It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk
a reply to: seeker1963

Why?

Why would Al Sharpton and his ilk shudder in fear of MLK? You believe that people working to point out that institutional racism is very much alive in this country are the cause of racism instead of the product of racism.

What do you advocate? Sticking your head in the sand and hoping racism just goes away? There were a bunch of white people calling MLK a racist back in the day, and I don't think I have to wonder much which side of the debate you would have been on back then, considering your continued opinions on the same subjects today.

Maybe your right!

I'll just fall in line with Obama and Eric Holder, but pick a different team so we just continue on the path of creating a climate of racial violence due to community organizers with a goal of destruction versus learning to get along!

Happy?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I agree with that. Obama needs to address his constituents. He is the leader of the nation after all. Put a leash on all the Rev. Al Sharpton"s. Who is talking about mutually benefiting all sides? Not one person. That's why nothing gets done. There's more to it than that. Media has a field day with racial stories that promote more of the same. I don't see anyone protesting them.

They leave the floodgates wide open for civil unrest. They must be dealt with. The only way to do that is to promote truth. Truth will kill anything that isn't. I just don't see the truth out there yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
If you believe no "black" people are you aren't racist, you hold a recist belief, as in an overarching belief about a trait the you feel all "black" people share.?

Works both ways!

Does it make you feel better to point out flaws in another group of people so as not to seem so bad yourself?

Black people can be racist, certainly, but you are aware that Racism is about power imbalance, aren't you, and seeing as blacks in our society are not afforded the same types of power on a large scale that white people are, they don't have the ability to be racist within this culture. But, I am splitting hairs, and you don't understand what I'm saying anyway..

Granting anyone a free pass because of their skin color in reality is not only favoring one over the other but racist in itself!

I highly doubt MLK would agree with any "race pimps" that are currently doing what they do to not only further divide "US" by our skin color, but by using his good works to create an atmosphere where the color of ones skin doesn't matter, to defame it by making a mockery of what he stood for and why he was assassinated?

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with anything I said, so I am simply going to leave you to your ranting.

How do you define power?

Obama is half-black and he's POTUS. Holder is the AG.

How much power is the "right" amount of power for 12.6% of the population to hold?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

How much power is the "right" amount of power for 12.6% of the population to hold?

Obama was elected to the presidency because white people elected him. Holder is the AG because white people approved his nomination.

How much power should a black person have? As much as a white person.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Maybe your right!

I'll just fall in line with Obama and Eric Holder, but pick a different team so we just continue on the path of creating a climate of racial violence due to community organizers with a goal of destruction versus learning to get along!

Happy?

So, you believe that black people should learn to get along? How is that? By shutting up about the power imbalances? By keeping quiet that disproportionate amounts of blacks are jailed, killed by police, and targeted for stop and frisk policies?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Obama was elected to the presidency because white people elected him. Holder is the AG because white people approved his nomination.

I get one vote and pay 35% in taxes for my one vote.

What do you think a black dude in Ferguson who pays no taxes should get?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The opportunities you had, apparently.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Would I be racist to say, "I believe that between Obama and Holder that they have done more to instigate racial hatred and set this country back 50 years?".

He distinctly made the comment, "MY PEOPLE"! Right there shows how race is being used to create laws that shows leniency because of skin color!

Was that MLK's message?

Keep in mind, that the biggest threat to the government is any man/woman promoting peace!

Obama and Holder as much as I despise them are doing what they were told! Use their race to further divide and weaken our country!

I want my country to come together! PERIOD!

By supporting division, you support the destruction or out country!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The opportunities you had, apparently.

So where do you perceive the power is missing?

And why do you assume I'm white?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: FyreByrd

Fanning the flames to bring you the constant variety
of racism.

FyreByrd! On ATSs Wide World of Sports!

Sorry

Pointing out injustice isn't equivalent to committing an act of injustice. You probably knew that but couldn't come up with anything better. I get that. I'm surprised people still throw it out there.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So where do you perceive the power is missing?

And why do you assume I'm white?

You set up the dichotomy when you compared yourself to a black person in Ferguson.

If you aren't aware there is power in the opportunities afforded one race over another in this country, I don't have the time or interest to educate you to a point where we can continue this conversation.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

He distinctly made the comment, "MY PEOPLE"! Right there shows how race is being used to create laws that shows leniency because of skin color!

laws that favor black people? That's so ridiculous it insults everyone that reads it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Would I be racist to say, "I believe that between Obama and Holder that they have done more to instigate racial hatred and set this country back 50 years?".

Well, no. I don't think it is racist for you to say, unless you would be mad at any black man that would make that statement. Then, it is clearly a racially motivated opinion.

Was that MLK's message?

Keep in mind, that the biggest threat to the government is any man/woman promoting peace!

Obama and Holder as much as I despise them are doing what they were told! Use their race to further divide and weaken our country!

I want my country to come together! PERIOD!

By supporting division, you support the destruction or out country!

I can't speak to the rest of this, because its mostly just your unsubstantiated opinion on government.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: FyreByrd

Fanning the flames to bring you the constant variety
of racism.

FyreByrd! On ATSs Wide World of Sports!

Sorry

Pointing out injustice isn't equivalent to committing an act of injustice. You probably knew that but couldn't come up with anything better. I get that. I'm surprised people still throw it out there.

Only problem with your premise is that there was no injustice pointed out by the OP, unless you believe that it would have been some type of warped justice for the crazy white lady with the gun to have been killed by the cops.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Maybe your right!

Happy?

So, you believe that black people should learn to get along? How is that? By shutting up about the power imbalances? By keeping quiet that disproportionate amounts of blacks are jailed, killed by police, and targeted for stop and frisk policies?

Are you saying "white people" are not victims of the same kind of tyrannical justice?

They sure as hell are! But yet I'll bet you won't dare address black on black violence? If you were a cop and had a beat in a neighborhood that had high violence regardless of skin color, would you be lackadaisical in you rounds?

Sometimes the truth hurts in addressing an issue! But I can see how Progressive ideologies have conditioned many to point their fingers rather than except responsibility?

Hell, look at our educational system! Nothing more than a "slave factory"!

Anyhow, I just want everyone to get along. You continue to push whatever you believe or are brainwashed into thinking is the right thing to do, and I will continue to exercise my freedom of speech to disagree with you!

I am the one pleading for equality, while you are allowing yourself to be used as a tool to further create more division!

Just remember!

The path to hell is paved with people with good intentions!

United we stand, divided we fall!

Easy choice for me!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

So my opinion is unsubstantiated and yours is the gospel?

Roflmao!

Not sure if us adults have been conditioned by how our government behaves, but that statement pretty much says it all!

Good luck in your surviving the future you seem to love being responsible for creating..........

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Are you saying "white people" are not victims of the same kind of tyrannical justice?

Yes, I am saying that. That is actually my entire point. This isn't even worth arguing, considering the mountains of evidence that even a cursory search will net you.

They sure as hell are! But yet I'll bet you won't dare address black on black violence? If you were a cop and had a beat in a neighborhood that had high violence regardless of skin color, would you be lackadaisical in you rounds?

You know that most violence in our country happens within the same race, right? Yup. Black on black violence is a thing... the number pales to white on white violence, however. I don't understand how this addresses anything though.

Sometimes the truth hurts in addressing an issue! But I can see how Progressive ideologies have conditioned many to point their fingers rather than except responsibility?

Hell, look at our educational system! Nothing more than a "slave factory"!

Prisons are actually slave factories. As in, factories using slave labor. Guess what color most people in prison are?

Anyhow, I just want everyone to get along. You continue to push whatever you believe or are brainwashed into thinking is the right thing to do, and I will continue to exercise my freedom of speech to disagree with you!

I am the one pleading for equality, while you are allowing yourself to be used as a tool to further create more division!

Just remember!

The path to hell is paved with people with good intentions!

United we stand, divided we fall!

Easy choice for me!

Easy choice for you because you aren't being oppressed.
edit on 1-1-2015 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that way. I just don't really know how to argue against an opinion that has no basis in reality.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
An in depth investigation is needed.

Studies need to determine the psychology involved.

And that includes the way some stories are written.

Oh No Xuenchen NOT psychology! That science is junk science!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that way. I just don't really know how to argue against an opinion that has no basis in reality.

The people who say you are not facing reality actually mean that you are not facing their idea of reality. Reality is above all else a variable. With a firm enough commitment, you can sometimes create a reality which did not exist before.

MARGARET HALSEY, No Laughing Matter

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

JOHN LENNON, attributed, As Time Goes By: Living in the Sixties with John Lennon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join