It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live better on Welfare then I ever did working!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

Good question ckhk3, our student loans are so high mainly because we both went to top teir private schools. We both didn't qualify for grants, or scholorships. Like most students today our parents didn't meet the income requirements to get government assistance, yet our parents couldn't afford to help with college cost, so ultimately we both had to borrow 100% of our college education and work to pay for living expenses. We didn't know eachother at the time, but we both fell into the same catagory. I remember going to the financial aid office my freshman year and the advisor put it perrty blunt "we don't have anything for white A/B students, if you were anything but white we might have something for you". Even our major didn't have much. We applied for every nickle and dime scholorship out there and didn't get much. I reiceved a few $100 scholorships here and there but nearly 100% of my college cost had to be borrowed if I were to attend. I was young and ignorant to the ways of the world. I was always told that going to college was the only way into the middle class and that borrowing to pay for school would pay for itself and then some once I graduated. However, after I graduated and entered the workforce my BS degree didn't get me much more then those with high school diploma's. So again being ingorant I feel for the "get a masters, that will seperate you from the pack". So again I got my masters and borrowed 100% of the cost while my day job paid for my living expenses. I wish I had more to show for it but I don't. Knowing what I know now I would of been better off with a trade skill because people with my degree are a dime a dozen. Here is some reference material for extra reading. lifehacker.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Sounds like a plan, hope you don't get into trouble somehow.

It's insane though, how can our government be able to sustain such programs if people start doing the math and give up on the old American dream?

Your catch phrase should be, "Do the math!"

The amount of money spent of welfare for indivudals is really not very much compared to many other expenditures governments make. One of the biggest ares of spending by goverments if military, black budgets and corporate welfare.

Many people get up in arms about welfare for individuals but they are the same people who say nothing about corproate welfare. Would that be because the lady or the man on TV has not told them about corporate welfare and therefore dont know about it? Is it the case that just because its not talked about in the media it therefore not an issue?

Should it be due to either of these two possible explanations, it just goes to show how easily the plublic (sheeple) can be trained up by the media to have the view about a subject TPTB want them to have?

In fact, I would suggest that there is a definite agenda on the part of the TPTB to make welfare for individuals a 4 letter word while very quielty saying nothing about corporate welfare.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this OP. I know it was a lot of work and possibly difficult to talk about. I myself in tough times have also lied on applications to make myself look stupid so I could get hired at lower end jobs. The system we live in is nothing short of mentally retarded. It does not reward hard work, it rewards laziness.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm behind you op

I've just chucked mine ! I was working for 60 pound a week more and was getting up at 4:30 for a job I hate !
And after 20 years I ain't having it !
I'm having a year out , retraining and doing a job I like ! I don't care to do it for 60 a week more . But I've got to like and enjoy what I'm doing ! We'll done op should of done it a lot sooner !

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PaladinRoden

Great post which tackles something also happening in the UK - where the cost of living is terrific. Had to laugh when an African immigrant who desperately barged his way into europe without a penny or job prospect in sight said, he wouldn't come to the UK because we pay too much tax. It still tickles me pink on one side and annoys me on the other side of the coin.

I do think that when people elect to give their time up and work very hard to get a decent qualification that the education should be free. It should only be paid for if the qualified individual then elects to live in another country. Then the debt should be taken up because of no return from paying for their education.

It makes me furious that in the UK the scots get free education to qualify so no debt whilst the english have to pay the full whack and can end up with £40,000 or far more in debt. Who then can go to get the top jobs within the cities and afford to live because of no student fee debt - certainly not the english graduates.

When I qualified the education was free, paying for university came in later and I never agreed with it, except for the universal student who never works, just does course after course.

If the arms and defence budgets were put into government owned departments instead of private companies who charge what they want as the government is held literally to ransom, we would all pay less into the pot and of course were our governments to concentrate on trade, health improvement, education, quality of living standards and got everyone who wished it off the homeless sites and into decent housing, we would all enjoy a better standard of living and our streets would be safer.

They could of course do a lot of this this by legalising the drug trade and benefitting from its tax income, but that would be something that required common sense and not personal greed - we really do need change in a big way on both sides of the pond.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Congratulation! You have developed freeloading to a science.
Evidently, you still retain your self-respect in some fashion?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Its all true what you say and you get to live 'stress free'.

its way more healthier!

the downside is that you don't get to mingle with others... and if you are single it can become boring.
edit on CSTFri, 02 Jan 2015 06:20:13 -0600u3106x013x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'll make my family read this today. Kids need to know how hard it is.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kismetpair927

and you remember the government shutdown? SNAP cards didn't work for days.
I'm almost concerned that you're trolling---rarely do we see such blind lust for government subsidies on this site.

It's true in the UK as well. My cousin was married and they struggled to afford to make mortgage payments. Went to a "benfits advisor, and she suggested that if they legally separated, they could ditch the mortgage, get a council house each (with the option to right to buy). The only catch? He doesn't try and look for a job.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

All I can say is well done.

Some would say you took things too far.... but as I grow older I realize there is no such place.

I feel you on the day care. For a while I was paying $1,200 a month on daycare.

It's so dang expensive. And if you want to be a responsible member of society and work. You got to stick your kids somewhere. And someplace besides some neighbors house just in case there's an emergency.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

God bless America! You think that every immigrant doesn't know this system before they get here? They're educated on the intricacies of it before they even arrive. It's why we're in the hole we're in.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I could never take a penny from anyone.

It's that "Pride" thing my Parents instilled in me.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Why would You start a family without establishing a "Sound Base"? Because You had kids You couldn't afford folks like I get to pick up Your SLACK!! I broke My back/neck as a cop and now I get $1207/month taken out of My pension so Y'all can go to the Zoo..

If You're not part of the "solution" You're part of the "problem" Using Your Master's that the rest of U.S. get to pay for, which one are You?

How You can sleep is beyond this "common passerby"

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Good for you.

If government subsidies are good enough for Wall Street, they are good enough for Main Street.

To the haters, if you don't like where your taxes are going, vote out the Democrats and Republicans, because guess what...

Democrats want money to give to corporations in the name of helping the poor...
Republicans want money to give to corporations in the name of helping the rich...

Notice that most of this guys assistance is form of subsidies that go directly to corporations for overpriced services that no one can afford anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Soooo, you are living off of others paying taxes and you are not ashamed of your actions????

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

EEyyww haeve gr8 speylling four a culludge grajuwate! Kongrdjulashions en cheeting tha sistum!~

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Meh, all this is misleading info. The state of Texas, or any other state didn't approve all these funds. He has lied to them, or he's lying to us. Probably both.

I'm not a Grinch. If they were disabled or unable to find work, I would be supportive of his assistance.

But if a couple can't live on a combined income of 86,000 a year, then something is way wrong. Anybody who read his OP can see that. There are rigorous questions and criteria which must be met to receive the kinds of assistance he's talking about. The people in my city living on welfare the way he claims he is, mostly live in Section VIII housing, have Medicaid and food stamps, yet the government is picking up a $1,500 rent bill for them every month?

And he's claiming they are so much better off on Welfare?

Utter nonsense. This thread is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Soooo, you are living off of others paying taxes and you are not ashamed of your actions????

It seems quite the opposite.

I sense a twisted form of pride for figuring out the system.

It's sad. It speaks to everything that is wrong with our Country.

Not slamming the OP....Its all they know. It's just a game to them.

Sad and pathetic results of our new welfare state.

Murica...."I Got Mine".

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I have to say I personally appreciate this post for the detailed information. It took a lot of guts to post that.

Anyhow it's sad that our country has gotten so backward that two able body people, on all levels, can't make a go of it in the USA, and that they'd have to resort to welfare to live a normal life with their family.

Something is very wrong with our entire system when these things are happening.

First thing that comes to mind when I read this story was "Greece" and what happened to them.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I know how you feel, Ive thought about trying this myself.
Im a single full time dad and making ends meet is hard.
I dont have any car payments or credit cards, and after all the bills are paid I have about 80-100 a week to live on before groceries and fuel for the car. And fuel is around 40 a week.
And I dont live in the greatest area, Im about 3 miles from Ferguson.
I would love to get my son into a better school district, but dont know how I would do it.
Btw, I have no health care currently, its to expensive, over $500 a month for my son and I. And I dont qualify for any of the subsidies.
edit on 2-1-2015 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join