It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants – Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: deadeyedick

then explain the multitudes of people who have had horrible childhoods and upbringing and succeed and are good people despite it....

There are too many examples of people rising above their situations, to use what happened 60+ years ago as an excuse......

The people carrying out this sort of thing in the black community dont need a crutch, they need a reality check

Those are outliers though dude. The stats don't lie. 5% of people in America change social class. According to virtually all recent economic research, economic and social mobility is not very good in America. The studies are legion about the impacts of inter-generational poverty on education, nutrition, drug abuse, crimes, etc. If you add in historical slavery and extreme institutionalized oppression up into the 20th century (jim crow, housing discrimination, etc) to that, then it explains a lot of the higher proportion of both poverty for African Americans and other social problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
to the OP
Your post are very well thought out and do contribute but I See you avatar and what you post on and I think you are not for real. i believe you are a plant, a shill. a pretty girl with a cat? review your post. they are all way to nice but provoke a certain undertone. Your response will be " what undertone is that" . just saying

Your perceptions and beliefs are your choice, not mine.

How people perceive my posts, and the meanings they give them, are their choice. I have no control over that. They're free to feel however they want.

Who do you think would plant me on ATS btw? Do you really think the ATS forum is that important on influencing world leaders or something?? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: U4ns21

So when is the black community going to rise up and do something about the disproportionate amount of black on black crime that occurs in this country? Or is the only crime that matters the white on black variety?

But that is a different topic. With all due respect, the protests are about police brutality towards minorities, not inter-citizen crime.

That's the point. Black lives matter only when police are involved? What about the 400 murdered in Chicago last year? Do their lives matter?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Personally i say they are out of hand

That all ended with very much bloodshed and let us hope it does not come to that

I think that opression can be used like a spring board in many cases.

Honestly this whole thread only covers the views of the flesh.

The stance i have taken here would be in contridiction with my statments if this were in a spiritual forum then people would be calling me a racist.

At the end of the day i strongly believe that GOD has a plan for all of us and he uses our suffering to our benefit.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

So when is the black community going to rise up and do something about the disproportionate amount of black on black crime that occurs in this country? Or is the only crime that matters the white on black variety?

But that is a different topic. With all due respect, the protests are about police brutality towards minorities, not inter-citizen crime.

That's the point. Black lives matter only when police are involved? What about the 400 murdered in Chicago last year? Do their lives matter?

Their killers were not working for the government.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yes, they do, but the protests are not just about death and murder. They are about recent perceived police brutality as yet another manifestation of hundreds of years of institutionalized oppression by the system. When taken in that context and from their perspective, it makes sense, even if one doesn't agree the police actions were out of line or not.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICAThe title of the thread is Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants - Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch. - Sounds pretty racist. It still circles back there are white people in America who hate black people, period, and that was the whole point of this.

Two questions for you. Actually three. First, do you care if I call you "fool" too? It would give the thread kind of a Mr. T flavor if we called each other fools. Might be fun.

Why do you think the descriptive title, which is taken directly from the news source, is racist?

If your concern is white people hating black people, do you think these protesters harassing people having lunch generated positive feelings towards them, or negative?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes, they do, but the protests are not just about death and murder. They are about recent perceived police brutality as yet another manifestation of hundreds of years of institutionalized oppression by the system. When taken in that context and from their perspective, it makes sense, even if one doesn't agree the police actions were out of line or not.

From my perspective, I would think that stopping the 400 blacks who are about to be killed in Chicago in 2015 is a higher priority that seeking some philosophical, idealized, unmeasurable "justice" they seem to be seeking.

If you asked the protesters what one practical thing they could be given to appease them, something measurable and definable, what do you think it would be?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just another thought I had. "Black lives matter"? Yeah... don't ALL lives matter?

I'm sorry.. did I miss the bus? Do blacks hold exclusivity on problems with Police?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Just another thought I had. "Black lives matter"? Yeah... don't ALL lives matter?

I'm sorry.. did I miss the bus? Do blacks hold exclusivity on problems with Police?

It is a specific movement with a specific slogan. You want to start a movement of your own with a different slogan? Go for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Their killers were not working for the government.

Who the killers work for isn't going to matter to the 400 black guys who are about to me murdered in Chicago in 2015.

Who's trying to stop that?

Re suffering.... I agree, and we have to do our part too. We have the choice to take any event and learn and become more from it, or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICAThe title of the thread is Black Protesters Storm NYC Restaurants - Target & Harass White People Eating Brunch. - Sounds pretty racist. It still circles back there are white people in America who hate black people, period, and that was the whole point of this.

Two questions for you. Actually three. First, do you care if I call you "fool" too? It would give the thread kind of a Mr. T flavor if we called each other fools. Might be fun.

Why do you think the descriptive title, which is taken directly from the news source, is racist?

If your concern is white people hating black people, do you think these protesters harassing people having lunch generated positive feelings towards them, or negative?

Yes you just remove both skin colors out of the title and then it's not racist. Yes I believe there were people eating who might not have been offended at all actually, and I know for a fact there would be people eating there offended by snobby white people upset at their brunch being interrupted.... It would be far more irritating to have to continue my brunch listening to someone sitting next to me complain about being interrupted. In fact, I think the interruption would spark a great conversation with whom I was ever sitting with.

Actually to directly answer your last question, no, no one after a certain generation should have any racist hatred towards the black protesters because my generation is not from that time anymore!!!! Neither are black people of my generation!!! That is what you people don't get in this thread!! You keep thinking my generation's way of thinking is back the same way of times of segregation and that is entirely wrong! You're all so wrong about how well the black and white community get a long. You think there is hatred, you think there is divide, you think there is racism, but there is not! There only is when people get online and write this garbage on the internet or the media replays the same clip or says the same commentary over and over and over again, and we have a debate and get worked up.

There really is not a whole lot of you in this thread, as much as the same people keeping it going this thread should be off into the 100's of pages....well it's not....should tell you something.

That's all this is.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
more fuel for the fire.

Apparently just having a gun is racist now because liberals are freaking out over a former NYPD officer’s funny tweet response to the stupid “black brunch” protests. Here’s Joy Reid of MSNBC talking about it this afternoon:

www.youtube.com...

And here’s the tweet in question:

I'm really enjoying these Eggs Benedict so move along now. #BlackBrunchNYC pic.twitter.com/33lMgtJVAt

— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) January 4, 2015

Liberals Are in Meltdown Mode Over a Former NYPD Officer’s Tweet to Black Brunch Protesters

tweetle dee tweetle dum

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DerekJR321

It is a specific movement with a specific slogan. You want to start a movement of your own with a different slogan? Go for it.

Yeah, that's what happened. They called it "All lives matter" and it greatly offended the "black lives matter" movement.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
more fuel for the fire.

Apparently just having a gun is racist now because liberals are freaking out over a former NYPD officer’s funny tweet response to the stupid “black brunch” protests. Here’s Joy Reid of MSNBC talking about it this afternoon:

www.youtube.com...

And here’s the tweet in question:

I'm really enjoying these Eggs Benedict so move along now. #BlackBrunchNYC pic.twitter.com/33lMgtJVAt

— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) January 4, 2015

Liberals Are in Meltdown Mode Over a Former NYPD Officer’s Tweet to Black Brunch Protesters

tweetle dee tweetle dum

More stupidity in calling that tweet blatantly racist. There's nothing racist about it. I'm enjoying my eggs, move along now. It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with how the dude is going to react to dumbasses of any color trying to disrupt his lunch.

It's part of the agenda though. Go protest the lunches, then wait for the predictable negative responses, then publicize those negative responses to demonize their perceived opponents.

A GUN! A GUN! Yes, it's terrifying seeing a photo of somebody exercising their Constitutional rights.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Looks like the Jamie guy is offended yet again.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
Looks like the Jamie guy is offended yet again.

You must be projecting. I'm anti being offended. I'm commenting on the story, not offended. And pointing out how counterproductive the actions are.

And why would you think I'm a guy?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm unsure if you're being intentionally obtuse, or if it's genuine. Perhaps you're ignorant to a cause you support. Either way, it doesn't invalidate anything I posted.

Yes, it only hurts the blacks. It isn't white people disrupting black people, it's blacks making a mockery of themselves and their cause. Secondly, black themselves have claimed that this is a "black only problem", and have denied whites their rights as upset human beings over police brutality to partake in the protests.

Thirdly, I highly doubt your sincerity when you claim others have joined your protests when blocking traffic. People going to work, or on their way home from tired are unlikely to join a bunch of idiots blocking roads. If this was a planned protest, it's another matter. However recently there have been a flood of inane protestors who out of the spur of the moment decide to shut down intersections, and other roads in order to protest.

If you can't debate with logic Spiers, or at least some common sense and honesty, please don't debate at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm glad (A) I don't live in the states and have to put up with all this rubbish and (b) tend to not frequent the sorts of places these muppets descend on to rant and whine.
Nothing gets me in a bad mood like some tool interfering with my meal.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just had to point out the utter stupidity of a quote from a newspaper that someone posted earlier...

The quote was :

Black brunches are not the product of an organization, but a grassroots movement intended to bring police brutality to the attention of those who have chosen to ignore it, participants said.

“People who have money and privilege have the leisure to brunch,” Carrie Leilam Love, media liaison for the group Black Brunch NYC, told The Washington Post in a phone interview. “Other people don’t.”

So, I guess people who have money and privilege ALSO have the leisure to walk around protesting others who have money and privilege and choose to eat instead? It was on a Sunday if I am not mistaken, so how does eating an early lunch on a Sunday with your family make you privileged exactly? And by that same account, how does having the time to protest not equate to having the same privilege as the ones choosing to spend their time NOT protesting?

Retarded logic from and equally retarded "movement".

Sounds like these protesters could use some more education on their side, or at least their "media liaisons" should.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join