It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: Jamie1
So where do you perceive the power is missing?

And why do you assume I'm white?

You set up the dichotomy when you compared yourself to a black person in Ferguson.

If you aren't aware there is power in the opportunities afforded one race over another in this country, I don't have the time or interest to educate you to a point where we can continue this conversation.

That's what I'm asking. Where are these powerful opportunities that are being arranged for everybody except blacks?

My Vietnamese friend got here three years ago, couldn't speak English, and had almost no money. She worked two jobs and just opened her own nail salon.

Are blacks not allowed to do the same thing?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: FyreByrd

How unfortunate that when we see police COMPETENCY we are suspicious.

Thumbs up for a job well done officers!

I agree with you - but what does it say when we 'excuse' and 'justify' police incompetency?

Or perhaps 'lack of williness to 'apply' competent methods' when a 'scary' unarmed black man is involved.

edit on 1-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
The people who say you are not facing reality actually mean that you are not facing their idea of reality. Reality is above all else a variable. With a firm enough commitment, you can sometimes create a reality which did not exist before.

MARGARET HALSEY, No Laughing Matter

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

JOHN LENNON, attributed, As Time Goes By: Living in the Sixties with John Lennon

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. The above quotes are discussing subjective realities,I was discussing objective reality.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Like your Realtor always says... Location Location Location...

Every wonder why if a person walked the streets of Watts with a gun they would most likely be shot, but the same person lets say in Portland would not?

Now that could be an answer - it's departmental training. Well then, let's improve the training of officers where they don't display these competencies.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: windword

How unfortunate that when we see police COMPETENCY we are suspicious.

Thumbs up for a job well done officers!

I agree with you - but what does it say when we 'excuse' and 'justify' police incompetency?

Or perhaps 'lack of williness to 'apply' compent methods' when a 'scary' unarmed black man is involved.

I am sure the police officers who may or may not read your initial post didn't feel like you were addressing their "competency"!

Address the justice system and "law makers" instead of blaming the police and making it a "racial" issue and you might be taken more seriously?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Always the same white people making sure to tell everyone that nothing is ever about race...

It kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

there is nothing to think about. everyone has to eat somehow

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Not allowed to... what? Move from vietnam into a tightly knit preexisting culture of independence and success, with whatever tools to succeed already ingrained on them from their culture of origin?

I'm not sure of the question.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Keep making it about race.

If it is not about race what is is about?

Poor training of officers?

Socio - economic class?

Age?

Location, as an earilier poster mentioned?

What is this about?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3

Maybe the difference was the personality of each cop handling the situation. You do know one trigger happy cop doesn't speak for a cop who sees the good in people, right?

Another possibilty here - should such personalities be 'peace officers'?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Not allowed to... what? Move from vietnam into a tightly knit preexisting culture of independence and success, with whatever tools to succeed already ingrained on them from their culture of origin?

So are you saying that blacks don't have the proper mentality for success and independence? By "ingrained" you mean mentally, not physically, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Are you saying "white people" are not victims of the same kind of tyrannical justice?

Yes, I am saying that. That is actually my entire point. This isn't even worth arguing, considering the mountains of evidence that even a cursory search will net you.

They sure as hell are! But yet I'll bet you won't dare address black on black violence? If you were a cop and had a beat in a neighborhood that had high violence regardless of skin color, would you be lackadaisical in you rounds?

You know that most violence in our country happens within the same race, right? Yup. Black on black violence is a thing... the number pales to white on white violence, however. I don't understand how this addresses anything though.

Sometimes the truth hurts in addressing an issue! But I can see how Progressive ideologies have conditioned many to point their fingers rather than except responsibility?

Hell, look at our educational system! Nothing more than a "slave factory"!

Prisons are actually slave factories. As in, factories using slave labor. Guess what color most people in prison are?

Anyhow, I just want everyone to get along. You continue to push whatever you believe or are brainwashed into thinking is the right thing to do, and I will continue to exercise my freedom of speech to disagree with you!

I am the one pleading for equality, while you are allowing yourself to be used as a tool to further create more division!

Just remember!

The path to hell is paved with people with good intentions!

United we stand, divided we fall!

Easy choice for me!

Easy choice for you because you aren't being oppressed.

How long are we to be held under that standard? Do some people use it as a crutch to blame whitey? Do white people have a few that are bad apples? Is there any blame from both sides? How do we fix the problem? What is it you want done from each side of the issue? Is there really anything I can do on a personal level without bending over and taking a beating for something I never practiced?

White people usually flock together under the same skin color. Black people do the same. White people are the majority and it should reflect that in the numbers above. A percentage of black people need to quit going about things the wrong way. It hurts the cause and creates more tensions between all. Maybe you need to change your narrative to rich people because there are some poor white people who have nothing to do with your problem. I'm only saying this because I truly want to see success for the nation and the people who live in it.

So, we're already wrong and anything we offer isn't going to be taken seriously. No common ground, no concessions, and no budging isn't the answer. I'll watch and pity the human condition hoping for some sense in a sea of despair.

But I'm not oppressing anyone. That's the point. I don't have that kind of power over anyone. Please pick your enemy better and quit being racist by labeling all whites as your oppressors. You know that automatically puts people on the defensive. Then they become the very thing you despise, racist. It's a never ending battle if the narrative isn't changed. Get people of all colors to see the real problem. When you label one race the enemy, they usually become your enemy. That goes for all sides of the debate if you even call it one.

I can only change myself. I am respectable to everyone I meet until they give me reason not to be. I am part of the human condition and try to be a better part of it. I'm not holier than thou. We're in this together. They said, you said, should be we said. We all have work to do to try to make this place better for all. I still say your enemy is the rich but deep down I think you are your own worse enemy.
edit on 1-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Rather than blaming or pointing to race immediately, I think the biggest factor has to do with the attitude, training and protocols of the police department and individual police officers.

For example, the Albuquerque New Mexico police dont care what color you are.

Albuquerque police lieutenant advertises “Killology” classes.

New militarized police training introduces “shoot first” policy for New Mexico cops.

After 26 Fatal Shootings by Cops in Last Four Years, Police Chief of New Mexico’s Largest City Put on ‘Trial’.

I agree with you that the 'militarization' of police departments through out the country (USA) is exacerbating the problem but it is not the 'cause' of the disproportionate use of deadly force against people of color.

Lt. Col. (Ret) Dave Grossman's 'Killology' has no place in a peace officer's training.

I do receommend reading his work though, especially his early writings. He talks a lot about how hard it is to teach people to kill other people and just how to do so. Very powerful work and I thank you for mentioning his work.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So are you saying that blacks don't have the proper mentality for success and independence? By "ingrained" you mean mentally, not physically, right?

No, I'm not saying that. I am saying that they don't have equal educational opportunities afforded them. This isn't new information... I don't understand what your hold up is.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Did I hold you responsible or blame you for anything other than your opinion?

Please pick your enemy better and quit being racist by labeling all whites as your oppressors. You know that automatically puts people on the defensive. Then they become the very thing you despise, racist.

Have I said anything about all whites doing anything? Could it be that you are feeling defensive because of your opinions?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No, I'm not saying that. I am saying that they don't have equal educational opportunities afforded them. This isn't new information... I don't understand what your hold up is.

You specifically referred to my Vietnamese friend having cultural traits for success and independence ingrained in her.

Do you not believe blacks have these same cultural traits ingrained in them? My Vietnamese friend got here in 2011 and barely spoke English. She taught herself, worked two jobs, and now has opened her own nail salon.

What educational opportunities do you feel blacks are lacking that would prevent them from working two minimum wage jobs that don't even require knowing how to speak English, and then open their own business?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Then youre admitting that the black inner city cultures they are cultivating are the problem.....

Thank you for admitting to it

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So youre saying the schools in vietnam are better then the opportunity for education they have here in the US?

Oh please get off it.......

Every person of every race has the opportunity to partake of an education , and self improvement SO LONG AS THEY HAVE THE WILL AND THE DRIVE........

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You specifically referred to my Vietnamese friend having cultural traits for success and independence ingrained in her.

Do you not believe blacks have these same cultural traits ingrained in them?

Do I believe American Blacks have Vietnamese cultural traits ingrained in them? Nope.

My Vietnamese friend got here in 2011 and barely spoke English. She taught herself, worked two jobs, and now has opened her own nail salon.

What educational opportunities do you feel blacks are lacking that would prevent them from working two minimum wage jobs that don't even require knowing how to speak English, and then open their own business?

I won't speak hypothetically about a person that may not even exist. Besides, your exceptional friend isn't the rule, but the exception, because I know plenty of people, White, Black, and Asian, who work two jobs and could never afford to open their own business.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Do I believe American Blacks have Vietnamese cultural traits ingrained in them? Nope.

Youre being purposefully obtuse because you got caught in your own rhetoric.....

I won't speak hypothetically about a person that may not even exist. Besides, your exceptional friend isn't the rule, but the exception, because I know plenty of people, White, Black, and Asian, who work two jobs and could never afford to open their own business.

And yet you already did speak hypothetically because you made some assumptions about them you couldnt possibly know..........

if you know plenty of black white and asian people in this situation then i suppose it makes your previous slanderous statements irrelevant doesnt it?

News flash, we can see right through you...stop with the race baiting

edit on 1/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So youre saying the schools in vietnam are better then the opportunity for education they have here in the US?

Nope. I'm also not really interested in talking about Vietnam, so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join