maybe a video project could kick start it. something where people can contribute to it in an ongoing fashion, and then have it linked to a go fund me for whatever organization seems the most logical and willing to distribute the help. but i don't want anything to do with the financial/political aspect (other than donating to the cause).

something has to happen as it is in crisis mode, atm. similar to when we have had outpourings of love and support for people in other impoverished areas of the world, or in times of disaster. and it would have to be a bi-partisan effort so these people are not treated like a political football, but as human beings in need to solutions for their predicaments.

I don't know.... Let me sleep on it. Sometimes the solution will appear once you start focusing on the desired outcome.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

i edited my previous post (added more to it). i'd be interested in your response

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
p.s. and call it "the phoenix", with a fiery phoenix rising from the ashes (linking the fire dept idea to the healing of the people, resurrecting to renewed life and health) . i even designed a t-shirt logo, years ago, for a t-shirt competition, that kinda has the same theme

(yeah i know someone else could do a better job of it lol. it was a concept art for silk screening on a t-shirt. )
edit on 7-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think that those tolerant, stupid White Liberals should invite all those loud mouths to sit down and join them while they are enjoying their brunch.

How about they put their money where their mouth is? I think they should buy every single one those blabbering fools a plate of Eggs Benedict and fried potatoes.

Just don't forget to add avocado to the Eggs Benedict, Preferably with the sauce on the side, and a cold glass of orange juice to wash it all down. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

maybe we could get them to invest in "the phoenix" idea i posted above? i bet they would and that'd be a good thing, methinks.

see what everyone is trying desperately to understand but is somehow missing, is that these people are suffering from generational poverty and traumatic disorders that have been handed down for generations, as well. this is found in all generationally impoverished populations, regardless of race. however, because of the unique position of blacks in america as a result of the past, they are almost exclusively populating the worst places to live in the country - the inner cities. this is where the police have the most difficulty, resulting a downward spiral for everyone - the people, the police, and the populations who don't live in the inner cities are being asked to pay attention to their CURRENT situation. i think that's a fair request. we all agree, i'm sure, that the current situation in the world, is not good for anybody and it's even worse for the poorest amongst us.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Well on a more serious note, yes the situation is clearly a recipe for disaster. I don't see it getting better anytime soon either. Not sure if there really is a solution at this point. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

p.s. and call it "the phoenix", with a fiery phoenix rising from the ashes (linking the fire dept idea to the healing of the people, resurrecting to renewed life and health) . i even designed a t-shirt logo, years ago, for a t-shirt competition, that kinda has the same theme

(yeah i know someone else could do a better job of it lol. it was a concept art for silk screening on a t-shirt. )

Very nice!

Maybe you can start with a FD in your own community. Who knows? It might catch on!!

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: SheopleNation

maybe we could get them to invest in "the phoenix" idea i posted above? i bet they would and that'd be a good thing, methinks.

see what everyone is trying desperately to understand but is somehow missing, is that these people are suffering from generational poverty and traumatic disorders that have been handed down for generations, as well. this is found in all generationally impoverished populations, regardless of race.

I think it's important to put the "poverty" in context.

There are billions of people in the world happily living on much less than the poorest people in America. There are millions of people who worked their way out of the inner city, black and white.

Two of my closest friends are living in suburbs, renting a house together with a few other guys, and they managed to get out of the inner city. It's not that hard to pay $800 a month rent for a house. If my friends can do it, anybody can. I'm not even sure they graduated from high school, and I know they never went to college.

There are millions of people of all races who could be described as being victims of "generational poverty."

Making excuses and lowering the standards for anybody isn't doing them any favors. And yes, I agree that being loving and kind is the answer. The problem is that it is very difficult at times for people to accept somebody else's loving and kindness if they have a chip on their shoulder.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

that's ignoring the actual problem. how do you explain why everyone who lives there, hasn't evacuated those places? if it's as easy as you say, and we know it's not currently a good place to live, why are so many people still living in such misery? think, and i mean, really think. don't answer the first thing that comes to your mind. it's a human puzzle that is multi-layered and can't be skimmed over without resulting in leaving out many layers of complexity.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why did the stupid white people import African people as slaves and then invent brunch?

If they'd done their research they'd know the deep seated hatred of non standard meals ingrained in Africans (shakes head and walks away to cook ants with a magnifying glass).

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Well you can start with the cost of living, which without taking any particular side, has become an absolute joke in a nation who throws billions of tax payer dollars around worldwide, while ignoring the problems that we have here at home. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30 >>

join