It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Woman Arrested For Blowing Bubbles? How Can This Be Justice?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
She had medical supplies? What? Medical supplies? Like what kind of medical supplies get you arrested?

Which again makes me question what exactly she was really blowing at them.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
a reply to: opethPA

People in civilized parts of the world would simply smile and walk away.

Fixed for ya

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: roadgravel
So people here actually believe that someone blowing bubbles at a person is a valid reason to beat them to the point of hospitalization? Truly sad.

Honestly, bubbles aren't really even that safe for children to be playing with...
Detergent is not only an irritant, but it leaves a film behind if not washed off. Hence the fact that it used to be used in weapons manufacture where you want a substance to 'stick' to the enemy. Detergent contains all sort of wonderful stuff all by itself including lye and glycerin (anyone here seen “Fightclub”?). Then you couple that with it being about 98% water, which can have any number of chemical or biological nastiness diluted into it.

Go work at a hospital, an airport, or for a cleaning company and read the Hazmat sheets on detergents.

'Bubbles' is most likely ex-military, and probably knows this stuff, which the younger looking female officer didn't.
Are Bubbles Toxic
Now again, this link above is only talking about the detergent under safe conditions, its not talking about what a malicious person could add to the mixture to make it worse.

Ooooo no the scary bubbles of mass destruction are now chemical weapons!

God only knows how I made it through my childhood alive with such dangerous things as bubble machines

Sheesh no wonder the west is becoming pussified. We are becoming scared of our own shadows!

'Bubbles' is most likely ex-military, and probably knows this stuff,

Which is another reason why ex military make bad police. Being paranoid and jumpy is not what Id want in a police officer!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

If she was blowing something dangerous at them she would probably have been poisoned/killed/hurt/injured from it herself, don't you think? Ever tried blowing soap bubbles without getting any of the liquied on your hands? Or maybe having a few bubbles burst on yourself or any other random person standing close by?

Deny irrational fear. Seriously. This is just ludicrous, hahahaha.

edit on 4-1-2015 by th2356 because: Damn, laughing too much again.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

But.... but.... but.... 911? We need to all be scared and paranoid or the terrorists win!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Agreed it is.
She wasn't arrested for blowing bubbles and yet still the title of this thread hasnt changed.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Ooooo no the scary bubbles of mass destruction are now chemical weapons!

No the bubbles themselves aren't, but they can be used as a delivery agent for something nasty that is being used to spite the officers.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

But.... but.... but.... 911? We need to all be scared and paranoid or the terrorists win!

It doesn't have to be a “terrorist thing”, how do you know she didn't pee in the bottle and mix in soap? How do you know she did spit in the bottle, then add water and soap? You already had another poster tell you that his friends used to do the same thing with squirt guns at concerts. Not letting some stranger spit, spray, blow, something into your eyes is just common sense, which apparently is lacking by many in today's society.

Maybe you need to go work in a job where you have to deal with malicious people, and get some street smarts.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Or it could just be business as usual. As it has been in Australia after the incident in that cafe, in your country after the terror bombs in July 2005 and in my country after the Oslo and Utøya terror attack.

Amazingly it works quite well to not allow terrorists to take our sanity away.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So people here actually believe that someone blowing bubbles at a person is a valid reason to beat them to the point of hospitalization? Truly sad.

Honestly, bubbles aren't really even that safe for children to be playing with...
Detergent is not only an irritant, but it leaves a film behind if not washed off. Hence the fact that it used to be used in weapons manufacture where you want a substance to 'stick' to the enemy. Detergent contains all sort of wonderful stuff all by itself including lye and glycerin (anyone here seen “Fightclub”?). Then you couple that with it being about 98% water, which can have any number of chemical or biological nastiness diluted into it.

Go work at a hospital, an airport, or for a cleaning company and read the Hazmat sheets on detergents.

'Bubbles' is most likely ex-military, and probably knows this stuff, which the younger looking female officer didn't.
Are Bubbles Toxic
Now again, this link above is only talking about the detergent under safe conditions, its not talking about what a malicious person could add to the mixture to make it worse.

Well hoolee sh....Why did I never learn this?
Thank you for the information-This stuff should be all over the MSM man!
Bubbles are actually a potential carrier for our doom.
The MSM should be all over this!

"That cop was right man!
How dare that peaceful young student girl attempt to place a potential bio weapon on to an officer with zero violence or threat!!
What have we come to when this horror of bubbles may exist?"

Ban the bubbles NOW!

++xxzzzzzffzzzt...++warning.computer sarcasm conflict---+++xxzz++computer reality glitch++....zzzffft++

edit on 4/1/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Holy cow. I should have known that was coming.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This was an incident in 2010 correct? Although there were many many "odd-and-pointless" arrests since then in the last 4 years...why does it appear as though it just happened by the OP?

That in itself is misleading....just wondering the way I see it posted as though its a "current" story.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So! This story is completely false! With the explanation coming from the bubble-blower herself..

From 2010-
"However, according to CNews, Winkels confirmed that she wasn’t arrested for blowing bubbles but instead detained for wearing a backpack and having a lawyer’s number written on her arm. She was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit mischief over $5,000."

“The fact is that the bubbles had nothing to do with my arrest,” she said. “The reason I was arrested is because I was wearing a backpack and had a lawyer’s phone number written on my arm.

Why do we discuss these things so out-of-context? Does not one...nor the repliers...do any research on a subject? Or is it just me that this bothers? Just askin...!

www.digitaljournal.com...

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: cntxt

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
She wasn't arrested for blowing bubbles. Maybe try denying ignorance even when it doesn't fit your agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The point of many here, I think but could be wrong, is the fact the cop declares the intent to arrest someone over a bubble drifting over and touching him.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The point of many here, I think but could be wrong, is the fact the cop declares the intent to arrest someone over a bubble drifting over and touching him.

Then the OP should change the title of the thread to not say woman arrested for blowing bubbles because that isn't what happened. Change it to something more in line with what the point of many here are talking about.

The debate over how people would or would not respond to that event isn't going to get anywhere..It will keep going back and forth and neither side will be any closer to proving their argument.

The title being wrong though is something that has already been proven.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

A high percentage of titles here are wrong or misleading. Nothing new. I gave up on expecting better here.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Why do we discuss these things so out-of-context? Does not one...nor the repliers...do any research on a subject? Or is it just me that this bothers? Just askin...!

Why do you assume no research was done? It's been shown several times in this thread that her arrest was not for blowing bubbles. That doesn't stop the nonsense.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So she wasn't arrested for blowing bubbles but for wearing a backpack and having a number written on her hand. WOW! I'm certainly relieved to hear she wasn't arrested for blowing bubbles. Wearing a backpack and having a number written on her hand is sooooo much scarier to me. Good thing they got her off the streets, eh? For a while there I began to believe that Canada was turning into a police state.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I hope all other threads with misleading titles get moved to hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join