It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The African American people have been sorely abused in this country. We all know it. When our lawmakers and our people fought to end slavery, we thought everything was going to be okay. We were wrong. Then, many years later, the Civil Rights act, solved many of the post civil war problems, as well. The Equal Opportunity act helped it along also. And now, decades later, we find they are still suffering. From what, you might ask? Well, let me show you:

now watch this

I submit to you, that the horrific living conditions many black americans found themselves in as a result of generational poverty, which itself was spawned by the after effects of slavery 200 years ago, has resulted in an entire racial group suffering with rampant, devastating, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The people of our inner cities don't need riots, they don't need drug lords, they don't need gun fights, they need Healing. They need love. We have have HAVE to find a way to reach out to these people as a nation.

This is a graphic I made to see if i can generate a change of perspective in people's viewpoints, to begin the healing of a people we know as the African American people

Please take this graphic and share it with others. Make a youtube of it. Something, Anything. It's time to stop worrying about us, and start caring about them

edit on 24-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

+63 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Blacks have PTSD because their great great great great grand daddy's were slaves?

How friggin moronic is such a statement? They live in the conditions that they do because they chose to do so, nothing more, nothing less. Notice they are the only race that blames others for their failures, and never takes responsibility for their own actions? Mexican immigrants who can't even speak English come from generational poverty and racial abuse in Mexico to pick fruit or sweep floors or do back breaking work in the USA and hardly complain one bit. Their kids go on to be successful and integrated into society. Same goes for the millions of Asian immigrants. How? Why? Because their families demand it, encourage and expect that their children will be better than they were themselves.

Blacks? No .. they promote the complete opposite, their cultural leaders tell them to blame others and expect to be given something for nothing. It's ingrained into their minds that they are victims from birth and entitled to reparations for something that never happened to them personally.

No one is holding the African community back but the African community.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I live in GA and to my astonishment I have to say that it seems that in my welfare run majority blacks town people are pretty happy about how they go with their lives be white, black or pink.

Nobody around here is claiming anything unless the welfare checks are late and they can not do their trips to Wall mart. Is interesting that the Zimmerman case of racial tensions have not even touch our town at all, yes Atlanta had some half arse protest but that was it.

I guess the best healing around my neck of the woods is to take the burden of the welfare weight out of the backs (African Americans) on the working class and tax payers and put the welfare recipients on some good jobs so they can be productive.

But as usual no politician knows how to accomplish that, is better to have the blacks (African American) on welfare than provide them with jobs.

God figure.
because even the illegal immigrants around here have jobs.
edit on 24-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
more funds/opportunities, etc are available for minorities (non-white). if parents choose not to involve themselves with their children's education and choose to raise their children with the belief that "they are entitled" then nothing changes for the generations in the future. blacks are victims because they choose to be victims. successful blacks/hispanic/indians got an education and installed themselves in the workforce. these minorities also marry and raise families together. they install morals and work ethics in their children. america is not the only nation that practices slavery. get over it. options are available, take advantage of them and stop being the whinning minority.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It seems to me that you know nothing of actual history concerning slavery and civil rights, etc. by your opening post.

We all know it. When our lawmakers and our people fought to end slavery, we thought everything was going to be okay.

And this just sounds like some Chris Matthews BS.

I submit to you, that the horrific living conditions many black americans found themselves in as a result of generational poverty, which itself was spawned by the after effects of slavery 200 years ago, has resulted in an entire racial group suffering with rampant, devastating, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Guess what.

Black people have to get themselves out of this mess. They cannot blame all of their problems on white people any longer. I am sick and tired of blacks (and bleeding heart liberal whites) using the legacy of racism in this country to explain the vast differences in income, education and criminal rates. I never owned a slave, nobody in my family ever has for generations on back. In fact, i have some slave blood in me from my mothers side. Do I have PTSD as well? LOL

I wish there was a negative flag button on here.
edit on 24-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

well you have to follow the history. it started with slavery. the republicans gave them the farms of the people who had enslaved them. the democrats wrote laws to return the farms to the slave owners. this went back and forth. feast to famine. there were skirmishes after the civil war as well. mini wars broke out between repubs and dems new laws were constantly being written and rewritten -- one moment it was okay, next minute it wasn't. one minute you were a free man, next you were in jail, all over the difference in how a law was written that was constantly changing.

as you'll recall, they were still being segregated 100 years later in some parts of the usa. that's a very long time to solve a problem that should've never been a problem to begin with. so it wasn't just -civil war- and all is better. it was civil war followed by many more years of poverty and trying to keep their heads above water. some managed to make it, some didn't. many just gave up trying and started trying to convince others to stop trying as well, and all they needed to do to convince others was to point out how hard it was to achieve anything and how rampant racism still was.

it's PTSD on steroids.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by searching411

In my neck of the woods welfare is a way of life, the people in it have been on it since welfare got established is generations of people that only knows how to ride the system and have become experts on it.

Sadly is not only African Americans that do this but also whites and Hispanics other ethnics groups like Indians and Asians are mostly business owners around my neck of the woods.

God figure.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

people are not getting off welfare now because our job market moved to china, and last i looked, we are on the opposite side of the globe

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I know that undo, I understand the facts, that is why no matter what the bozos in government preach and promises nothing is going to happen, candidates can fall on their butts and turn blue talking how they will fix the economy but you know they are lying.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

They live in the conditions that they do because they chose to do so, nothing more, nothing less

Your wrong. After slavery, there was a migration out of the racial charged south. They moved to cities like New York and Baltimore thinking things would be better, they would have a chance. Not all but most instead found segregation and racial prejudices.

As the descendant of slaves that were taught nothing outside of plantation life, most but not all didn't have the necessary skills their white counterparts had, even in farming. Combine that with illiteracy and hard times finding a job due to the surge of a newly freed people, most moved or lived in the poorer sections where rent and housing was more affordable. It's not an easy solution but it is a legacy.

Mexican immigrants who can't even speak English come from generational poverty and racial abuse in Mexico to pick fruit or sweep floors or do back breaking work in the USA and hardly complain one bit.

Wrong again. Just because they don't complain in your face or in a language you understand doesn't mean they take it stoically. Trust me when white people aren't around, Mexicans have as much to say as Black folks.

Their kids go on to be successful and integrated into society. Same goes for the millions of Asian immigrants. How? Why? Because their families demand it, encourage and expect that their children will be better than they were themselves.

Wrong once again. Other minorities weren't targeted to the extent that blacks were in America especially in the pass. You can't use the weak argument of "integration" when the actions of the people and that government are doing whatever is in their power to prevent that very integration with segregation, Jim Crow, gerrymandering, the 3/5 compromise (that was during slavery times but you see the mindset) I can go on and on. It's obvious that some people didn't want "integration" at all and rather than raising hell like they should have, the other half let it slide as per usual. Black people had to march on Washington for Civil Rights, the Congress didn't just decide to draft a bill to deal with that issue. And even then the Democrats weren't down for it.

Blacks? No .. they promote the complete opposite, their cultural leaders tell them to blame others and expect to be given something for nothing.

Wrong again. Unless your listening to the likes of CNN or MSNBC then your going to get that mindset, that's it. And if your stating that then your obviously getting your information from those few sources and using that same logic to apply it to the whole. Have you listened to any black radio talk shows? If you have then you would have noticed the gulf this incident created.

It's ingrained into their minds that they are victims from birth and entitled to reparations for something that never happened to them personally.

Just like it's ingrained into white people's mind that it's only they that can save any uncivilized non-christian human being. See.. generalizations aren't cool.

What the true problem is is that black americans have been denied their economic freedom and it's now coming to bite everyone in the arse, not just black people.
edit on 24-7-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
did anyone besides me watch the videos i posted in the op?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am still on the first video, sadly in my neck of the woods the street violence due to gangs kills more under 20 year olds black African Americans than any other group.

Also, most of the street violence is linked to illegal drugs and guns but with all the big budget to fight drugs in this country no wars has been won yet.

Everything in this nation that have to do with violence and "wars on" is nothing but a scam, I am not expert but I am sure that taking illegal drugs out of the street will be a lo easier that it sounds if something was actually been done.

But money talks and BS walk and that is what is happening with the corruption within the cities government up to the federal government and congress, too much money running under the table.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well you have to follow the history. it started with slavery. the republicans gave them the farms of the people who had enslaved them. the democrats wrote laws to return the farms to the slave owners. this went back and forth. feast to famine. there were skirmishes after the civil war as well. mini wars broke out between repubs and dems new laws were constantly being written and rewritten -- one moment it was okay, next minute it wasn't. one minute you were a free man, next you were in jail, all over the difference in how a law was written that was constantly changing.

as you'll recall, they were still being segregated 100 years later in some parts of the usa. that's a very long time to solve a problem that should've never been a problem to begin with. so it wasn't just -civil war- and all is better. it was civil war followed by many more years of poverty and trying to keep their heads above water. some managed to make it, some didn't. many just gave up trying and started trying to convince others to stop trying as well, and all they needed to do to convince others was to point out how hard it was to achieve anything and how rampant racism still was.

it's PTSD on steroids.

Wow...you absolutely nothing about history...and then you want whites to engage in your 'liberal white guilt"???

Like the other poster said, where is the thumbs down arrow?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Cenpuppie, you are actually very wrong. The poster's statements were true. How can blacks of today link their poverty and crime-infested issues to Slavery, some 200-400 yrs ago?

As I said in a thread of mine, in which you agreed: wouldn't we be able to see these outcomes in the generations during Reconstruction.

But we don't.

Instead, it has cropped it, thanks to the 'Southern Strategy' trickeled down by Democrats in the 60's, who gained the votes of blacks in exchange for life-long welfare. This also ran parallel to the deconstruction of the black family.

So blacks do not hav slavery, nor whites to blames for problems. That excuse is over.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't see your point. The jobs have been moving over seas for quite some time. The reason is simple it is because our corporate taxes are to high.

If we could lower our corporate tax rates and make it possible to run a company then maybe we could bring some of the jobs back.

Thanks to the current administration we now have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, And yet Obama wants to raise corporate taxes even higher.

So basically we have a black president making it even harder for the blacks to find work to make their lives better.
I fail to see how this can be cured, without some concessions by Obama. Which is not going to happen with Obama's it is my way or no way mentality. Our cry baby in chief has the ability to make things better, but he continues with his I want what I want when I want it mentality.

Before the whole Zimmerman thing things were getting better. Now with Obama's race baiting things have gotten much worse. Also the fact that the MSM refuses to report on black on white crime attributes to the problem. If a white man is perceived to harm a black man it is front page news. If a black man is perceived to harm a white man you will never see it in the media.

We are all just people. We all want pretty much the same things. Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This will never happen as long as we continue to blame each other. The powers that be want us divided. Their plan seems to be working well! Until we as a people decide to put the blame where the blame belongs then I'm afraid things will not change.

My 2 cents

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i'm not liberal. i'm worried about their situation.
this is the difference.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

OP thank you for the informative share much of what was shared in the video to 1 subjectively is TRUTH. It is a sad situation and many blind or within their own illusions don't see or don't wish to see do to recognizing that this is a SPECIES problem and that it WILL require lots of work that is if any CARE. Thank you again for the share undo

1 does not condone the Ignorance related to the street violence spawned from the overseeing IGNORANCE... so to none do not mistake what is shared.
There is an issue that has existed and to overlook it or not acknowledge it basically about the species shows care?
and so...

mistakes made when released, not easy to regain cilvilianship
the more arrest = the more federal money, civil rights energy destroyed/FINISHED

appears to really BE AN unknown product, PART of a business to cycle the unemployed?
prison SYSTEM Full of FATHERS who made Mistakes, so next generations WHO/how shall TEACH the Girls & Boys???

left behind GENERATIONS turn, to lifestyles BY SOME GLORIFIED? in the streets
watch their parent(S) who seem free, and question themselves of this life that they SEE...

look at their Mothers, WHO suffer(ed) and try(ied)
how can I count on her now (no matter the age) for me NOW to PROVIDE???

encourages the enticement, that... ILLUSION found in the STREETS
that out of this madness, may be a way for me

paying attention to the systems, that DO exist
wondering Everyday in poverty, why do I live like this?

is life meant for me, or am I just in the WAY
for when many others SEE BLUE skies, my skies are grey?

the SYSTEM OF EDUCATION, FINACIALLY HAS BEEN TAKEN WITHHOLD
with that were is my EDUCATION SOURCE, so my life I can take CONTROLL?

instead the social health IN MY COUNTRY too right? has been taken to war
feared when I'm seen walking ..... yet in my mind do they EVEN explore?

or am I seen as just another shell, a nothing in the way
as society LIFE moves on ahead of me, as I'm lost in time? up state.

an nothing and yet so it seems something, ?$?$ is still generated

why locked away in time, spending lifes in cages

something made from nothing, then animosity kicks in as some remember PART of the Past...
when going to the restroom would of been an issue, so to another had to ask?

to HEAL the SAPIENS SAPIENS Negro, IN AMERICA OR SHALL THE SAY SAPIENS SAPIENS OF THE WORLD OR SAPIENS SAPIENS OF THE EA*RTH POOR

WILL take EDUCATION sent to the BOTTOM that EXIST up ABOVE Encouraged with Intelligent outcomes for ALL and perhaps some FUTURES where its nothing to become EMPLOYED?

to redesign SCHOOL systems, to TEACH and SPAWN more integrity so when the YOUTH look out side THEIR intelligent minds SEE
the FILTH grime ugliness behind the glamour that some SEEM to GLORYFY in relation to the STREETS...?

in the PAST an AGENDA my of Existed, that placed some in the CROSSHAIRS of then Terror
the hypothesis? did it consider the agenda evolving to ALL The POOR or was it generated more based on FEAR???
who knows? LORD...

and SO labels are distributed, but "it" still gets in
why the ones @ the bottom taking slack are looked @ as the cause for all the SIN?

so unemployed to a system, with financial strength trying to make/take its face/space
the Dream of FREEDOM turns Nightmare, for the POOR and YES CONSCIOUSLY THEY ARE AWAKE...

Thanks again undo

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

edit on 7/24/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
o YAY! Another guilt trip

You guys, these politically correct groups, you're the biggest enemy to Africans.

You do nothing to actually help these people. You think sympathy and guilt is going to fix everything. Jeez, stop re-enforcing this victim mentality in these poor people.

Nigerians come from EXTREMELY poor conditions yet they don't complain? They become quite successful. Know why? They don't blame anyone. Nigeria is becoming the fastest growing economy on the African continent.

Compare them to South Africa? All South Africans do is moan about white imperialism and every failure of theirs becomes an opportunity to blame whites even further.

It's silly. Give it a rest now. It's been over 100 years.

edit on 24-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by marg6043

people are not getting off welfare now because our job market moved to china, and last i looked, we are on the opposite side of the globe

You want to know what is really keeping people on welfare? Taxes. They just never seem to stop. Low income folks, all the way up to giant corporations, and everything in between. These big bad corporations take their jobs to China, and rake in HUGE profits at the expense of poor American's. Would you not do this if you could not compete in the global marketplace?

Those of us who actually pay taxes are tired of getting raped every year, only to see those on the public dime raking in a $8k or $9k tax refund. How do you get a tax refund if you never paid any in? Every year, the IRS sends millions of tax refund dollars to the same addresses, or direct deposits millions into the same checking accounts. When confronted, the IRS says it was a mistake, and they will try to find a way to avoid this in the future. I lose one receipt, and they accuse me or any other taxpayer with tax evasion.

America sends billions upon billions of dollars to countries who don't need it, divert it to personal accounts, and let us know they hate the US, want to kill American's, and strive to destroy our way of life.

WE THE PEOPLE allow this to happen every day of the year. My representatives and senator's probably hate me. But I let them know they were sent to perform as public servants and representatives of their states and districts. Quit allowing our government to create bigger problems.

Please quit referring to people as Afican-American, White-Hispanic-Americans, Asian-Americans, Latin-Americans, etc, etc.!!! All this hyphenated crap does not empower or define someone. It just serves to further the divide between American's of all races. The race baiters are keeping US divided for their benefit, not ours.

As for jobs, it may not be the job you want, but they are out there. Sure nobody wants to work for low pay, but it helps keep food on the table. Part-time is not for you? Thank Obamacare for the destruction of full-time jobs. He has "community organized" this country into a very desperate and dangerous time. You stated

i'm not liberal. i'm worried about their situation. this is the difference.

Why not just be worried about all American's situations?
to your posts. IMO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join