It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Did you ever consider that the people that are defending their race, do so because they are not racists?

No. Because if you think that all white people aren't racist because you aren't a racist... then you are a racist.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

That sounds retarded. So, if you are not racist and think others are not also, you're automatically racist? # you.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

That sounds retarded. So, if you are not racist and think others are not also, you're automatically racist? # you.

Reread my sentence.

If you believe no white people are racist because you aren't racist, you hold a racist belief, as in an overarching belief about a trait that you feel all white people share.

That is a racist mindset.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn .. how tiresome .. yet another race baiting and stir the # thread ..

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Damn, sorry guy. I get passionate because I'm to the point where it's all bad. Both sides are sick but that doesn't mean all sides are. I just want people to act normal. I'm tired of getting blamed for all the world's ills. It was broke way before I was born. It's just worse now.

I'll yell at myself in the mirror for saying that last part in the above post. I was wrong and admit it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn .. how tiresome .. yet another race baiting and stir the # thread ..

Yup
Just another example of people trying to read between the lines instead of just reading the lines.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

You try to head these off at the pass with solutions to the problem. You don't place the blame. Placing the blame is what has gotten us to this point. Time to reflect on mistakes and fix the problem. It doesn't seem like it would be all that hard but if this keeps up, it will get to a point where it'll be harder to deal with.

People do not want to hear that they are to blame even if they are. You tell the truth and let them argue with themselves. The one's who are worth a # will change. The others go away to places like prison or buried. I would suck as a person if I picked a side. I know all sides don't want to address the issue. They need to understand that it needs to be addressed for things to get better.

It all reminds me of this.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think they save all the bat s*** crazy killers up for something. Put 'em in jail for life. If theres ever a real revolution they can open the flood gates, arm them, give them each an expense account and let them go into the cities to raise "Cain".

Just like they did in countries in the Middle East. People are too busy defending their families against the evil hordes to fight the government.

Just an idea I been tossing around with since i witnessed what happened during the "insurgency" in Libya and Syria.

Otherwise, what are they saving all the worst offenders (millions of them) in prisons across the nation for?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Reread my sentence.

If you believe no white people are racist because you aren't racist, you hold a racist belief, as in an overarching belief about a trait that you feel all white people share.

That is a racist mindset.

If you believe no "black" people are you aren't racist, you hold a recist belief, as in an overarching belief about a trait the you feel all "black" people share.?

Works both ways!

Granting anyone a free pass because of their skin color in reality is not only favoring one over the other but racist in itself!

I highly doubt MLK would agree with any "race pimps" that are currently doing what they do to not only further divide "US" by our skin color, but by using his good works to create an atmosphere where the color of ones skin doesn't matter, to defame it by making a mockery of what he stood for and why he was assassinated?
edit on 1-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

These are completely different situations with completely different people involved, and white people have been killed by the police.

Police kept a tight lid on information Wednesday about a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night.
the Daily Republic

Poccia told police on the phone that he would come out of his house unarmed, but his family says the police escalated the situation by launching a "full-scale SWAT action."
Courthouse News
edit on 1-1-2015 by Jennyfrenzy because: ETA

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Expat888

You try to head these off at the pass with solutions to the problem. You don't place the blame. Placing the blame is what has gotten us to this point. Time to reflect on mistakes and fix the problem. It doesn't seem like it would be all that hard but if this keeps up, it will get to a point where it'll be harder to deal with.

People do not want to hear that they are to blame even if they are. You tell the truth and let them argue with themselves. The one's who are worth a # will change. The others go away to places like prison or buried. I would suck as a person if I picked a side. I know all sides don't want to address the issue. They need to understand that it needs to be addressed for things to get better.

It all reminds me of this.

People do not want to hear that they are to blame even if they are.

That right there sums it up perfectly!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There's a problem with that. Look at the weapon sales in the past decade. We will not go gently into that good night. I can promise you that I will defend my family with all the tools at my disposal. So, please pick a side, I'll stay on the side of right.

Don't take kindness as weakness. There's that duality of man thing in all of us. I'm not going out like that. I'll gravitate to the people who are like minded. I'll protect the good and kill the bad. Simple # really. At least the military taught me something. I'm not Billy Bob bad ass. I will fight to the death for what's right.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lol that's a scary damn thought...

What makes it worse in my eyes is that i believe if someone has a thought, such as yours, their is a polar opposite somewhere in the World who also had the same thought but for different reasons...

You may be onto something with that.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Add some fixes. I don't want to live in a battle zone. Who does? Come on man, open up some dialogue. It shouldn't be one sided. I want to hear from all races. I want everything out in the open. I ultimately want it fixed. The thing is most people who are respectable will usually be like-minded. That leaves us with who isn't. Now what?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
If you believe no "black" people are you aren't racist, you hold a recist belief, as in an overarching belief about a trait the you feel all "black" people share.?

Works both ways!

Does it make you feel better to point out flaws in another group of people so as not to seem so bad yourself?

Black people can be racist, certainly, but you are aware that Racism is about power imbalance, aren't you, and seeing as blacks in our society are not afforded the same types of power on a large scale that white people are, they don't have the ability to be racist within this culture. But, I am splitting hairs, and you don't understand what I'm saying anyway..

Granting anyone a free pass because of their skin color in reality is not only favoring one over the other but racist in itself!

I highly doubt MLK would agree with any "race pimps" that are currently doing what they do to not only further divide "US" by our skin color, but by using his good works to create an atmosphere where the color of ones skin doesn't matter, to defame it by making a mockery of what he stood for and why he was assassinated?

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with anything I said, so I am simply going to leave you to your ranting.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'll yell at myself in the mirror for saying that last part in the above post. I was wrong and admit it.

No worries.

I've had worse said to me on this site in the last 24 hours. It takes a strong character to admit when your wrong and its admirable.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Elect only minorities for the next few presidents. Anybody that objects or acts up doesn't really need to be living in the land of the free.

It's not the land of the free and home of the whites.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I had to take blame even if I'm a little foggy from last night. I'm glad you accepted my apology. I just wish more people could admit when they are wrong. We might not be fighting along racial lines. I still dream of a world like Star Trek. It's a pipe dream in reality but it's a nice one. One day we'll wake up and this will all be behind us and we can shoot for the stars. Before that, we need to shoot for compassion. There's not enough of it anymore.

We all want what's best for our family. I still like most people I meet. I don't treat people differently unless I have reason to do so. Let's work together and quit the foolishness.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: seeker1963

Works both ways!

Does it make you feel better to point out flaws in another group of people so as not to seem so bad yourself?

Black people can be racist, certainly, but you are aware that Racism is about power imbalance, aren't you, and seeing as blacks in our society are not afforded the same types of power on a large scale that white people are, they don't have the ability to be racist within this culture. But, I am splitting hairs, and you don't understand what I'm saying anyway..

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with anything I said, so I am simply going to leave you to your ranting.

Isn't that what your doing?

As MLK said, "judge a man by their character, not the color of their skin"!

Al Sharpton and his ilk should shudder in fear if MLK could come back from the dead to knock the snip out those who have destroyed everything he worked for!

I am not ranting, but merely pointing out how your political reverence is clouding your judgment. For us to get along, we need to shed our differences as far as what color skin we were born with. Equality will breed out the ignorance as long as we stop fanning the flames of hatred by pointing out our differences!

Call it a rant if you will, I prefer to call it "common sense"!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why?

Why would Al Sharpton and his ilk shudder in fear of MLK? You believe that people working to point out that institutional racism is very much alive in this country are the cause of racism instead of the product of racism.

What do you advocate? Sticking your head in the sand and hoping racism just goes away? There were a bunch of white people calling MLK a racist back in the day, and I don't think I have to wonder much which side of the debate you would have been on back then, considering your continued opinions on the same subjects today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join