It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Woman Arrested For Blowing Bubbles? How Can This Be Justice?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Maybe we can make up a protest slogan based on this new mythology and go around chanting "Blowing bubbles, don't shoot."

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

So since the title is wrong we need to ignore officer bubbles response?

Guys we get it, she wasn't arrested over the bubbles but does that mean that everything else that happened in the video needs to be ignored?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is about more than the title being wrong. The OP vid deceptively depicts her as being taken in for "Blowing bubbles".

Where in the hell have I posted anything to give you the idea that the officer's response should be "Ignored"?

Guys we get it, she wasn't arrested over the bubbles
Yeah, now you do. How long did that take? Way too long.

but does that mean that everything else that happened in the video needs to be ignored?
Again, what makes you think that?

Maybe you missed this?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Guys we get it, she wasn't arrested over the bubbles but does that mean that everything else that happened in the video needs to be ignored?

Nope never said that...If I was a cop I personally would have asked her to stop and she continued to do it then I would have given her a warning and finally if she would have continued to do it I would have threatened to arrest her or arrested her. People are responsible for their own actions and if she didn't make the choices she did then that scenario doesn't happen.

We can continue to debate how many people would be annoyed and respond to her in an assertive manner and it literally wont get anywhere.

The only definitive thing is that the OP was wrong in using that as his title and in using that as the title the whole premise of this thread is labeled as a hoax.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe we should discuss why an adult was at a protest blowing bubbles at police to begin with?
Is she going through her second childhood all the sudden, and just had to have something to do?
A reasonable person should suspect that she was doing this with the intent to either irritate the police, cause them discomfort, or contaminate them with something.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Or distract them while someone else is up to shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
Excellent point.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: defcon5

Or distract them while someone else is up to shenanigans.

Maybe another group of protesters were hiding somewhere nearby, ready to blow even bigger and more dangerous soap bubbles.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

Are you at all familiar with the NWAA? How about the Black Bloc? How about the WTO RIots? No. Not a internet search. Not google and not wikipedia....real time and real people. Face to face. Just curious....cause I ran with a few of 'em back in my youth.

Not all protesters are hip to the ship. Sometimes the "cuter hippie peaceniks" are used as front while the nefarious perps go about their deeds. Sometimes the hippies are wise to it, sometimes they're completely oblivious.

First hand eyewitness here. I've met these cats. I've been to protests. More than I can count. Heard the nefarious types talk and plan things out. That's straight from the horses mouth. So you tell me....what game you runnin'?

edit on 1/4/15 by GENERAL EYES because: paragraph formatting

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

What makes you think I am "runnin a game"? What does that even mean?

I thought it was very, very obvious that I am just having a whole lot of fun with this. Because it IS very funny that someone would think blowing soap bubbles is any kind of a threat. It really is a shame if you can not see the humor in this, but that is not my problem, sorry.

I am laughing anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

Civilian life is the good life.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity. Did the OP put this thread in the "Hoax Bin" intentionally? What I saw in the video wasn't a hoax. And I have known women to get very upset at "bubble blowers" claiming that it ruins their clothes - this is especially true of $700.00 silk blouses and expensive mink furs - and that it even burns their eyes.

I heard of a woman who had to pay a cleaning bill to a bridal rental co. Bubbles can ruin beautiful, expensive wedding dresses and guests' gowns. So, clear it with the bride first.

edit on 5-1-2015 by BushMaster16 because: editorial fixation

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BushMaster16

You can't make a thread in the hoax bin, it was put there.
Most likely cause of the title, since it is misleading, if not out right wrong.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: abe froman

If that girl was blowing bubbles in my face I would have probably slapped her in the face and poured her bubbles on her head.

God forbid a bubble of mass destruction lands on your delicate little American face

Would it be acceptable if I spit in your face? Because this is the same thing. That girl came to cause trouble and she got what she came for.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

How are bubbles and spitting in your face the same thing?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

No i would not and Id likely say some rude things before walking on.

I would not attack her or put her in hospital like some people on here are proposing.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I work with a wide variety of people from the very young to the very old and many people distrust the police today. These are all middle/upper class wage earners and you would think typically would trust the police. Many people have stories of being harassed over stupid things over the past few years.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It seems to me she blew the bubbles with the express purpose of inciting a reaction from the cop. She wanted the cop to react so she could prove some kind of point.

Sure -- that may not be illegal on its own, and I don't agree a person who does this necessarily should get arrested. The cop should calmly tell her to stop being rude; then if she persists, warn her to stop. If she doesn't stop, then give her a formal warning. If she continues, THEN arrest her.

Put it this way, if she did that to a regular stranger on the street, and that stranger told her continually to stop, but she doesn't, then I bet the woman could be arrested for harassment (or something).

She wasn't simply blowing bubbles for the fun of it; I think she was intentionally trying to get under the skin of the cop.

edit on 1/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join