It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

We all make mistakes, but asking your child to wait to become an adult before making drastic alterations to their own body is pretty damn sensible parenting to me!

And so what if 'she' changes her mind in her thirties, and decides to embrace her true male identity??? Do you suppose she can just grow a new dick ?

You're making a big assumption here that the outcome for Leleah would have been gender reassignment surgery and / or hormone therapy. The fact is that she was denied access to trained medical professionals that would probably have been in a better decision to recommend a course of action that was in some way better than stepping out onto the highway.

Lelah's psychological condition, may have presented itself as gender dysphoria but as she was never properly treated and diagnosed by a trained professional we will never know.

Not all people who suffer from gender dysphoria chose to go through with surgery or medical intervention. Based on my knowledge of current treatment the first course of action would have been to identify that she was suicidal and take whatever steps necessary to avoid that outcome. Once that issue has been controlled, then move on to her gender issues and see what the best course of action would be in her case.

Gender dysphoria in most cases is a purely psychological condition that sometimes can be treated with a purely psychological intervention. To think this is just about what a person has between their legs is to grossly misunderstand the condition.

edit on 5-1-2015 by redshoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: Meee32
You know what, I would like to know what is different from my situation/feeling to that of the transgender... I am a free man trapped inside a slaves life but I think and want to act like I am free. But society says I shouldn't. Already in this threat there is pressure to try and make me want to pay tax even though they freely admit the money kills and tortures other people.

I also have pressure from so called family to not grow weed. My dad says he could really help me out (he means give me money) but he won't unless I quit doing something that I love... Why? Erm because it is "illegal"... I don't want his money!

Oh he also says that he wont give me money as he thinks it will go on "drugs" like I am some crack addict! lmao

Bleh everything is so twisted in this world... I asked him should I also give up drinking, he says no because it is legal hahaha

I mean my head just aches that there is such a lack of logic here!

Yeah, sometimes there's no logic. The weed thing is legal here in SoCal, which hasn't fallen off the map.

Of course the downside if you're somewhere that it's illegal is there's a remote chance you go to jail if you get caught.

I agree with you about your situation being the same as the transgender in that the context is different, but the dilemma is the same.

Just curious, if you had a magic wand, and could wave it and make things anyway you want, what would your life look like?

There is a very high probability that if I got caught I would be going to prison... I'm not going to sit in court and beg and grovel and say how sorry I am lmao... I'll be going to jail for sure.

But yeah so on that level I kinda get what the transgender is feeling I guess and it pretty much sucks I have to tell you. But what else can I be but me?

Well I would be free to do as I please just so long as other peoples freedoms were not imposed upon. I am all for people having a "government" that they pay for and have rule thier lives... I will adhere to common law as I do now. I will be respectful as I am now. I would grow and in the meantime code at the PC and see my kids and just live in peace...

You know I thought the other day, why don't some people try to make a shop that runs a zero markup policy... Fund it another way like say advertising, selling product placement, taxi contracts. Or whatever you can to earn money without charging a markup... The more people that shop there the cheaper the products become. You could also ask for a donation too perhaps.

So I would do crazy things like that too XD

edit on 5-1-2015 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Entreri06

We're talking about a 17 year old killing herself. All parents let their kids down and cutting the cord is an important part of growing up, but just doesn't apply here. Family should be the one place it simply doesn't matter what others think or say, it should be the place where you're always welcome no matter what society currently thinks about you. She was way too young be left alone. Way too insecure obviously. And the poor thing didn't get a secure harbour anywhere. I don't see what you mean with "ridicoulus second guessing". Her parents should have supported and protected her and not try to change her, or make her adjusted. Untill she would have been strong and mature enough to cut the cord. And find others like her to be friends with, or maybe even someone to love...

You cannot protect some one frome themselves and you cannot MAKE someone feel a certain way... Those things are all in or head. The parents could have been 100% on board but the outside worlds pressure was just too much (which has happened plenty of times)... That's what I mean by second guessing. Plenty of supportive parents have there child commit suicide because of being bullied.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: Annee
I am not an expert on Mormons. However I am pretty knowledgeable on cults and this religious group hive mind people have been into for a while now. I dont think its for me. But I do think its for you, and plenty of other people as well, in fact I think many a female even feminist may get a kick out of it.

It's patriarchal.

Definitely not for feminists.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Transgender is not a mental disorder.

The APA Removes "Gender Identity Disorder" From Updated Mental Health Guide By Dani Heffernan, Senior Media Strategist at GLAAD | December 3, 2012 On Saturday, the American Psychiatric Association’s board of trustees approved changes to the latest version of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) that will remove the term “Gender Identity Disorder” (GID) which has historically been used by mental health professionals to diagnose transgender individuals. Simultaneously, the term “Gender Dysphoria” will be used to describe emotional distress over “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender.” Some transgender advocates see this approved change in the DSM-V as an important step toward removing stigma against transgender people based on false stereotypes about gender identity and expression, as well as the word "disorder."

www.glaad.org...

edit on 5-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Lol yeah me too but my attempts are pathetic XD I just can't do it and I never have been able to even as a kid. I have always been this way and I do believe I always will be.

Its actually not hard. Everybody does it to an extent, society itself is based on groups and individuals living in there own little bubble world. In fact that's what media and everything is about, its a set prerogative made up believe and world put before your eye every single day....And in that to you have individuals living in there own worlds within that world. If anybody actually tried to grasp the entirety of it all they would go mad...I mean literally walking down the street talking to yourself...

Its why people like jami1 is so construct, things intrude in her personal believe of the world. And its really what the social classes are about, they are each individual thought patterns and pre sets. Its why you will never see the rich agree with the poor or the middle class agree with the poor or vice versa. Its also why you always in politics you see people argue about democrats and republicans or liberals, they all literally live in there own version of a bubble world, the thing you know as the human race and all of us on planet earth is an arbitrary concept to most, and even more so most are not even capable of grasping that.

So yes, its everywere and every day, and everybody does it to there extent. Though for the majority it is unconscious thing, there on strings going about there daily activities, there hearts minds and thoughts are like little those little toy soldiers and are set to tick.

So yes, you can make yourself forget and wash it all away. Because its done by lots of people day in and day out. Though if you wanted to simply remove some thought or thing which has been bothering you just like that, at the drop of a hat. I have done it before, and will do it again...But its a pain in the gluteous maxiums. Its not something that is done without basically a whole hell of a lot of mental pain. Its basically like reforging a sword or anything else, you have to recreate yourself basically, and to do that you have to know yourself and be as real with yourself as possible. Which is practically and impossibility.

However most of that is on a personal level...And does not lead to happiness or anything, all of that is just perspectives. It just leads to change, sometimes better sometimes worse. Its basically what the buddha did, it does not change the world, for that you need to stay in the world, but it tones out everything else so you can function without all that weight. Its basically tunnel vision, which everybody does, from people going to work day in and out, to athletes, only on a bat # crazy nother level.

Well it bothers me! Like a lot and I want to do something about it! But then it seems not many others do and if you try to raise the issues you are shut out. My ex WANTED to be a sheep, like actively wanted to bury her head in the sand... How? How can she do it?

Its easier for females to see only what they want to see. One because they always have the option of getting a guy to carry all the things she does not want to see or deal with. And second because its practically in there DNA, women are much more a creation of society then men are.

There is even a quote the buddha once said about women never being able to reach enlightenment and them being more stuck in this world as lower beings. From that perspective I suppose its true, but it also depends on how you look at it. I mean if reaching a different state of being were everything okie dokie is the goal of it. Then women have a heads up advantage on that part.

People say it's a short life so enjoy it... How can I when everything that is going on disgusts me.

Well if nobody sets out to change things. Then things dont ever get changed. So living through life in okie dokie mode is fine and dandy and you will life longer and get farther. But it does not change anything, and if everybody was in that mind set...This place would literally still be a hell...I mean more then it is so now. Much more.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I actually have a friend here in the US who was going to open up a weed shop/convenience shop. I talked to him some days ago, and that fell through. The permits and rules and things you have to pay and everything else you had to do to even be allowed to open up shot he said were to much. And now he just wants to open up a convenience 7/11 type place. Which acording to him, may not happen for a few more years. But if he ever gets it up and going, he should be making more then his job right now. I think he gets payd 15$ working at the hospital doing paperwork or something, hes been there for a more then a few years now.

I think also dudes who have been selling weed before it became legal were making a pretty dollar. Now...Not so much, they may have to take an second or third job now. Freedom eh! So complicated even on such a small thing. I suppose it exists this freedom thing, somewhere I suppose it must exist, not in this universe offcourse. But maybe in another parallel universe or something. Now you see why everybody lives in there own bubble world..Its much more convenient and better.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Kittens are cool man. Though pink shirts are not that cool.

And also at one time pink and purple were seen as royal colors and more manly. Everything changes, society is all merely just an experiment that people take to seriously.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1
From internal and external things, mostly being experiences which vary from individual to individual. Pain itself is the fact of live. Its the thing which keeps this river of life moving downstream.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes
Ya that is what I said in posts back. Your dealing with a kid, not even really even that much into teenage years. So your going to do all that. Its basically the exact thing they needed to do to make this kid more prone to introversion and more prone to hate her parents and the world and herself and...Well the outcome was suicide.

And besides how does anybody know that this kid would have really went through with all that she wanted drug therapy and everything to change. If the whole situation was handled in a less prone to feelings and touchy manner or even if the kid was explained and show and even left to find about it by other transgender people or groups. The kid may have changed her mind. Nobody really knows, either way what would have happened. But life is 80% looking at things through the hindsight mirror.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
And yet thee you are.
And yet many of them like a guy to take charge of there live...Coincidence? Or merely convenience.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And yet thee you are.
And yet many of them like a guy to take charge of there live...Coincidence? Or merely convenience.

I'm not there. I quit.

I said I like the way they organize, are family focused, and hard workers.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They would be. But its better said they would better be for anybody to be there. And if you quit...Well, many others have as well. Simpler groups are generally better and more focused then the city dwelling living on mass places, and humans are more prone to it because its something they have known and done for practically all there existence, little communes and such groups are more in there blood then what we got today. I mean does anybody even know there neighbors anymore. Likely not...But its the wave of the future I suppose...Or not.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Shame another life destroyed because narrowminded bastards and "good" christians cant accept people as they are and try to force them to fit their primitive .. backward views .. more disgusting those saying the person deserved it ..

Except that this person could not accept themself for who they were and wanted to change everything they were born with. And everyone else is the bad person for trying to explain to this extremely mentally disturbed person that they were a boy. Just like how you're born gay, and it's not a choice, right? You're born a boy. You are not a girl. What is so wrong with these people, and society, that people can't even agree with their own gender? Sure, you can be an astronaut, a police man, or even president, but no, you can't be a girl, because you are a boy. It's like saying I'm a white person, trapped in a blacks person's body, and I want to take drugs to be black.

It's disgusting. These people are extremely mentally damaged. They need therapy, not hormones.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyMe
Except that this person could not accept themself for who they were and wanted to change everything they were born with. And everyone else is the bad person for trying to explain to this extremely mentally disturbed person that they were a boy.

Just like how you're born gay, and it's not a choice, right? You're born a boy. You are not a girl. What is so wrong with these people, and society, that people can't even agree with their own gender? Sure, you can be an astronaut, a police man, or even president, but no, you can't be a girl, because you are a boy. It's like saying I'm a white person, trapped in a blacks person's body, and I want to take drugs to be black.

It's disgusting. These people are extremely mentally damaged. They need therapy, not hormones.

Armchair psychology......using such blind naivety and ignorance we can fix the world!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: FinallyMe
Except that this person could not accept themself for who they were and wanted to change everything they were born with. And everyone else is the bad person for trying to explain to this extremely mentally disturbed person that they were a boy.

Just like how you're born gay, and it's not a choice, right? You're born a boy. You are not a girl. What is so wrong with these people, and society, that people can't even agree with their own gender? Sure, you can be an astronaut, a police man, or even president, but no, you can't be a girl, because you are a boy. It's like saying I'm a white person, trapped in a blacks person's body, and I want to take drugs to be black.

Armchair psychology......using such blind naivety and ignorance we can fix the world!

One does not have to be an expert to see the obvious. Got a penis? Congratulations, you're a boy. That is not my "opinion" and it IS NOT "armchair psychiatry." It's R-E-A-L-I-T-Y.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I actually have a friend here in the US who was going to open up a weed shop/convenience shop. I talked to him some days ago, and that fell through. The permits and rules and things you have to pay and everything else you had to do to even be allowed to open up shot he said were to much. And now he just wants to open up a convenience 7/11 type place. Which acording to him, may not happen for a few more years. But if he ever gets it up and going, he should be making more then his job right now. I think he gets payd 15$ working at the hospital doing paperwork or something, hes been there for a more then a few years now.

I think also dudes who have been selling weed before it became legal were making a pretty dollar. Now...Not so much, they may have to take an second or third job now. Freedom eh! So complicated even on such a small thing. I suppose it exists this freedom thing, somewhere I suppose it must exist, not in this universe offcourse. But maybe in another parallel universe or something. Now you see why everybody lives in there own bubble world..Its much more convenient and better.

Seems like you are confusing "freedom" with "profitability." Your friend was absolutely free to open that shop. He chose not to do so. Him not being to afford to get the paperwork in order to open a store is hardly any abridgment on his freedom. It's just a commentary on his financial position. And now he is free to open a 7/11. Once again, no one is abridging your friend's freedom to chase whatever dream he wants to chase. Not being able to afford to do so is another matter, and that part of it is on him.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
One does not have to be an expert to see the obvious. Got a penis? Congratulations, you're a boy. That is not my "opinion" and it IS NOT "armchair psychiatry." It's R-E-A-L-I-T-Y.

Totally armchair psychiatry, you see something, you think you know what you're talking about (when you don't), you make absolute claims or statements.

Is a hermaphrodite always a boy or always a girl?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo
Nah its all about the money, I think there is one building he could afford and is in the right place. But its not up to code and I think if you sell that product it has to be some distance from certain places, like schools and hospitals and what else. It did not fit the code, and it was to much to go through. And even if he got it open it was not realy worth it from what he said. So ya, it was about the money, because if he had the money he could have got it started already...Duh!

So ya! This is America, its all about that Benjamins, though i do not believe there is that much a difference between other countries, the only difference is in the quality of there propaganda.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Totally armchair psychiatry, you see something, you think you know what you're talking about (when you don't), you make absolute claims or statements.

Is a hermaphrodite always a boy or always a girl?

It is a clear anomaly and documented as so. But this is not about someone who was unfortunate enough to have an anomaly at birth. The topic as of late is those factually born correct according to science, nature, and I guess God with a penis or vagina and for some reason they want people to believe deep inside they should instead have the opposite because thats who they feel they are inside. Whatever be odd and spoiled, its america thats our right. But you will always be and what you were born in my book, and I have not and will not call a man a woman because he decided to go see Dr. Frankenstein and pump their bodies full of chemicals and unnatural levels of different hormones. Thats is a violation of MY civil rights as they are attempting to force me to accept a lie, I will do no such thing.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join