It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live better on Welfare then I ever did working!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by MagesticEsoteric removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: PaladinRoden

My husband is in school. I am a SATM with a part-time job. We make 13,000 dollars a year (and thats being generous). We have a kid still in pull-ups, a dog, student debt and other debt.
We have internet, eat organic, and spend a lot of time together that most families miss out.

I LOSE SLEEP OVER TAKING $200 FROM DSHS EVERY MONTH. I feel so guilty that I cannot help myself, like I'm robbing my neighbors and people who are FOR REAL destitute. I would never spend the money on anything but necessities and emergency stock.

I'm not sure ATSers will be the most responsive to this post,honestly. I have noidea how anyone could struggle making $60,000 a year. Just thought I'd give you a polite heads-up, there's been a lot of frustration voiced here as of late.

Yeah OP something about your situation I can relate to, but a lot of it I cannot.

ALSO
YOU SAID
" My wife an [sic] I decided to get part time minimum wage jobs instead (even lied on our applications saying we were high school drop outs and left out or advance education" (bolding mine).

Right there, buddy, is where I need to go grab a beer. Consider the idea that bragging about getting one over on the welfare system online is hard evidence that you know (or may know) you're taking advantage.

Good luck, and I do mean that sincerely. Times are tough, though it's becoming clear "tough" is completely subjective.

Get rid of the internet.
Go to the public library....It's f'n FREE for f's sake! There you go. I just saved you at least 50.00 a month, Your welcome

Quit lying about your f'ng education you asshole!

that's f'ed up! You and your kind r a big part of the GD problem!

Just be honest and true.!

YOUR
WELCOME!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Congratulations. You've just admitted fraud by quitting your job to enjoy section 8 housing and every other handout you could get. A financial advisor told you to do this? Yeah right.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Well not having home internet is a good idea, which we did for a number of months, it meant my husband was at the campus library constantly---it was a choice we made to a well more than $50 bucks in gas money and time.

Regarding the lying about education: you DID see that I was quoting the OP, right???

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't believe you. I am convinced you are making up this story to feed an agenda. I would apologize if I had any doubt but... you are making this up. Nothing adds up. You can't do most of what you claimed.

I've never known anybody who made as much as you claim you did at the beginning of the story mismanage their funds so badly and I've never known anybody in your current financial situation qualify for half of the things you are claiming. If it's true, you are incredibly bad with money and also incredibly lucky.

This is the first time I've ever bothered to call out somebody on ATS for a bs story but... it sounds like some forwarded spam email sent by distant fundie relatives.

And, if by some miracle, you actually pulled this off, then that makes you even worse. It would make you the rich man taking change from the penny jar.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So I'm not sure why a family of 4 could not survive on 60k a year. Your rent is low compared to most of the people I know. And you don't even have a vehicle.

I am a single mom of 3, no child support, no financial assistance and I live in one of the most expensive cities as far as living cost vs wages is concerned.
I own a business, but bring home less than 60k a year. I have a nice home, a very nice car I rewarded myself with last year, I am neither frugal nor reckless. I believe in the ol work hard/play hard.
My kids and I have health care as well.

Part of me believes this is some sort of bait post. You were just able to get financial assistance and section 8 at the snap of your fingers? You don't have to continually meet with social workers who assess your work rediness to get you OFF the system?
TANF is a federally funded program with limitations. I believe people have a 60 month lifetime limit for cash assistance. What if something catastrophic happens in the future and you ACTUALLY need that help?

How are you paying your student loans now? Why did you pay so much on them before? They will always be there. You could have cut that one cost alone in half and not been in the negative every month. Move into a 1 bedroom apartment for a year. Find an in-home, licensed day care instead of a facility. That would have cut the daycare costs in half.
My friend asked if she could work from home one day a week. Her husband also did the same thing. They have a friend watch their daughter 1 day a week. That saved them $800 a month in daycare costs alone. Not to mention commuting, etc.

There are ways to figure things out. Save those benefits for the people who actually need them.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm not really sure why having a Masters makes people think they are going to do well financially. Not saying that is you OP.
Had a friend of mine with 2 masters both around elements of ancient history and he couldn't understand why he was making $23k a year working a Wal-Mart and I was making well over $100k in my career.
It all comes down to marketable skills, luck, drive, desire , ambition and about 57 trillion other things that will allow you get ahead in life.

As for your scamming the system, I am not going to sit here and pass judgement on your choices. You and your wife chose to cheat, no one else made you(i know it was the healthcare costs that did it) . If you get caught don't cry about the unfair rules or how the man is always trying to hold people down just admit you did it wrong and their are consequences to every action.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

no post but this since the intro post over 2 years ago. I'm betting you're on the money, Cuervo.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I agree. The OP's story doesn't make sense. Section 8? It takes YEARS to get on Section 8, AND they review your income and employment records for the last 3 years, so you can't just dump money, or loose it gambling or something.

Yes, some kind of fundie false flag chain letter to scare and anger the bejezzuz out of middle America!

LOL If only!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I don't believe you. I am convinced you are making up this story to feed an agenda. I would apologize if I had any doubt but... you are making this up. Nothing adds up. You can't do most of what you claimed.

I've never known anybody who made as much as you claim you did at the beginning of the story mismanage their funds so badly and I've never known anybody in your current financial situation qualify for half of the things you are claiming. If it's true, you are incredibly bad with money and also incredibly lucky.

This is the first time I've ever bothered to call out somebody on ATS for a bs story but... it sounds like some forwarded spam email sent by distant fundie relatives.

And, if by some miracle, you actually pulled this off, then that makes you even worse. It would make you the rich man taking change from the penny jar.

I thought the same when I saw the figures in the OP. But hey, regardless, to anyone who thinks living off of the government teets isn't slavery then oh well, they will so find out how much they our loved by the pimp politicians who they thought loved them enough because of their votes......

Considering in this "FREE COUNTRY" we live in that to live and survive means paying your dues one way or another, that to think you got over on the system that enslave you only makes you more of a slave......

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is no reason for a family with your earning potential to be using tax payers money to support yourselves. You are only taking money that others really need.

The welfare system was not designed for you. You are abusing it.

Please stop.

Think of someone who is sleeping under the bridge tonight....You're thinking you've got it made. You should be ashamed, not here boasting about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
80 thousand dollar education to make 40 thousand in a year .... .... Really !! That sound like bs to me .

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm truly sorry if I came across as too cruel.

I just cannot stand people expecting other's to pick up their slack!

It's just not right or fair to the ones that work their asses off!

If you are mobile, if your arms and legs work, if you can speak or hear...You are able to HELP!

Damn IT! Get with it!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The big sharks don't like to prey on their own kind, so they prey on the middle class.

When I was working in a supposedly decent corporate job and single, my tax bracket was over 40% after paying Medicaid, and Social Security. That's ridiculous. For having a supposed 'decent' job which was in the upper 12% income bracket, I sure had to watch my money, and live carefully.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
First mistake, taking out college loans. It is better to get training with an employer, within six years you can get up to a good job and get paid all of the time. Second thing is living above what you need to live at because of the expections of the social class you live in. Now, it is better for one person to work and the other to take care of the kids.

We messed up society, listening to a bunch of deceivers. People trying to talk us into going to college to support of their kind......teachers. What happened to on the job training and advancement? The education system does not teach as much as we are led to believe except for a few specialty fields.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I reread your OP. I think 80 percent of everything you said is absolute BS. You're full of it.

God Bless America! Were the middle class live poor and the poor live middle class. WTF!

More BS.

ETA, oh Mr. Master's degree, the word you want here is "where", not were.
edit on 1/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Well not having home internet is a good idea, which we did for a number of months, it meant my husband was at the campus library constantly---it was a choice we made to a well more than $50 bucks in gas money and time.

Regarding the lying about education: you DID see that I was quoting the OP, right???

Again, boo freaking hoo. Your husband had to spend time on a college campus using their computers. I just don't understand why that is such a big deal.

Sacrifices are part of being a grown up....You and your husband have apparently not reached that goal just yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, tried to reply to you quote but BBC code showed a mess.

So here goes......

That's why I like ATS! It isn't like Facebook where you can mthrfk people without repercussions! There is no need to call people names to get our points across? I know! It is the example our political Gods set for us, but it doesn't mean it is right or even constructive in solving our differences? I love how we as adults can address the poor behavior of our children, but yet as adults, we can't see how brain washed we have become to act as our political representatives?

To be honest? When a MOD gives me a spanking for stepping out of line, I thank them and apologize! Ask em!

But we as citizens cannot allow ourselves to act out as our representative government officials! The division has to STOP!

We have 2 parties that are polar opposites who both serve the same masters! When can us serfs realize it? It's time we treat our masters with contempt and treat our equals with the same compassion we would expect?

edit on 1-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join