It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's all good. I sold my front row seat to the freak show when I moved from Detroit. It's a whole lot quieter now and life is better. I'll never like drugs. Why does a person need drugs? Is it that they cannot face reality? Your problems will be there when you wake up out of your mind altering stupor. I pity the people hooked on drugs because they chase happiness that will never be found. Call me a control freak.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
this would be a different thread if this would have happened near no.stl or if some type of history in this area could be linked to certain types of shootings where this event would be contrasting what has been the norm in the area
edit on 1-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Have you ever spent time in the inner city?

Yup, I'm actually posting from the inner city... right... now...

You jump all over the place. I have a hard time following your logic because it is too situational. I think you're trolling most of the time, because I don't think someone as coherent in sentence structure could be so daft in logic, outside of religious or nationalist indoctrinations, of course.

So, keep spinning your yarns, they are fun to read, but ultimately junk food.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

I don't think she has ever been to the inner-city. Probably a good thing. It'll give one a unique perspective on reality.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The thread is going all over the pace but every little piece has a part to play as to why. I want to get to the root problem. Maybe the cop was racist or better yet, a good cop. Maybe if he had someone of a black skin color, he would have done the same thing. Speculation doesn't make things better. It further divides.

The thread is about racism and the perceived way we think of it. I wanted to show people through life experiences what I thought about racism. The reason is that I want the word to die. I want the nation to come together. It's not white guilt. It's the uselessness of the word itself.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What explains the the cops' relatively restrained behaviour: skin colour of the perpetrator, or sex of the perpetrator? I believe the latter is far more likely.

Of course, there is nothing like a good race-baiting thread on ATS, so carry on...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

You jump all over the place. I have a hard time following your logic because it is too situational. I think you're trolling most of the time, because I don't think someone as coherent in sentence structure could be so daft in logic, outside of religious or nationalist indoctrinations, of course.

Your very coherent in your sentence structure as well! Should you be judged in the same manner?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

While I know there is a definite problem with racism in our police forces across the US, I think it's very a geographically-based problem. There are places in our nation where racism is generally a blight on society and, in turn, it's a blight on their police departments. There are also much more enlightened parts of our nation where it's simply not a big issue.

For example, where I live, the Eric Garner scenario would have never happened. The police here largely respond to threats with professionalism and common sense. The John Crawford shooting in Walmart? That wouldn't have been handled with the immediate guns-blazing response we saw on the video.

The reason it seems like it's a nationwide issue is because people who are racist against black folks usually live where there's a lot of black folks. Hate is an addiction, it seems. So when we see unarmed black men get shot by police for reaching for a wallet, it's normally in one of those places.

So those same cops who found a reasonable end to the situation of the white lady playing GTA in Meatspace, may have very well treated a black man the same way.

There's definitely something to be said about the quality of cops vastly fluctuating according to the region in question. That's why it's hard to badmouth cops around where I live because most people here feel comfortable with our LEOs (not just the white folks) in general. Am I scared of police? Yep. Do I fear for my life when I'm pulled over? Yep. But if my only view of cops were of the local ones, I wouldn't be scared at all.

I started out thinking I was going to make a very profound point but I realized all I'm doing is vaguely saying that the police in the south simply suck.

Sorry for the aimless rambling. Happy new year, rabble rabble.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

The thread is about racism and the perceived way we think of it. I wanted to show people through life experiences what I thought about racism. The reason is that I want the word to die. I want the nation to come together. It's not white guilt. It's the uselessness of the word itself.

The word and concept cannot 'die' until the discussion is had. The word is not 'useless' if it catalyses discussion.

Race is an important subject, perhaps the most important subject.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Maybe he wasn't on steroids.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Here's the bait. Do you think you are better than the rest of the races? Do you believe people of other races are less than human? See what I did there?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

only once contributing factors are adressed in general can we begin to point toward personal responsibility as being the solution to the problems. as it stands now there will always be certain individuals that will be great no matter where they are from.

things like the drug war and the way society treats non violent criminals. when one is busted for possession and their life options are now a fraction of what they were then their mentality of not much to lose comes into play when rationalizing their future paths.

really that is the biggest problem other than the everyday programming that goes on in music,news and tv.

other things include letting communities have local community members in local gov. that are in line with the racial divide of an area.

the only way it gets better is to get rid of the victim mentality

making such changes at the least gives the chance for things to change.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Your very coherent in your sentence structure as well! Should you be judged in the same manner?

Absolutely.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

While I know there is a definite problem with racism in our police forces across the US, I think it's very a geographically-based problem. There are places in our nation where racism is generally a blight on society and, in turn, it's a blight on their police departments. There are also much more enlightened parts of our nation where it's simply not a big issue.

... and there are 'good' cops in every department.

That is not in question.

The question is how to 'outgrow' the racist habits of individual cops and departments? I think we need to question how police are selected, trained, reviewed and supported.

Just how do we mitigate 'institutional racsim'?

Making excuses for 'individual acts' does not acknowledge nor address the growing problems of our police forces.

Who are the police 'protecting and serving'?

Who gains from a militarized and racist police force?

I agree wholeheartedly that it's not only a Black problem, but I do believe that Blacks and other people of color must lead the way - because whites have no experience of growing up as a person of color in a very white dominate system.
edit on 1-1-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Let's review.... you claimed my Vietnamese friend had advantages of culture and "tools" for success ingrained in her that blacks somehow are lacking.

You explained that black culture lacks values because of generational poverty caused by racism.

When I asked you to clarify this, you repeatedly respond with personal comments about me instead of explaining why you feel black culture has prevented blacks from opening their own business like my friend did from Vietnam.

My logic is that the OP has nothing to do with race. What's yours?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I believe if you divide the world up by race, creed, or color, you diminish humanity as a whole. People treat their pets better. Anything else is illogical. Can we move on class warfare?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

perhaps just dock their pay for every perp killed or beat?
i type that as a joke but on the real most businesses use money as incentives so why not police in some fair form be held accountable in their walletts

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Until they shoot two people a year like it was a vacation.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

that is what i thought when reading my words.
the thought one could forgo a days pay to beat up some ahole came to mind but i am speaking on top of existing rules punishment and scrutiny that currently exist

however implimented the fact is that workers respond to money otherwise we would all work for free
edit on 1-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Let's review.... you claimed my Vietnamese friend had advantages of culture and "tools" for success ingrained in her that blacks somehow are lacking.

Yes, I did. I've even explained what I meant by that.

You explained that black culture lacks values because of generational poverty caused by racism.

Yes, I did. I've even explained what I meant by that.

My logic is that the OP has nothing to do with race. What's yours?

Your seem to have misused the word logic when you mean opinion. This will be the last time I reply, because you just aren't that much fun.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join