It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Woman Arrested For Blowing Bubbles? How Can This Be Justice?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry, I missed the point she actually "assaulted" him, it was edited out.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This kinda crap is what we SHOULD be having protests about......

Im not downplaying the Eric Garner case at all......

But these sort of things are glaring examples of out of control police state........

unbelievable

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

why waste the bubbles on a jerk with a badge?

Thats the real crime here

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
The world is a crazy place, I would expect to see something like this in some comic book villians world like Dr Doom or Red Skull.

Me too, hahaha.

If only we could convince all the US gun crackpots that soap bubbles are really, really dangerous assault weapons....

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

this guy has the complete wrong attitude, he should be fired immediately. he's a thug with a badge.
edit on 3-1-2015 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
a reply to: jude11
Prove to me that “water” wasn't laced with something else, urine, mace, saliva, etc...
The officer said it himself, she was “baiting” the police, and blowing the detergent directly in their eyes.

See how we lost?

A terrorist behind every corner...or bubble.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: jude11
Average people won't put cuffs on her and arrest her either.

True..Plenty of hot heads civilians around that would have punched or shoved her for doing that.

But a cop is supposed to set a better example right?

Isn't that why they're cops?

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Your eyes are one unprotected area that things can be transmitted through. Go work in a hospital, and find out yourself. If someone walked up to me and started blowing crap in my eyes, my first reaction, even as a civilian, would be what are they trying to contaminate me with. As a police officer at a protest, I would be even more concerned.

edit on 1/3/2015 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Average people won't put cuffs on her and arrest her either.

True..Plenty of hot heads civilians around that would have punched or shoved her for doing that.

But a cop is supposed to set a better example right?

Isn't that why they're cops?

Peace

Plenty of civilians that would have punched her or worse in the face for doing that.. That would have been a good example..
Cop arrests her for doing it..not a better example. (did anything actually come of the arrest?)

Again..she shouldn't have been arrested but she also shouldn't have done it.

edit on 3-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The detergent excuse is stupid......

Yeah maybe she shouldnt have been doing that to taunt him, bt they are suppose to be hired to uphold a higher standard, and have the mentality to handle things that would make every day people agro.....

There were plenty of times in the military when people in the area i was in were acting in ways that really got under my skin and were clearly taunting me.....our job was to set an example, to exercise humanity before force......

It should be the same for police.......

We need to get back to stringent hiring standards and upholding a higher level of civility in the departments......

I wrote a thread about the real issues being out of control police departments.......

Thank you OP for adding to that......

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Again, some person who you don't know from Adam is spraying some chemical substance in your eyes, you're not going to be very happy with them. There are people out there trying to actively hurt police officers, there are others who will harm people out of anger or just for the hell of it. As a prime example, there are people with things like Hep B or C or even HIV that will actually go around trying to infect others with it intentionally. I would probably lay out anyone that came up to me and randomly blew something into my eyes, then I'd call the police and have them arrested as well. The reason I would have them arrested, isn't just to be a jerk, but to find out what it was they sprayed me with.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Bubbles is her dog...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Agree. Not a fan of cops but blowing bubbles directly in the face of the cops is assault by chemical solution.

If they were harmless, let the judge decide.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Again, some person who you don't know from Adam is spraying some chemical substance in your eyes, you're not going to be very happy with them. There are people out there trying to actively hurt police officers, there are others who will harm people out of anger or just for the hell of it. As a prime example, there are people with things like Hep B or C or even HIV that will actually go around trying to infect others with it intentionally. I would probably lay out anyone that came up to me and randomly blew something into my eyes, then I'd call the police and have them arrested as well. The reason I would have them arrested, isn't just to be a jerk, but to find out what it was they sprayed me with.

You sound violently unstable to say the least, thretening violence on others who are nonviolent for wait for it. .......harmless bubbles.
Claiming bioterrism vs harmless bubbles.
I would hate to see a little girl blow a bubble on you, who knows what your reaction might be.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This video is fairly old....I seem to remember it being posted here years ago, although I confess I don't remember the exact timeframe.

That said, I agree with the officers action - while it may seem excessive to the untrained eye (no pun intended) I knew of some kids back in the 90's who would lace water pistols with all manner of noxious substances to spray cops at Grateful Dead shows. The officer had every reason to be cautious.

It's a shame the general public is so woefully misinformed at how much crap LEO's have to put up with out there.

It's bad enough they have to respond to violence and death, but when average citizens make a mockery of them while their on duty in official business, it's just another straw adding to an already overbearing load.

People should really be more considerate considering what the poor guys and gals deal with on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
shes a grown woman , why was she blowing bubbles?
to piss off the police thats why
shes fighting the system [like an idiot].

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

First of all they werent spraying anything, it was bubbles.....

2nd anyone knows that pathogens like that wouldnt survive in bubbles....

3rd officers are taught to handle themselves with restraint and an even hand......

If someone came up to me and started blowing bubblesin my face, I most definitely would not lay them out, I like to think im not a person that would snap at such a minor offens, I would look at them like what are you doing and probably chuckle and walk off.....

if our officers are wound up that tight at all times then they need to be in another line of work not dealing with criminals on a regular basis because they are suppose to be able to handle stressful situations and abnormal conditions that most of the populace dont come into contact with on a regular basis
edit on 1/3/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
shes a grown woman , why was she blowing bubbles?
to piss off the police thats why
shes fighting the system [like an idiot].

maybe acting like an idiot but was that really the proper response.....thats the issue here......

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
If someone came up to me and started blowing bubblesin my face, I most definitely would not lay them out, I would look at them like what are you doing and probably chuckle and walk off.....

For every person like you that would respond that way their are just as many that wouldn't. Go to some bar or club or whatever and randomly blow bubbles into the face of people you don't know and see what happens.

She shouldn't have been arrested but she also shouldn't have been taunting either.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
His eyes are obviously protected by those glasses so he is in no "danger" from such a noxious substance as her bubbles. Jumping Jehoshaphat! Just take a look at the real courage displayed by his sister female officer---despite the fact that the bubbles are actually being directed at her. WOW! I can't get over the courage and strength it must have taken for that woman to stand there and take it----having bubbles blown in her presence with NO IDEA what might be contained within those bubbles. SHE deserves a medal for such bravery.
What does he deserve? It would violate stuff if I said what I'd like to see done to him and his ilk but it would begin with him losing his badge and gun permanently.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join