It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Hmmmm. Wonder if it has to do with the blacks involved in these incidents being criminals....and/or committing criminal actions.

Nah!!!!!
Can't be.

HAS to be racism......always racism......like Sharpton and Jackson tell you.......*Waving hands in mysterious fashion* Always racism.

Hey....how about those stats showing a much higher rate of just black on black assault/attacks......Got to be racism...because of how high the numbers are..

The racist card just doesn't cut it anymore. You and others like you have overplayed it....do you have anything else you would like to lay on the table?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that any cop looked at this woman and thought: "Oh, she's white, better not shoot her."

More likely they thought "How can we end this without anyone else getting hurt." Now if the cops in the Garner case had done the same mental assessment, maybe Garner would still be alive. However; to say this case is racially motivated is doing a serious disservice to memory of those who have died at the hands of GENUINE racism.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Hmmmm. Wonder if it has to do with the blacks involved in these incidents being criminals....and/or committing criminal actions.

Nah!!!!!
Can't be.

Was this white person involved in this incident a "criminal....and/or committing criminal actions?"

She was?? So then the distinction isn't really a distinction, is it?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I seriously doubt that any cop looked at this woman and thought: "Oh, she's white, better not shoot her."

More likely they thought "How can we end this without anyone else getting hurt." Now if the cops in the Garner case had done the same mental assessment, maybe Garner would still be alive. However; to say this case is racially motivated is doing a serious disservice to memory of those who have died at the hands of GENUINE racism.

I agree that they probably wanted to end this without a loss of life to the suspect. The question is why are white people overwhelmingly given that consideration when approached by police to the detriment, and death, of black people in the same scenarios?

Could race be a factor?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

In the incident listed from the OP, LE made the decision not to shoot. Has nothing to do with race. Get over it.

People that come into the thread screaming that nothing is ever about race are covering up the large scale and widespread racism that exists in the country, and people pointing out that racism is happening aren't the problem.

Please then, uncover the large scale and widespread racism for us. I've asked you many times for specifics, and all you've come up with was some dribble about "opportunities" and "education" and how inner city blacks lack values because of white racism.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Can you explain to me what you see as "GENUINE" racism? I am interested in your definition of it.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I agree that they probably wanted to end this without a loss of life to the suspect. The question is why are white people overwhelmingly given that consideration when approached by police to the detriment, and death, of black people in the same scenarios?

Could race be a factor?

Statistics would say no, since more white people are shot and killed by police than black people.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

In the incident listed from the OP, LE made the decision not to shoot. Has nothing to do with race. Get over it.

People that come into the thread screaming that nothing is ever about race are covering up the large scale and widespread racism that exists in the country, and people pointing out that racism is happening aren't the problem.

Please then, uncover the large scale and widespread racism for us. I've asked you many times for specifics, and all you've come up with was some dribble about "opportunities" and "education" and how inner city blacks lack values because of white racism.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

She was. And what exactly are the details of the tail end of the incident???

Ohhh, please also provide the officers thoughts on this as well....Also, please provide in-depth analysis from your situational forensic report you have completed, with ALL of the facts and details of the case.

Also, please provide anything showing that the officers involved stated and/or thought "Hey, this is a white woman, not a black man, better not shoot her".

I will wait for even one of those things to be materialized.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: th2356

Can you explain to me what you see as "GENUINE" racism? I am interested in your definition of it.

Thanks in advance.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Specifically, the discrimination/isolation/shooting/killing/lynching/beating/etc of a person of one race by a person of another race solely because the former is a different race than latter.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Cool story bro!!!

SO, since as you basically state, I can't prove it wasn't race motivated.....seems that you can't prove that any of the recent incidents ARE race motivated.

A single isolated occurrence is harder to pinpoint than a larger trend, which is happening now, where blacks are killed by police at a rate that is nearing the lynchings of last century. When you have 10 black people killed by police and 3 white people not killed by police in a short span, it certainly suggests that there may be an underlying problem with the way we think about race in this country.

Man... I hate to use my "I'm calling bullsh#T" this early in the day...

BS 1 - blacks are not being killed by police at the rate of lynchings.

BS 2 - killing a black guy pointing a gun at you is not the same as a lynching.

BS 3 - Small sample sizes of 10 vs 3 are statistically irrelevant, and do not account for specifics. It's YOUR entire perception and bias that race was the determining factor.

BS 4 - It's juvenile logic to conclude that individual incidents involving a handful of cases mean anything in terms of the entire country of 325 million people.

BS 5 - You fail to look at the data for the thousand of interactions between police and both blacks and whites that do not result in deaths.

Your entire premise exists in your head, not in reality, and you're cherry picking examples to support your argument.

That's why the dude posted the infographic. It describes you perfectly. No logic? No facts? I know! Yell racism!!
edit on 2-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Statistics would say no, since more white people are shot and killed by police than black people.

That's not true.

You are 21 times more likely to be killed by a cop if you are black, than if you are white.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Disregard the "journalism" of the Huffington Post, and concentrate on the sources of the article.
edit on 2-1-2015 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

She was. And what exactly are the details of the tail end of the incident???

Ohhh, please also provide the officers thoughts on this as well....Also, please provide in-depth analysis from your situational forensic report you have completed, with ALL of the facts and details of the case.

Also, please provide anything showing that the officers involved stated and/or thought "Hey, this is a white woman, not a black man, better not shoot her".

I will wait for even one of those things to be materialized.

Don't wait, I won't be providing them.

I was merely commenting on the fact that you made the claim that the black men were criminals, and insinuating that the white woman was not. Since you have corrected that insinuation, I really don't know what the rest of your comment is even referencing.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Could race be a factor?

That should be of no surprise to anyone on this planet, since 75,1% of the population in the US is white and only 12,3% is black/African American.

www.infoplease.com...

Your argument is moot.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I never, at any point, insinuated that the woman was not committing a criminal offense.

YOU have assumed that.

I did state that the black men involved in the past incidents were/are criminals involved in criminal acts.

As for the rest.....I love it when people like you refuse to answer questions.....very much within the highbrow level of debate.

I guess with all of your intelligence within racism in the US....you have lost the ability to do anything else...like answer simple questions on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

That's not true.

You are 21 times more likely to be killed by a cop if you are black, than if you are white.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Disregard the "journalism" of the Huffington Post, and concentrate on the sources of the article.
I'm well aware of the "21 times" more likely statistic. I'm not denying that. As a whole, however, more white people are killed by police than black people. This is indeed a result of a larger total population of white people, but other factors include the widespread prevalence of "thug" culture among black youth. A culture in which if a black youth applies themselves and strives to rise above the culture that promotes violence and criminal activity, they are ostracized. If you want to solve the problem of black youth being statistically more likely to be killed by police, then first solve the problem of thug culture in black youth. The romanticism of thug culture in black youth in U.S. is a huge problem. Solve that, and you'll see those numbers go down dramatically.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The romanticism of thug culture in black youth in U.S. is a huge problem. Solve that, and you'll see those numbers go down dramatically.

Well said, bravo!

Now where is the little clappy face when I need it?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I never, at any point, insinuated that the woman was not committing a criminal offense.

YOU have assumed that.

No, your answer was very clearly making a distinction. But, if you are now going to say you weren't making a distinction, I will concede the point, because it doesn't matter.

I did state that the black men involved in the past incidents were/are criminals involved in criminal acts.

Right... the black men. You focused on the black men when we were talking about a larger group. You made the distinction. But, as I said, it doesn't matter.

As for the rest.....I love it when people like you refuse to answer questions.....very much within the highbrow level of debate.

I guess with all of your intelligence within racism in the US....you have lost the ability to do anything else...like answer simple questions on an internet forum.

What simple question do you need answered? Is it something you need googled for you?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm well aware of the "21 times" more likely statistic. I'm not denying that. As a whole, however, more white people are killed by police than black people. This is indeed a result of a larger total population of white people, but other factors include the widespread prevalence of "thug" culture among black youth. A culture in which if a black youth applies themselves and strives to rise above the culture that promotes violence and criminal activity, they are ostracized. If you want to solve the problem of black youth being statistically more likely to be killed by police, then first solve the problem of thug culture in black youth. The romanticism of thug culture in black youth in U.S. is a huge problem. Solve that, and you'll see those numbers go down dramatically.

So, we are in agreement then that race is a factor in police shootings?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join