It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Woman Arrested For Blowing Bubbles? How Can This Be Justice?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has pointed out that the video cuts out and you don't see what lead up to the arrest.

After the cop in a forceful though calm voice told her to stop whats to say she didn't keep doing it or ended up getting arrested for something else?
edit on 3-1-2015 by opethPA because: First line removed...doesn't help this discussion.

edit on 3-1-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If someone came up to me and started blowing bubblesin my face, I most definitely would not lay them out,
i agree
but if you had to stand there for hours being goaded i think its differrent.
like it or not, police have authority, its not wise to undermine it.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [

I heard it was a bubble that killed jfk.

Manufactured in an underground facility by the CIA.

This is not a laughing matter.

Nowadays their even coating bubbles with teflon to go through bulletproof vests.

All I know is, if I see somebody blowing bubbles my way Im taking them out with a rocket launcher.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
All you're telling me is that you never took chemistry class. Chemistry day one, I walked into the room to the professor making huge fireballs out of bubbles. Various viruses can live just fine and peachy in a jar full of water with a bit of detergent in it. Some like Hep B can live up to 50 days on any surface they get on. Then, even if it is just detergent, some folks are allergic to it. For example, if I use any type of laundry soap with a perfume in it, I break out in hives. The police themselves use foam bubbles as a delivery system for mace/pepper spray.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

well there seems to be more than one definition, here below a legal definition from Cornell University Law School.

Assault Definition 1. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. No intent to cause physical injury needs to exist, and no physical injury needs to result. So defined in tort law and the criminal statutes of some states.
2. With the intent to cause physical injury, making another person reasonably apprehend an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Essentially, an attempted battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states.
3. With the intent to cause physical injury, actually causing such injury to another person. Essentially, the same as a battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states, and so understood in popular usage.
Assault

and it's not like he didn't give her the chance to stop and not do it any more, she was being a smart gambled and lost.
she deserves everything she may get.

now she has a arrest record, if it goes to trail and she is convicted, she has just ruined her own life cause many employers will not hire any one with a conviction of assault. there is one member on this board that can tell you all about that.

to risk your future all because you want to be a smart a@@

edit on 3-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Both cops are wearing eye protection aka sunglasses or clear protective glasses.The eye irritation argument is stupid. Was she in the wrong for blowing bubbles to make the cops mad? Yes she was it was done deliberately. However cops do the same thing if not worse everyday. They follow your car around "annoying" they talk to people like they are below them " annoying" they push peoples buttons on purpose everyday because they have the plastic adult hall monitor badge "annoying" . disrespect isnt a crime and bubbles pose no real danger.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

This happened back in 2010 during the G20 summit held in Toronto. The officer in the video is Const. Adams Josephs, but more widely known as "Officer Bubbles".

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What is up with all these she got what she deserved people?

What has happened to justice, right and wrong?

People can be now be arrested for no reason at all and detained for like two days and the people are like, "YES! ARREST THEM!"

Arresting someone for blowing bubbles is beyond dumb, like I said before thats comic book super villian stuff.

edit on 3-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is there more to the video to show why she got arrested or is it just assumed it was because she was blowing bubbles?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon

This happened back in 2010 during the G20 summit held in Toronto. The officer in the video is Const. Adams Josephs, but more widely known as "Officer Bubbles".

Your right...
The funniest part is this isn't even an American police officer, this happened in Canada.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
If someone came up to me and started blowing bubblesin my face, I most definitely would not lay them out, I would look at them like what are you doing and probably chuckle and walk off.....

For every person like you that would respond that way their are just as many that wouldn't. Go to some bar or club or whatever and randomly blow bubbles into the face of people you don't know and see what happens.

She shouldn't have been arrested but she also shouldn't have been taunting either.

So is the issue then our violent responses?

Honestly?

I was a bouncer for several years in bars.......

this isnt a bar, there isnt alcohol involved........and THIS is an officer......

There is a degree of decurm to be held to........again my opinion is this was an over reaction.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
All you're telling me is that you never took chemistry class. Chemistry day one, I walked into the room to the professor making huge fireballs out of bubbles. Various viruses can live just fine and peachy in a jar full of water with a bit of detergent in it. Some like Hep B can live up to 50 days on any surface they get on. Then, even if it is just detergent, some folks are allergic to it. For example, if I use any type of laundry soap with a perfume in it, I break out in hives. The police themselves use foam bubbles as a delivery system for mace/pepper spray.

yeah HEP B can live on surfaces for 50 days, not soap bubbles....

yes some forlks are alergic to it.......

This was not an act of violence.......period.....full stop....

They use foam bubble systems for MACE....yes PEPPER SPRAY......

This was a totally different delivery method....

Come on man we agree on a lot of things, be intellectually honest here with this whole thing.....

Arresting this woman was an over reaction

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
this isnt a bar, there isnt alcohol involved........and THIS is an officer......

There is a degree of decurm to be held to........again my opinion is this was an over reaction.

I just picked a bar or a club because it's the most obviously example where she would have probably been hit or something worse for doing this.She could randomly walk up to people on the street , blow bubbles in the faces of people and some of them would have responded in a much more hostile manner then the cop did..

Also do we know for sure that is why she was arrested? The video cuts then shows her with a new friend being arrested. Could have been something else.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Again, some person who you don't know from Adam is spraying some chemical substance in your eyes, you're not going to be very happy with them. There are people out there trying to actively hurt police officers, there are others who will harm people out of anger or just for the hell of it. As a prime example, there are people with things like Hep B or C or even HIV that will actually go around trying to infect others with it intentionally. I would probably lay out anyone that came up to me and randomly blew something into my eyes, then I'd call the police and have them arrested as well. The reason I would have them arrested, isn't just to be a jerk, but to find out what it was they sprayed me with.

Normally I'd be the first person to take a giant steaming dump on the cops and I think that Officer Attitude could have handled it a bit more civilized. However... if you're going to take part in a protest and plan poorly for your choice of how to exercise your 1st amendment right to assemble, i.e. blowing a chemical solution into the face of armed men and women vs. say Kent State where the girl placed a flower into the end of a National Guardsman's rifle, then you have to go into the situation knowing that being arrested is an acceptable risk simply for being there period let alone egging them on. She probably didn't think very far ahead and contemplate that something normally seen as benign(the bubble solution) could in fact be construed as an assault or at the very least a harassment charge.

If you don't understand the inherent risks or exercise due diligence prior to placing yourself into these situations then frankly I'm not going to be inclined to feel terribly sorry for you when you miss the mark and end up with a felony charge.

What we need is people willing to take the time to educate themselves and understand not just the laws and what they should be able to get away with while standing on that thin red line but also the repercussions of their actions standing on the very same spot of that line. If you can't be bothered to properly educate yourself on every aspect you may encounter you don't really have any business being there in the first place.

I think it's great when people exercise their rights, especially in a peaceful fashion. In my opinion though, every right comes with a responsibility and it is incumbent upon the citizenry to grasp both sides of that coin. A well educated populace is far more terrifying than a well armed one.

Again, I think the officer handled the situation poorly and was a rude prick but having served in the military and having children, I'll take CS in my eyes over bubble soap any day. It burns and hurts and just plain sucks and from the perspective of a legitimate law enforcement officer whos primary function would appear to be crowd control, anything that obstructs his or her vision, if only for a few moments could be the difference between peace and chaos.

Another option is that the girl was purposely egging them on to purposely get arrested knowing that an assault charge is likely to be dropped to harassment and a fine while simultaneously receiving the credibility of a martyr amongst her peers for getting arrested at the protest. I'm not saying that is the case but it certainly is a possibility and a tactic used repeatedly for decades certainly and likely centuries or millennia as it is human nature to rock the boat a little.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Also do we know for sure that is why she was arrested?

“I was both shocked and confused, but I complied and put the bubbles away,” Winkels said in an email. She was arrested later for an incident unrelated to the bubbles, and has been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

www.thestar.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

“I was both shocked and confused, but I complied and put the bubbles away,” Winkels said in an email. She was arrested later for an incident unrelated to the bubbles, and has been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

www.thestar.com...

So in other words..She wasn't arrested for blowing bubbles..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

She was arrested later for an incident unrelated to the bubbles, and has been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.

Link

eh, why report it all, just another attempt to complain about cops... agenda... got it.
Not to mention this is from 2010.

By: Wendy Gillis Staff Reporter, Published on Fri Jul 16 2010

edit on 3-1-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yep. If that's true, this crock of # belongs in the hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

www.thestar.com...

maybe...but i notice there is not anything telling us what this charge may be.....and i would not at all be surprised if a charge is made up

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

www.thestar.com...

maybe...but i notice there is not anything telling us what this charge may be.....and i would not at all be surprised if a charge is made up

Sounds to me like some made up BS, she was charged with wait for it. . . . . "CONSPIRACY" lolz WTF?

I dont care if it was 100 years ago and on the moon, this is not justice, this can be discussed and is not a hoax.

Oh just sweep it under the rug like it never happened lalala . . . .

Lets put our heads in the sand bury them deep why dont we.

edit on 3-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: Nothing to see here move along likened to the Naked Gun

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join